just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

These look incredible! If it weren't for the somewhat pricey costs, I'd buy these first chance I get! Luke looks totally fine to me, and his head is actually better than I thought it would be. And Darth Vader is fantastic! Also, something you guys might want to know...

After looking at those high-high-res pictures...

It looks like Vader's 8M shells have STICKERS.

DUN DUN DUN... :tongue: (It doesn't bother me at all, but I'm sure it may bother those who hate stickers. It might also be a relief to some of you who want plain black 8M shells.)

It is pretty sad that so many people are shouting "Galidor Ben 10 BLEARGH BLAH BLAH". These are absolutely NOTHING like Galidor, and are way more complex. Good thing those folks aren't the target audience.

Luke looks like a robot from I, Robot. DV looks great and will definitely be getting him. I'm really looking forward to seeing Boba Fett.

These look incredible! If it weren't for the somewhat pricey costs, I'd buy these first chance I get! Luke looks totally fine to me, and his head is actually better than I thought it would be. And Darth Vader is fantastic! Also, something you guys might want to know...

After looking at those high-high-res pictures...

It looks like Vader's 8M shells have STICKERS.

DUN DUN DUN... :tongue: (It doesn't bother me at all, but I'm sure it may bother those who hate stickers. It might also be a relief to some of you who want plain black 8M shells.)

It is pretty sad that so many people are shouting "Galidor Ben 10 BLEARGH BLAH BLAH". These are absolutely NOTHING like Galidor, and are way more complex. Good thing those folks aren't the target audience.

The 6M shells (not 8M, don't know where you're getting that) are most likely printed. When a set has stickers you can see the edges of the stickers in renders. There's no such indication in the pics we've had of Darth. Plus, the 6M shell piece has been printed before: in Scorpio from 2011. The only stickers we've ever had in CCBS sets were on parts which had never before been printed.

The 6M shells (not 8M, don't know where you're getting that) are most likely printed. When a set has stickers you can see the edges of the stickers in renders. There's no such indication in the pics we've had of Darth. Plus, the 6M shell piece has been printed before: in Scorpio from 2011. The only stickers we've ever had in CCBS sets were on parts which had never before been printed.

Slight correction — Stormer XL had one 5M shell with a sticker, even though 5M shells had been printed before. But that's the only example I know of where a previously-printed CCBS part was stickered.

Printed 6M shells also came in Fire Lord in 2011.

So when is the official instructions to combine Luke and Vader into some sorta ultra sith-Jedi warrior-thingy gonna appear online?

just looked over at the SW Forum and system elitists are tearing into these contraction sets, smh

That's why we have a separate discussion for them here, for people who actually appreciate them.

Yuuuup. Oh well, they can deal. Vader's gonna sell like hotcakes.

I'm impressed at the quality that went into these, much better than the DC or Marvel Ultrabuilds.

By the looks of it , Vader is going to be quite tall and all the black detail pieces and cape are going to make me want to buy it. Plus he's Star Wars, so unlike the Bionicle sets there is a good chance they'll ship these to this country (last year no HF or Chima ultra build set arrived. None, not at all). Also maybe he actually looks great in person. It's difficult to know what to expect with all the black that tends to look different in real life than in CGI / pictures. Some details might be stickers also.

My main concern is that with the Star Wars license , plus apparently great amount of pieces and quite some height, Vader and perhaps all the sets are going to be very expensive. Let's see what happens with the retail prices.

Edited by vexorian

Vader looks brilliant, I think the CCBS style works really well for a robotic/armored charecter like him. I'm not really liking the new lightsaber blade pieces, and I would have prefered something like the original Technic Vader, with transparent axel joiners. But overall, I think it would be worth the $20 price tag. Luke, on the other hand, is not that interesting. He's not terrible, but not that interesting either. However, the way they built the blaster is excellent, simple and effective.

just looked over at the SW Forum and system elitists are tearing into these contraction sets, smh

And to think they wanted this moved to the star wars forums.

Also, I don't know why some of you have a problem w/ organic pieces.

TBH, I think we need more.

Edited by Jetrax99

Darth Vader is pretty cool....

On the other hand, Luke looks like a robotic skeleton with a human head, and by the way, Luke's head doesn't look like LEGO at all. It reminds me to Galidor and Scala in some way

The hate for these in other places is real. Not "real LEGO?" Goodness.

I think Luke's robotic look doesn't come as much from the style of the pieces and build (although that doesn't help) but more from the CCBS precedent. While Chima and Super Heroes were built with this system, we remember it mostly for Hero Factory (and now Bionicle), which were much more mechanical than human Luke. So the head admittedly looks a bit strange there. Not that TLG did a bad job; I'm impressed Luke looks as human as he does.

That said, I agree with most that the mechanical and armoured characters will look the best in this system.

Luke, on the other hand, is not that interesting. He's not terrible, but not that interesting either.

Agreed. They chose to make RotJ Luke so kids will be able to recreate the final fight with Vader. But because of that, the color scheme is extremely bland (only black, yay, but it could have been worse, at least he doesn't have bley bones), and Luke being a basic human, the build is very simple, which makes the set simply boring. I was expecting worse for the head, though.

