TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

Unfortunately that's nothing new, his face was revealed months ago. Still it's nice to get a good look at it. Too bad he doesn't seem to be based around anything from any of the shows (Or at least we haven't found anything conclusive yet).

I'm still waiting to see the Lighthouse Keeper and Mummy's alternate faces, it will help confirm what episodes they come from.

Unfortunately that's nothing new, his face was revealed months ago. Still it's nice to get a good look at it. Too bad he doesn't seem to be based around anything from any of the shows (Or at least we haven't found anything conclusive yet).

I'm still waiting to see the Lighthouse Keeper and Mummy's alternate faces, it will help confirm what episodes they come from.

Thanks to the BesyBuy.ca leaks that were posted about a month ago, we know exactly who the Mummy and Creepy Keeper are. The ONLY villain we know nothing about is the Swamp Creature (they called him Mr. Brown). They seem to no longer appear on Google's cache so here is what they were listed as:

Creepy Keeper / Verona Dempsey - What's New, Scooby Doo? 301. Fright House of a Lighthouse

Mummy of Ankha / Dr.Najib - SDWAY: 112. Scooby Doo and a Mummy, Too

Headless Horsemen / Elwood Crane - TSDS: 105. The Headless Horseman of Halloween

Zombie / Zeke - SDWAY: 113. Which Witch is Which?

Tree Monster - Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost movie

Flyrtrap Lily - SDWAY: 205 Haunted House Hang-Up

The Phantom / Bluestone the Great - SDWAY 103. Hassle in the Castle

Dracula / BIg Bob Oakley - SDWAY: 111 A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts

Black Knight Ghost / Mr.Wickles - SDWAY 101 What a Night for a Knight

Swamp Creature / Mr. Brown - ???? A typo maybe but non of the guys had a monocle???? Could it be the one from WNSD: A Scooby-Doo Halloween or Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island / DTV2. Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost or a new villain or what? This is the most confusing. All we know based on the face reveal is it's an older man with an eye glass (monocle). Within the Scooby Doo lore, known villains with monocles are Brunch, Penguin, Professor Zongo, Scotty O'Rourke, Uncle Shagworthy.

His face looks much like The Penguin's out of all of them.

UPDATE: As I mentioned before all the major villains that appear in the Lego line are found at http://www.scoobydoo.com/ which also gives their real names. Based on this information they are suggesting the Swamp Creature to be a Sea Demon played by Gilly Stern. This would not make sense since Gilly has no monocle (aside from the fact it's the wrong episode). Why on earth this is so confusing is beyond me - the official site is a really good cheat list and like I said the BestBuy links confirmed all but the swamp creature to be right.

It is neat to know the Benevolent Lodge of Mystery are a lot like what that guy who made the sketch above invisioned in his gang with a monkey and it's right out of Scooby lore.

Edited by kelceycoe

Creepy Keeper / Verona Dempsey - What's New, Scooby Doo? 301. Fright House of a Lighthouse

Mummy of Ankha / Dr.Najib - SDWAY: 112. Scooby Doo and a Mummy, Too

That's who I expected them to be, but I still want pictures for confirmation.

UPDATE: As I mentioned before all the major villains that appear in the Lego line are found at http://www.scoobydoo.com/ which also gives their real names. Based on this information they are suggesting the Swamp Creature to be a Sea Demon played by Gilly Stern. This would not make sense since Gilly has no monocle (aside from the fact it's the wrong episode). Why on earth this is so confusing is beyond me - the official site is a really good cheat list and like I said the BestBuy links confirmed all but the swamp creature to be right.

Yeah, that's definitely not the Sea Demon. But then again that website was also wrong about the Zombie, that particular Zombie is not Zeke (Which I'm betting the Lego designer who designed the minifigure probably did not realize the difference either as most people confuse that Zombie for the "Which Witch is Which" one when really the color palette matches the "Night of the Living Doo" one). I'm thinking the people at that website also didn't know who the Swamp Creature was supposed to be and just created a bio for the most similar looking monster they could find.

I'm guessing the Swamp Creature is from some upcoming episode or movie that just hasn't seen the light of day yet.

According to a dutch retailer website the Scooby Doo line has ben pushed back to January 2016. I would assume this is why it wasnt showing in the German and Polish catalog cause I would assume this date would apply to most of Europe.

Source (dutch): http://www.brickshop...ry-machine.html

Edited by Juun

so this theme comes out in USA in August 2015, does this mean that they hit Toys R Us in July 2015?

They are due in the US August 1. It is very possible with Toys R Us' reputation that they will appear early at their stores nationwide.

I can't find any information about this, but this seems like the proper place to ask. Does anyone know if Scooby's head is able to move? Also, is he two pieces? I'd also like to be able to swap the heads around at my own leisure.

Yes, his head is on a pin or a stud. You can tell since it's seen at different angles in different pictures.

I was referring to the exclusive sets and even a display does count when more models will be there.

With almost all the sets being Superheros and Star Wars LEGO looks to please Disney the most.

Just a reminder...as I am posting this in EVERY rumor thread here in Licensed...

ru·mor

ˈro͞omər/

noun

noun: rumour; plural noun: rumours; noun: rumor; plural noun: rumors

1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

"they were discussing the rumors of a new sets"

This is a thread for rumors.

Not wishlists...Not for shooting down information that has yet to be confirmed...Not arguments; who here again actually works for LEGO?

So, if anyone would like to add news, or rumors that they can confirm with a source, by all means, feel free to post them. However, if this thread continues on it's current path...Eurobricks might be short a few members real quick.

Cool?

Super!

I've only recently gotten back into the Lego game, and boy do I have a lot of items to be spending money on this year! My wife is going to murder me!

