Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

Well I have 85 goblins, I will have at least 50 phantoms from series 14 because I just bought 50 heads of HP's dementor to change it.

But my close friend has more than 100 goblins too.

This is my phantom, will use the heads in some other way

I'm gonna end with 50 of these.

:oh: Dude...

If they release a Castle themed CMF series, you will go bankrupt, Itaria No Shintaku!

I asked about the series today (in Outland, Norway) and I was told that Lego are not taking anymore orders from them until after Christmas due to supply issues and they don't know if the will get the stuff they have already ordered... What was once a plump till display of CMFs across the series has now been reduced to a couple of Simpsons 2 racks and one of 13 with a lot of sad empty space :-( (luckily the other half appears to have caught the big and is buying then for me). He's rubbish at feeling packets though, so I got another cheerleader today instead of the banshee... (He did get me another gargoyle though so 1 out of 2 isn't bad!)

and I was told that Lego are not taking anymore orders from them until after Christmas due to supply issues

What? That's crazy :wacko:

This series has been on production since January

Edited by Robert8

I know and this chain has to be a good customer, they got exclusive Simpsons rights on Norway... However they may turn up but they said they were worried :-(

I just noticed this too. Is it also true they can't do political figures? If that is also the case, then why did they do Abranham Lincoln in the LEGO movie minisifure series?

I reckon because the grave markers are part of Halloween iconography. Sure, there are crosses, but people can recognise it easily as part of a graveyard before they think 'oh, there's a crucifix'.

With the Lincoln minifig, he's a safe bet for TLG to make because he's not current. He's a historical figure who is widely celebrated, his face is on the side of a mountain. With this in mind, it's probably why we won't see George W. Bush or Hitler as minifigures lol. Though I do wish that TLG would devote a CMF series to named historical characters, I love that we have Lincoln and Shakespeare, as well as figures that can be used as Marilyn Monroe and Julius Caesar.

CMF 14 is the first CMF series that I have a complete set of - I love every figure. I can't understand why anyone would dislike this series at all. You still get a mix of unique and diverse figures with new moulds that you won't see anywhere else.

Interesting day today. I went to the biggest mall in Illinois, and its LEGO store and TRU outlet both sold out of S14. The nearby TRU proper had less than 20, but I was able to find a Tiger Woman, Fly Monster, and Specter.

* Fly Monster- I must be losing it, because I think he's adorable. He's such a cool design, and his claw hand is just great.

* Specter- He's a good figure. His chain was nearly impossible to fit on his hands (for some reason, the stud connection on a fresh CMF hand has to be broken in), but I was surprised to see it's gunmetal, not dark grey. It's great to see that hood in grey again, and his robe is nice.

* Tiger Woman- She's okay. Not really my thing, and she's a bit too awkward to an adult mind, but her printing is really nice.

I reckon because the grave markers are part of Halloween iconography. Sure, there are crosses, but people can recognise it easily as part of a graveyard before they think 'oh, there's a crucifix'.

With the Lincoln minifig, he's a safe bet for TLG to make because he's not current. He's a historical figure who is widely celebrated, his face is on the side of a mountain. With this in mind, it's probably why we won't see George W. Bush or Hitler as minifigures lol. Though I do wish that TLG would devote a CMF series to named historical characters, I love that we have Lincoln and Shakespeare, as well as figures that can be used as Marilyn Monroe and Julius Caesar.

CMF 14 is the first CMF series that I have a complete set of - I love every figure. I can't understand why anyone would dislike this series at all. You still get a mix of unique and diverse figures with new moulds that you won't see anywhere else.

Abe Lincoln was also a vampire slayer in that movie. He would fit right in with the series or Halloween. :laugh:

You can no longer call me the Minifigure-less Minnesotan ;)

Did you move?

Where do you live now? :classic:

Did you move?

