Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Darth Severus speeder bike

That model isn't even one day old that I already have designed a better version and ordered the parts I need... I really should stop buyin Lego... :look:

Nice model, do you have any reference pics?

There is no reference, I wanted to build a small sith speeder with round shapes, like Darth Maul's one.

Yesterday I built the new version and it works great, but I still need to receive the windscreen part I ordered...

Good balance with the two half circle shapes. Definitely reminds me of the Maul speeder bike. My one issue with it is the windshield being the lowest point on the speeder unless the angle is misleading me.

That new windscreen technique is stunning. May I ask whether you use some... custom part to lock those two modified plates (the bottom screen holder and the steering holder) together upside down? Or does it hand by only with help of these windscreen pieces?

Good balance with the two half circle shapes. Definitely reminds me of the Maul speeder bike. My one issue with it is the windshield being the lowest point on the speeder unless the angle is misleading me.

the windshield is a bit too low, but there's not many options. In real it doesn't look so bad, the picture makes it stand out a bit more.

That new windscreen technique is stunning. May I ask whether you use some... custom part to lock those two modified plates (the bottom screen holder and the steering holder) together upside down? Or does it hand by only with help of these windscreen pieces?

The windscreens hold things in place :wink:

the MK2 is so sleek and pretty neat! loving the shape overall and red is just perfect. don't think i've seen those kind of windshield before.

Now it looks up to snuff with the Crimson Pilgrim! The technique for the windscreen is great, as is the back. It makes an almost perfect ball, which looks really good. If you do make an accompaniment to the Crimson Pilgrim, I'd love to see this somewhere on board!

Thanks everyone :blush:

Now it looks up to snuff with the Crimson Pilgrim! The technique for the windscreen is great, as is the back. It makes an almost perfect ball, which looks really good. If you do make an accompaniment to the Crimson Pilgrim, I'd love to see this somewhere on board!

That's what is planned, but I'm really not sure I'll be able to do a new big brickbuilt project this year. :sceptic:

I'm making instructions for my smaller models, and hope to sell them in order to get some Lego budget as this year will be difficult for me, money wise... So anyone wanting instructions for one of the two speeder can send me a symbolic 1€ (or more if you think my work is worth it) on my paypal account: gaetanb[at]free.fr. Don't forget to mention in a note your email address and the model you want.