Psyence

[MOC] - UCS X34 Landspeeder

Supported! Amazing and very detailed MOC. Iff this would be an official set i will buy it.

I think the front window would be an new created part from TLC for this MOC

Edited by Gerechtigkeitsliga

Amaizing MOC of course, detailed and with good ideas. Great work on the reactors !

Trying to improve the cockpit with a SNOT version should be the best way to get a better one. Maybe you'll have to make few scale adjustments, but if you manage to build the right cockpit you wont regret it. What about using the #10212 windscreen with a SNOT armature for the sides ?

Do not hesitate to show your trials with other pieces here.

Also, not a fan of the wings to make a dark red curve, but an intelligent compromise. A SNOT with arches coud, at this scale, be useful.

All thank you for the feedback. I've posted some updates to the project if you're curious. A new windscreen will be coming next week. No doubt the most criticized part of the model - I have two options that I hope the public will like:

Updated Grille Near Vents and Front:

16165297047_5eeeeafa2d_s.jpgUpdated Grille - Side by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

15728741564_26a7e5c2fa_s.jpgUpdated Grille - Front by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Updated Circuit Panel and Cockpit - enlarged and closer to the windscreen with cockpit reshaping up front to accommodate a new windscreen:

16349429681_40ba8c4160_s.jpgUpdated Cockpit and Circuit Panel by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Minor Update to Open Engine (added tubing/wire - will revisit):

16349430171_7980ef8e01_s.jpgUpdated Open Engine by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

15728743134_b14af6f82d_s.jpgUpdated Open Engine by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Edited by Psyence

Send this in.

The grill is incredible, but I love the use of lego keys, and telephone.

Gaut - good call on the SNOT arch - I did toy with this idea a little in LDD and will revisit again - I have much to learn.

The more I look at this, the more I love it. Lego would be crazy not to use this; an iconic model from A New Hope? They don't even have to make any changes. The piece count, everything, is just perfect.

NOTE: Thank you to Artizan and TWB for reference pieces:

Windscreen Ver 1 - I like that it almost looks like a solid piece but this would have to be cut from the top toward the back at an angle to be similar to the real deal. This would be a finished product if I decide to use it (but leaning toward a new prototype - Ver II below):

16195324738_5d3dc910f6_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16195549200_9da22c5e16_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

15760508834_8f0da3f9f7_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16195550440_12bd008199_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Windscreen Ver 2 (prototype) - let's assume for a moment that all clear slopes are Trans-Black and that there is a full row of 1 x 2 Trans-Black tile on the top of each piece of the shield. I believe I'm going this route as the shape is just about dead on (with the exception of a fine curve toward the back). Remaining pieces are on the way to finish this. Depending on feedback here will determine what my update will be on ideas:

16381331101_80506f9079_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16195429738_8d924534b3_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16195651240_63811cc110_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

15763048913_7250e188d7_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

15760612514_e6e0279fb3_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16357079516_2631a76d90_s.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Edited by Psyence

Both of those look great! The second one is especially good. Those techniques are truly awesome. Do you think the model is final now?

Version 2 is definitely the better of the two, but somehow I think your original idea works best. To improve on that it will require a custom windshield.

Edited by Dapper-D2

I like the original as well, even it if isn't as model accurate. It just looks great ;) Otherwise option 2 above is the way to go.

Version 2 looks definetly better. You only have to use trans black cheese slopes and not to use plates on the top of the windscreen to hold it : than this cockpit will be perfect !

As promised, the windscreen and engine updates. Thank you in advance for feedback:

Windscreen Ver. 2:

15808862593_424a3c6bb6_c.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16428907165_fc101bac3c_c.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16427154461_9e4049c578_c.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16402977116_d594783e9e_c.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Engine:

16427126161_4e87a482e6_c.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16427125991_2db753a32f_c.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16428885435_a7b94fbf7b_c.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Supported! Fingers crossed you reach the 10k with it... Looks really, really awesome!

Edited by H_Solo

Beautiful moc! I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it became an official set. You've got my support, obviously!

It looks great like that! :wub:

Also those engines have some really good stuff.

This set is now pretty much perfect.

The only thing getting in your way is the usual licensed theme sets and the scale of it but I'll definitely support this and it's a set that I'd definitely buy!

Looks amazing, Lego would be fools not to give this iconic ship a release. I could honestly see them making a new windscreen for this if it was more cost effective that using all the parts for it that you have.

All,

Thanks for the comments and support, greatly appreciated. Hoping for 10K at this point, not even thinking about the review right now. As Lego told Cavegod and Robianco eluded to, projects that would be "licensed" have a harder time making the review. I guess I can be positive in that at my 1K comment from Lego "green lighted" me to continue growing in support and that there were no known licensing conflicts or issues at this point. Regardless if this makes it or not, I'll still have my UCS Landspeeder. :classic: