Or the armor is anchored into the torso with arm pins. It looks flexible enough for that.

Another theory I've seen is that perhaps his regular torso DOES have regular arms, and they're folded up inside the armor/upper body. It looks like there might be enough space for that.

That sounds interesting. Maybe it's more of an exo-armor with his real arms operating it. He is part-giant, though, so it might not be.

I don't think you can really blame a lot of people for disagreeing with LEGO on the category they've put it in. While there is a wizard, and there most certainly are knights and robotic horses, you've also got to consider what else is in the theme. For an example, NINJAGO is not a castle theme, despite its predecessor (Ninja) being categorized as such. In NINJAGO's very first year, the only source of technology in the entire line was on the villain's side. Every instance of a "hero"-based set was either an oriental, Asian structure or a dragon. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that considered NINJAGO, even in its first year, a castle theme. Yet Nexo Knights, which is a far larger departure from the core ideas of a Castle theme, is somehow still a Castle theme. Which makes zero sense whatsoever, considering most (if not all) of the polybags are based on self-driven vehicles or mobile turrets, two out of main hero vehicle sets (three, if you include the robo-horse's transformation function) being heavily technology-based rather over a "medieval+" style like the Fortrex, and the remaining villain sets are so different you can't really argue the fine details of most of them regarding how much they fit in with even a fantasy view of medieval times.

That's the problem with calling Nexo Knights a "Castle" theme. You have the hallmarks of a "medieval+" line, but at the same time it misses the point of a style like that by 5 miles when you give the heroes giant cars, stationary turrets and big hulking Mech suits. A great example of a "medieval+" style would be TLM's Castle Cavalry, where the futuristic vehicle in the set did not depart from a historically based art style. Nexo Knights does this very well in sets such as the Fortrex, but when you know there's going to be more giant cars in the future of this line than stuff based even remotely on history I don't think I can fault people for wanting to distance this from the traditional Castle sets.

Can't there be a future knights sub-theme though? Just because its not set back hundreds of years in the past doesn't mean that there can't be knights in the future

Can't there be a future knights sub-theme though? Just because its not set back hundreds of years in the past doesn't mean that there can't be knights in the future

I wouldn't mind knights in the future, as long a there are knights from hundreds of years in the past. From what I gather, that will not be the case. With Nexo Knights around, there will be no traditional medieval fantasy Castle theme.

Very disheartening.

Yeah sorry, my mistake, and to my knowledge that piece is new for the Nexo Knights Line (As in the Axe piece, if that was Unclear)

No problem, it's an easy mistake, since both games are also kinda obscure in comparison with the others in the series. And thanks for the answer to my question. :wink:

I just tried an old knight visor helmet add-on to realize that the Nexo Knight helmet probably won't work with the MOC for which I'd like to use it due to having not enough space. So as long as it doesn't turn out that the new visors are slimmer than the old one, I have to look for another helmet solution again. *sigh*

Though I still will pick up a few sets I think.

Edited by ZORK64

I wouldn't mind knights in the future, as long a there are knights from hundreds of years in the past. From what I gather, that will not be the case. With Nexo Knights around, there will be no traditional medieval fantasy Castle theme.

Very disheartening.

Why are you waiting for an official set? LDD and Bricklink, for the Win!

Or maybe let yourself enjoy this fresh take.

Edited by Rayskull

In contrast to Ninjago, the lack of vehicles for the heroes seems to be a flaw with the Nexo Knights series.

Having the robot horses and hover boards are not enough.

In contrast to Ninjago, the lack of vehicles for the heroes seems to be a flaw with the Nexo Knights series.

Did you see the giant blue moving castle on tank treads? Or the King's Mech?

Ninjago

Wave one: 2 Dragons

Wave two: 2 Dragons

Total: 4

Nexo Knights

Wave one: Fortrex, Mini-Fortrex, 2 Motorcycles, 3 Hover Horses, King's Mech, Mecha Horse, Rumble Blade, Plane

Total: 11

:enough:

Ninjago

Nexo Knights

Wave one: Fortrex, Mini-Fortrex, 2 Motorcycles, 3 Hover Horses, King's Mech, Mecha Horse, Rumble Blade, Plane

We are beating up this dead horse :)

Why are you waiting for an official set? LDD and Bricklink, for the Win!

Or maybe let yourself enjoy this fresh take.

I can't BrickLink parts that don't exist. New armor styles, new shields, new minifigures, etc.

