just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Update to my earlier message. Tesco, for some reason, didn't list the new sets under the SW Lego page, but if you "search" for Star Wars Lego on Tesco Direct they magically appear . . . and they are included in the Clubcard Boost promotion! So if you have clubcard vouchers you can double these up (£5 + £10) to by new Lego TFA sets. Suddenly, picking up the MF for £65 of vouchers doesn't seem so bad, and Grevious only costs £15 in vouchers. ;-)

. . . Just burned up my last clubcard vouchers. Last four figures plus the First Order TIE ordered and will be ready for collection Monday. :-)

Vader has looked far too bulky and angular to me since I first saw him, and I don't know why so many people like him. Still struggling to understand why they went with gunmetal for his upper armor when it's actually silver.

I'm guessing the fact that they'd have to recolor the round armor piece. I really think they should have just removed a few pieces that weren't 100% necessary to scrape up the budget to recolor that piece, because gunmetal is just close enough to black that it causes a weird colorscheme Uncanny Valley effect, while silver, being brighter, helps liven up a colorscheme.

I'm guessing the fact that they'd have to recolor the round armor piece. I really think they should have just removed a few pieces that weren't 100% necessary to scrape up the budget to recolor that piece, because gunmetal is just close enough to black that it causes a weird colorscheme Uncanny Valley effect, while silver, being brighter, helps liven up a colorscheme.

Round armor piece came in black in Toxic Reapa. ;)

So yeah, they both came in black.

I think they probably went with gunmetal for Vader since that was probably the cheapest option and the best compromise. Considering that silver would have required an all-new recolour and bringing a certain other recolour from the dead, and the black round shell was last seen 3 years ago and was retired in early 2013 (hence would cost more to remake), and all 3 different gunmetal pieces on Vader were still in production when the design was finalised, so that's my theory over why LEGO went with gunmetal over silver or black.

Though don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see the round shell in silver or return in black, and I would have loved to see the square shell return in silver (we only ever got ONE of those, in 2013 Bulk).

Recolor it to silver, I meant.

Same. I've had Vader sitting around for about a week now, and I just really don't like him. Spoilers for my BZP review, I guess.

That's a bummer. On the other hand, now that you have the head piece and cape, can we maybe expect to see you MOC your own take on the character? THAT I'd like to see!

Here in Italy, aka the Third World of the LEGO planet, we're getting the SW figure in October.

Yep, you read that right. Freaking October.

I'd really like to know how both the blaster and the holster used in the clone troopers and Luke are made, I want to build one for one of my characters.

Just a small reminder the October catalogue hints at double VIP points, so might be best holding off getting the sets if you want them (If you benefit from the VIP points anyway)

Personally going to be going for Vader and Grievous, just prefer the larger bad guy sets to the smaller sets. Feel the 2016 wave of sets will bring the better smaller sets.

Just a small reminder the October catalogue hints at double VIP points, so might be best holding off getting the sets if you want them (If you benefit from the VIP points anyway)

Personally going to be going for Vader and Grievous, just prefer the larger bad guy sets to the smaller sets. Feel the 2016 wave of sets will bring the better smaller sets.

I agree with you Scarilian. So far I'm planning on getting Grievous tomorrow. BTW. Vader is awesome.

So could anyone post a Toa wielding a lightsaber? Any Toa and any colour, I'm just curious to see how they go together.

So could anyone post a Toa wielding a lightsaber? Any Toa and any colour, I'm just curious to see how they go together.

Sure, let's have Jedi Master Tahu :laugh:

dscn6613.jpg

Sure, let's have Jedi Master Tahu :laugh:

Gali dons her Jedi powers to vanquish the Skull Spiders once and for all!

Pardon the poor quality.

Dang, these really make me want to have a Toa wielding a lightsaber in the future. Sadly, though, I imagine it is one of the parts that cannot be used in other themes for licensing purposes.

At least the lightsaber handle is generic enough to be used in other sets. I've already used the ones from my Grevious and Vader as handles for Slicer's swords and Grinder's staff.

I bought myself Jango Fett the other night. and I managed to attached the jet pack to a HF torso shell, I also disabled the flick firing function, rose up the jetpack to sit higher on his back, made the missile longer so it sticks up from behind his head:

alR0aeyl.jpg

How I did so :

3vmShESl.jpg

Oooh wow. Thanks Veyronian. Lightsaber wielding Toa just look right to me. Very cool. Man I can't wait to get all these sets and pieces.

I bought myself Jango Fett the other night. and I managed to attached the jet pack to a HF torso shell, I also disabled the flick firing function, rose up the jetpack to sit higher on his back, made the missile longer so it sticks up from behind his head:

-snip-

How I did so :

-snip-

Really, really like this. Going to do this to my own Jango now...

To those who have both Grievous and Vader - which one stands better on the shelf ?

Do you mean literally stand, as in how stable they are on the shelf?

Vader's very stable, and since he's an upright figure, his centre of gravity is very easy to figure out, much like any conventional toy. Plus, he has those friction joints on his hips and his feet, so his legs will be quite stable.

Grievous is a little bit harder purely due to his chicken-leg design. Once you figure out a pose, he's very stable, but figuring it out is the hard part. It requires playing around with the feet and posing the legs to make sure he's planted solid on a surface. All I know is that he's the only one of the two I've had fall down at least once.

No, I mean in general looks.

Oh, in that case, I think they're both excellent, to the point I can't really decide. Grievous is large and imposing, and a really impressive figure simply by scale. When you spread out his arms with his lightsabers he looks fantastic.

Vader on the other hand keeps a more commanding, intimidating look. He's a powerful, dangerous presence on the shelf.

It really depends on which look you like better (I have them both fighting each other now). But if I was forced to choose one, I'd say Grievous is more impressive simply due to his size and his eye-catching design. He'll catch the eyes of visitors better.