Where do you live now? :classic:

About to slap you over the internet :tongue:

Picked up 11/16 in a TRU. Must've felt at least 20 Rockers, Scientists, and Pirates. Missing a Tiger Lady, Plant, Witch, Cheerleader, and Gargoyle.

Edited by CM4Sci

I wish they would put mini figs in a box like the minecraft ones that sit in the minifig section of my walmart.

That way you wont end up with the ones nobody wants because they have been picked to death.

I would hate that. While it's a bit of a race this way, it's so much more convenient to feel the bags. Boxed figures would lead me to spend much more than I wanted to.

You're right. And it would be cool to see a series devoted to historical minifigures. I really like this series.

Thanks! It's a shame not all 16 were there, that would have been the best deal. Now just need to get the remaining 9.

Indeed. If all 16 were there it would have been a great deal. I hope I get luck like that one day too.

They can do pretty much what they like, they just choose not to do modern politics, since they don't want to be seen as supporting one regime or another. Lincoln in that sense is a historical rather than political figure.

I see, I only ask because there was an article about a lego project that didn't get accepted into LEGO Ideas because of its political content. And, I just remembered what that project was. It was the supreme court justices, 9 minifigures representing each justice and it came with a large bench for all of them to sit around. But lego denied it, I think the article ran in the NY times.

I grew up on Scooby Doo and all things Halloween so I love this fall's lineup. I've never bought any of the CMFs before because I don't like the Chinese ABS, but I wanted this series too much to pass on it.

I live in the Bay Area where in-demand geek merchandise gets snatched up quickly, so I didn't find any Series 14 packs when I did a quick circuit of the nearby Targets, TRUs, and Walmarts. I finally read that Walgreens carries them, so I went a bad part of a not-so-great town figuring that would be my best bet. That worked.

But then I felt like a complete idiot standing there feeling the packs. I'd never done it before. After ten minutes I overhear two employees say, "The security cameras are watching." Lovely. Then a manager comes over and says, "Can I help you?" So I tell him my kids want specific figures, and explain what I'm doing. He then gave me one of those "Oh okay that makes sense" responses and walked away.

I ended up getting everything I wanted (banshee, specter, witch, fly, Audrey, scientist, cheerleader, and businessman). I was going to get the tiger lady for a friend, but someone had grabbed them all at both locations. I assume it was a scalper who knows the furries will jack the price of them way up in a year or two.

It seems like the quality of the CMF figures has gone up from what I remember. The Chinese ABS still isn't as good, but the molds and the printing are quite good. I like the dual-molding a lot too. Really cool figures. Very happy overall.

After ten minutes I overhear two employees say, "The security cameras are watching." Lovely. Then a manager comes over and says, "Can I help you?" So I tell him my kids want specific figures, and explain what I'm doing. He then gave me one of those "Oh okay that makes sense" responses and walked away.

Really?? That sux

I really don't care about looking dumb while feeling bags. Actually, I sometimes help kids to find the ones they are looking for.

Except one time there was this little brat asking for the S12 Fairytale Princess. She was so annoying I deliberately gave her the Prospector :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Edited by Robert8

There are definitely other figures that are historical despite not being called that by TLG. The revolutionary soldier is George Washington, you have Cleopatra who, with the "asp," is quite obviously supposed to be Cleopatra. There are ones that are likely "real" people, or easily could be - Attila the Hun, for example.

I would definitely like to see a history series. If they wanted to be non-political, just make them at least 100 years ago.

I live in the Bay Area where in-demand geek merchandise gets snatched up quickly, so I didn't find any Series 14 packs when I did a quick circuit of the nearby Targets, TRUs, and Walmarts. I finally read that Walgreens carries them, so I went a bad part of a not-so-great town figuring that would be my best bet. That worked..

Thanks for the tip about Walgreens, I will try them tommorow.

I have been looking for a few to complete the series.