I'll enjoy Nexo Knights to the degree that I am capable of enjoying Sci-fi Castle sets. I will likely buy a couple sets. But I still want traditional medieval fantasy castle sets.

Ninjago

Nexo Knights

Don't forget the hover-shields!

So...

Aaron Fox

Lance Richmond

Clay Moorington

Macy Halbert

Alx

Thanks for the link

Your welcome . found it looking for the leaked finalized pictures. For some reason I like that Axl has no last name. It's different in a good way. I also like his character in general.he doesn't seem to be a large dumb brute like I expected, which is good

Edited by NetherCreeper

The robots are called "Squire Bots" and the one in Lance's Mecha Horse is named Dennis. :laugh:

I like how all of the knights come from different villages and have rivalries with one another, the story feels more realistic than KK2. :thumbup:

Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the link. Nice but of backround. Those might be the highest rez pics there too.

I like how the Castle starts up like an old car.

Are Aaron and Macy wearing the same helmet?

The robots are called "Squire Bots" and the one in Lance's Mecha Horse is named Dennis. :laugh:

I like how all of the knights come from different villages and have rivalries with one another, the story feels more realistic than KK2. :thumbup:

Thanks for the link!

That's why the white squire comes with his Robo Horse.

Edited by Rayskull

Just noticed something in Lance's bio:

"Being a part of a team tasked the protecting the realm"

Knighton is one of the sixteen. :wink:

For those Bionicle fans out there, the bios really remind me of the Toa's personalities... Aaron has a remarkably similar personality as Lewa, and Clay is very similar to Kopaka...

Just noticed something in Lance's bio:

"Being a part of a team tasked the protecting the realm"

Knighton is one of the sixteen. :wink:

Not sure if serious or joking... :D

Edited by legozebra

We are beating up this robo horse :)

FTFY

Clips for Merlock 2.0, Jestro and the Book of Monsters have been uploaded to the Nexo Knights website. Not much substantial in them, though the "omg itch bettuh than normal castle" theme is really starting to get on my nerves with Merlock's video. It also seems to confirm that Jestro is a pretty bad Jester (which has something to do with him turning evil) seeing as he can't hold the king and queen's attention.

In Jestro's little clip, he summons two big monsters, "Sparkz" and another one which looks nice too. Wonder if we'll get him in bricks.

At the very end of this same clip, we get a glimpse at what seems like a new bad guys vehicle in the bottom left corner, which could be quite nice (I think it was in other clips too but I didn't pay attention).

Right I'm back from New York and it's amazing Comic-Con. So, first, thanks to everyone who defended me/LEGO but please speak your mind, tell me you think I'm wrong if that's what you believe and be honest about what you think, I can take it (and compared to what Eurobricks said about the stuff I did for the original Agents theme when those pictures first leaked everything here is a lovely pat on the back :) ).

We designers won't stop reading the thread (hi guys), here and elsewhere, because it's the first feedback we get and because generally our adult fans are our harshest critics and if we can win over some of you with such a radical departure from traditional castle themes then we're half way there.

The only thing I do ask castle fans to remember is that you are adults, you can wait a few years, build models yourself, show us what you think a more classic castle theme should be, because although we would never copy you the styles and part usage you show us can have an effect. Look at Space police 3, without the AFOL space fans influence those sets would have looked very different, the way fans were building space MOCs was reflected in the sets. This is a chance to rest the traditional classic castle theme for a year or two, give it a chance to breath. In the meantime the fans can take the parts in Nexo-Knights and Ninjago (and Scooby Doo - whatever) to show us what is possible. This is the point of LEGO bricks after all.

Edited by Nabii

Look at Space police 3, without the AFOL space fans influence those sets would have looked very different, the way fans were building space MOCs was reflected in the sets.

So when is our new Space theme due ?!?! :hmpf_bad:

Just kidding Mark. I think the "problem" with NK is that it's a mixed theme, including parts, lore and aesthetics from different themes such as castle and space. It's no surprise classic castle fans don't find what they want in the theme, and I know space fans feel the same.

I'm not really interested in the theme itself, but still I think it is a nice source for many sci-fi and castle parts that will find their way into many MOCs.

Look at Space police 3, without the AFOL space fans influence those sets would have looked very different, the way fans were building space MOCs was reflected in the sets.

Space Police IV? :tongue:

Most of the designs look great! Did you take any inspiration from Lego Universe?