I've only recently gotten back into the Lego game, and boy do I have a lot of items to be spending money on this year! My wife is going to murder me!

Seeing murder written from a guy with a Joker icon really made me laugh. I don't know exactly know why, but it was great. :grin:

But yeah, its going to be an expensive year. This theme looks great, I honestly can't pick a favorite set. The figures have so many uses... and the builds…. my God the builds… they are phenomenal both as standalone structures, scenes, and even parts packs.

Best theme in a while, and I can honestly say, you picked a great time to get back into Lego.

While it doesn't appear LEGO Scooby Doo will be making much of an impact at SDCC2015 (will there be polybags galore like there were with MF, or books by DK, or keychains, or more sets beyond the five, and why were there no SDCC SD exclusives, what about a Club t-shirt???) beyond a Mystery Machine and Gang brick exhibit, it does appear there is a cross-over movie with its own panel: Scooby Doo will join KISS. Could this lead to some kind of second wave for Scooby Doo? I'm doubting it but it's interesting to know.

More details here: http://sdccblog.com/2015/06/warner-bros-home-entertainment-set-to-rock-and-roll-at-sdcc-2015/

Sets are out on Ebay. Images of the back of the box are in the listings. Indeed it is the Mummy of Ankha and the Creepy Keeper, glad to see they kept true to the show. Too bad this doesn't shed any light on the Swamp Creature.

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG$_57.JPG$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

Apparently the interior of the Lighthouse features a kitchen. Tree monster is a robot too. All in all I'm really liking the end result here. I'm hoping these start showing up in stores soon (Which being that this person has them in hand to ship same day I'm guessing some stores must be leaking already).

I think I'm not alone here when I say the best thing about these sets so far is the hamburger bun. Am I right?

No... still probably just going to get the Mystery Machine.

I think I'm not alone here when I say the best thing about these sets so far is the hamburger bun. Am I right?

No... still probably just going to get the Mystery Machine.

No, you're not alone.

When the first pictures came out, I was totally excited about this theme.

But now... I'm not that impressed.

The Mystery Mansion is a winner for sure, but that's it. The rest is meh.

Since I own almost all the Monster Fighters sets, getting these would be kinda excessive and redundat

Those look nice! Too bad Zeke can't be unmasked, though...

That's not Zeke anyways. It's the Zombie from Night of the Living Doo. Zeke's version of the Zombie is colored differently. Most people can't tell the difference, which I can understand considering Hannah Barbara just took the same design and recolored it multiple times (There's at least three color palettes for this Zombie).

Sets are out on Ebay. Images of the back of the box are in the listings. Indeed it is the Mummy of Ankha and the Creepy Keeper, glad to see they kept true to the show. Too bad this doesn't shed any light on the Swamp Creature.

Apparently the interior of the Lighthouse features a kitchen. Tree monster is a robot too. All in all I'm really liking the end result here. I'm hoping these start showing up in stores soon (Which being that this person has them in hand to ship same day I'm guessing some stores must be leaking already).

Great find! It's a shame we're no closer to finding out who the Swamp Creature is. It's also a shame none of us pointed out that the tree monster was a robot when this months-old article had done so: http://comicbook.com/2015/02/14/lego-scooby-doo-set-images-revealed/

Makes you wonder if the pumpkins in the Mystery Mansion aren't supposed to be Pumpkin Monsters? http://scoobydoo.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkin_monsters_%28Scooby-Doo_and_the_Witch%27s_Ghost%29

That's not Zeke anyways. It's the Zombie from Night of the Living Doo. Zeke's version of the Zombie is colored differently. Most people can't tell the difference, which I can understand considering Hannah Barbara just took the same design and recolored it multiple times (There's at least three color palettes for this Zombie).

Im pretty sure it's supposed to be Zeke as he's the most iconic zombie and he was beside the mystery machine at night in a forest.

I love Najeeb he looks fantastic!

I'm surprised the top of the lighthouse opens up! The interior is lackluster though. Where did that rope come from?

It's a shame they didn't give Zeke an alternative head, the rest of that set looks fantastic!

The plane set is okay.

I'm surprised Lily didn't get her own photo in the Mystery Mansion. I do love that set though.

Great find! It's a shame we're no closer to finding out who the Swamp Creature is. It's also a shame none of us pointed out that the tree monster was a robot when this months-old article had done so: http://comicbook.com/2015/02/14/lego-scooby-doo-set-images-revealed/

Makes you wonder if the pumpkins in the Mystery Mansion aren't supposed to be Pumpkin Monsters? http://scoobydoo.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkin_monsters_%28Scooby-Doo_and_the_Witch%27s_Ghost%29

There's stickers on the side of the greenhouse that look exactly like them! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Those pictures of the back of the boxes just makes every set so much more exciting. I am a bit surprised that the alternate personas of the monsters are show at all though, instead of being a surprise. Still, this wave cannot come sooner!

Im pretty sure it's supposed to be Zeke as he's the most iconic zombie and he was beside the mystery machine at night in a forest.

That might be the Lego designers intention, but there's a difference between the characters.

615ee784434570e8ba2714f29411f8c8.jpgscoobv404.jpg

On the left we have the Zombie from Night of the Living Doo, whose real identity is either Mr. Shifty or Jabberjaw. On the right we have Zeke's Zombie. As you can see the difference is that the colors of the coat and shirt are swapped (Also some minor skin coloring difference). The Zombie in the set doesn't match the coloring of Zeke's Zombie costume, nor does the Zombie appear with it's counterpart the Witch. Whether they were intending to make Zeke's version of the Zombie or not they clearly based the design on this Zombie from the TV special.

Edited by strangely