I've never gotten any bad reception for feeling the bags. It's perfectly acceptable at LEGO stores, of course (I remember a huge communal S10 feeling party, where everyone found what the other was looking for), but even at other stores, I've never been harassed about it. The only encounter I had was when another man and I were both feeling S12 packs, and he was looking for the Spooky Girl. I immediately started looking even faster so I could find her, but I found her after he left...in the pile of bags he had already checked.

I think the plastic does have some issues. The legs and arms are still loose on some of them, and the head/headgear clutch on some of them still has problems. But they are definitely improving their molding, with almost every figure getting at least one part made of two plastics, and the printing is quite extravagant for this theme.

I just realized how disappointed I am in LEGO for not making a joke in the bios involving the Plant Monster and Fly Monster...

Edited by 8BrickMario

Went to 7 Walgreens in the Springfield, MA area today. Only 2 had S14 figures, but there was only a couple at each one. I grabbed the only two from them that weren't Monster Rockers, and they turned out to be Wolf Guy and Spider Lady.

Another Walgreens has S13, which got me very excited since I have been wanting more of them. However, the display they were hanging off of had a lock on it. Neither the first attendant I asked or the manager could unlock it, so I ended up taking off the whole metal rod and feeling the ones I wanted, and breaking the bags at the hole at the top. Kinda weird, but I got 2 Galaxy Troopers, 2 Goblins, and 2 Egyptian Warriors out of it. An army builder's dream :)

The rest were empty, but some shelves still had the S13 tag, so they may not have put out S14 yet.

Only downside - all the figures were $4.59 each. But, having had no luck at 2 Walmarts, a Target and a TRU, I figured this was better than nothing.

Felt my way through several boxes at the store and came away with what I thought was 2 Gargoyles, 2 Spectres, 1 Banshee, 1 Tiger Girl, and 1 Plant Guy.

Turns out I got 3 Spectres, 1 Banshee, 1 Tiger Girl, 1 Witch, and 1 Fly.

I have now lost all faith in my feeling skills. T.T

Felt my way through several boxes at the store and came away with what I thought was 2 Gargoyles, 2 Spectres, 1 Banshee, 1 Tiger Girl, and 1 Plant Guy.

Turns out I got 3 Spectres, 1 Banshee, 1 Tiger Girl, 1 Witch, and 1 Fly.

I have now lost all faith in my feeling skills. T.T

I feel for your feels. It feels like this is a much harder series to feel out than others, especially with all the bulky pieces. What I thought was a zombie pirate, spectre, and spider lady was really a witch, spectre, and banshee.

Really? I've found this to be a very easy series. Here are some tips for those who are having trouble.

Banshee: Large irregular leg piece with the unique footprint, confirm with the textured hair.

Wacky Witch: Feel for the brim of her hat and the jagged hair underneath, or the broomstick.

Gargoyle: The short legs and the wings are very distinctive, but the cranium is also fairly easy to identify

Monster Scientist: Either the cylindrical head part with the textured hair or the flask are good identifiers.

Spider Lady: The big dress brick is an instant giveaway.

Fly Monster: This one's sort of tricky, but if you feel a large round piece with two thinner projections, that's his head. I didn't feel the wings, but those might be helpful.

Tiger Woman: The whip is easy to find, and the flip of her hairstyle is very easy to feel.

Specter: Same as the Banshee, just confirm with the hood instead.

Zombie Pirate: The ring of his beard is very easy to feel, as is his sword.

Zombie Businessman: The briefcase seems to be folded in packs now, so look for that. The tile might also help.

Plant Monster: Hands-down, the easiest one to find. Guess why.

Wolf Guy: Feel for the gap where the torso goes, and the flatter, more curved head shape.

Square Foot: Feel for the gap, but make sure it's a very round piece. For him and the Wolf Guy, the lack of a normal minifig head is also a clue.

Zombie Cheerleader: Her hair is pretty easy to feel, and her fuzzy pom-poms would definitely help.

Skeleton Guy: The pumpkin bucket and the handle are what you need to look for.

Monster Rocker: The guitar with its peg on the back is the best way to find him.