On the contrary, DV looks very good. The build seems quite interesting (I've spotted a few system parts on FBTB's pictures, and I noticed that his legs are attached to a XT4 torso put upside-down), and he's really impressive. And the helmet is gorgeous. Speaking of new parts, I'm not a huge fan of the new leg armors, but I expect Cody and Obi-Wan to have them in white, and I think they'll look better in white than in black.

Man, why is it always whenever I take a break from the web for a day that the cool stuff is shown?

Darth Vader looks awesome. He's a sure buy for me, I really like how he looks here.

Luke is also pretty cool. I don't mind his organic-looking head. On a first look, I'm actually more bothered by his arms, but that's simply because the basic arm design looks very robotic and there is just no way to give him more organic arms. I may pick him up as well, but I'm not to 100% sure yet.

Only thing that bothers me with both is how skinny the ankles look from the side (judging by the very first pics). But other than that, the design and the size for these sets look pretty sweet.

I'm really looking forward to the remaining characters here.

Edited by ZORK64

Wow, that Vader... actually looks pretty awesome! This is much better than what I feared these would look like after the horrendous Superheroes ones. True, Luke looks a bit odd, but that was to be expected and I think it could have been much worse. The only thing that irks me about these is the high price, but if I see it on sale, I would definitely get that Vader! I hope that his arms have enough articulation under those shoulder pads. The fact that the lightsaber hilts are all the same is also a bit disappointing, but I guess it makes them more versatile. If the rest turn out as good as these, I might have to start collecting these!

I know that constraction figures aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm also surprised at the amount of hate these are getting. Anyone who is comparing these to Galidor is probably just trolling. I like it when TLG tries something new with the SW license and these look promising to me. I hope they will do well enough that we get another wave with a Stormie, Boba, and C-3PO since they looked great in that CUUSOO project (and I'm surprised they weren't included in the first lineup).

Can't wait to see Grievous!

I know that constraction figures aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm also surprised at the amount of hate these are getting. Anyone who is comparing these to Galidor is probably just trolling. I like it when TLG tries something new with the SW license and these look promising to me. I hope they will do well enough that we get another wave with a Stormie, Boba, and C-3PO since they looked great in that CUUSOO project (and I'm surprised they weren't included in the first lineup).

nawman, knowing system elitists, they might be dead serious.

And it is kind of refreshing to see constraction touch up on different lines, i might actually have a reason for getting a star wars set now, :U

Same here, im hyped for Grievous

As a true Lego Star Wars fan I'd rather they made a ship for the 1500-th time instead of this.

There are many people who will think the opposite, and that is what matters. If you don't like it, don't buy it. :)

As a true Lego Star Wars fan I'd rather they made a ship for the 1500-th time instead of this.

I don't think that repetitiveness is better than innovation, but to each their own.

Can't wait to pick up Vader and excited to see the other guy's builds.

Wow, that Vader... actually looks pretty awesome! This is much better than what I feared these would look like after the horrendous Superheroes ones. True, Luke looks a bit odd, but that was to be expected and I think it could have been much worse. The only thing that irks me about these is the high price, but if I see it on sale, I would definitely get that Vader! I hope that his arms have enough articulation under those shoulder pads. The fact that the lightsaber hilts are all the same is also a bit disappointing, but I guess it makes them more versatile. If the rest turn out as good as these, I might have to start collecting these!

They aren't trolling. I'm willing to debate that Luke is worse than Galidor's style simply for the representation of humans here. For all of Galidor's simplicity (and ugliness), it never (or rarely) featured weirdly disjointed limbs on characters that were intended to represent a human being.

I'm getting really tired of this gigantic debate over CCBS and System. There's a river of hatred starting to flow under the surface, and it's going to explode sooner or later. Most of the "System Elitists" as you would call them just simply don't want CCBS in their favorite lines. Example: Making a reboot of EXO-FORCE entirely out of CCBS. It's an insult to the legacy of the original line, and an arbitrary betrayal of the line's original goals, intentions and style.

Edited by Mandate

Example: Making a reboot of EXO-FORCE entirely out of CCBS. It's an insult to the legacy of the original line, and an arbitrary betrayal of the line's original goals, intentions and style.

Some people would call that "innovation over rehashing", which LEGO tries to do.

Some people would call that "innovation over rehashing", which LEGO tries to do.

That's not innovation. That's rehashing an already done (and arguably failed) concept: Invasion From Below. EXO-FORCE was the pioneer of System mechs, and a pioneer of SNOT techniques. The effects of the line can still be seen far and wide today, in almost every mech LEGO has made since. Like it or not, a CCBS version of EXO-FORCE would virtually incite a riot amongst "System Elitists".

Innovation is improving on a current idea and making it fresh and new. Leave CCBS Mechs for the HF reboot. Besides, if LEGO really believed CCBS mechs were an innovation over System mechs, we wouldn't be seeing any more System mechs

Edited by Mandate