Robert8

Seasonal 2015

That Halloween set is really cute. I'll definitely have to get it. As usual, no new prints, which leads to really weak minifigures.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Sweet, good to see some more pics. Thanks for bringing it up to our attention.

One minor gripe, that torso, like someone down in Brickfan's comments said, is not really fitting for a witch. :sceptic::thumbdown: :thumbdown:

It's not a witch! It's a child in a witch costume trick or treating!

YEAH, first photo is online, and i love these seasonal vignettes this year.

Wil definitely get this as soon as possible, and will be waiting for the next ones.

Maybe she couldn't afford the whole costume :laugh:

YEAH, first photo is online, and i love these seasonal vignettes this year.

Wil definitely get this as soon as possible, and will be waiting for the next ones.

The back off the instructions will show the thanksgiving day set!

Ya don't say? :laugh:

I know, its just that a full costume would've been nice. :grin:

Maybe she couldn't afford the whole costume :laugh:

Maybe. In that case, this set is a steal since we're paying for realism and its not even a licensed theme. :laugh:

Edited by Legocity2713

I would've liked the Scooby Doo pumpkin head to have made an appearance in this set.

Still neat little set, though. :thumbup:

The back off the instructions will show the thanksgiving day set!

That means we'll get pics very soon. Great!

Hope that set will be more like the Easter/Valentine one

Edited by Robert8

I like it to be honest. No special parts and the minifig could be cooler but the set still looks cute.

I think the other seasonal sets will be even better though.

I actually like this set. It's kind of cool is it's own way. I do hope that the winter ones are better, though.

I like it too; I think the most disappointing thing is they should have used the pumpkin head trick-or--treat pail that is appearing in S14, but it's a nice little vignette.

I think it's cute! I just bought the valentines set on Amazon for like 14$. Will deff get this, and can't wait to see the thanksgiving and christmas sets!

I gave that Valentines Day set to my wife for Valentines Day. Didn't help. :sceptic:

I gave that Valentines Day set to my wife for Valentines Day. Didn't help. :sceptic:

I'm sorry, but your comment plus the emoji just made my night. :roflmao::grin:

I will probably get one for the black door and plain orange heads. New prints would be nice but none of these seasonal sets had new printing. Also LEGO would not want to hurt the sells of the Scooby Doo sets or CMF mini figs by including their new parts this year.

I think it's more that these are supposed to be "Creator" style sets, so they're less likely to use highly specialized parts and more likely to use "traditional" Lego parts, if that makes sense.

A few things are throwing me with this one (which, who am I kidding, I'm getting it). One: the vignette looks too much like a tiny house rather than a front porch. I think it's supposed to be a front porch, but whereas the last two scenes were a clear "slice" of a house, this one is less box-shaped than the previous ones have been. Two, the skeleton doesn't really feel appropriate, since it seems like there's an actual, moving skeleton at the door. (And maybe there is?) If they'd used the Skeleton as a decoration, it'd be different. I'd prefer if there had been a person at the door giving candy rather than this. Lastly, I agree with everyone on the corny torso. The second minifigure needs to be a kid, but this could have worked well if they'd give us maybe a vampire torso and hair, along with a short cape, vampire hair, and a kid head. Something like that.

Notice the gravestone? I wonder if this isn't some kind of odd trick or treating at a haunted house with family plot in the front yard. The MF graphics had a cemetary quite a distance in front of the castle and a clone called Zombie Manor put tombstones right infront of the zombie house.

THANKSGIVING SET IMAGE - Someone bought the Trick or Treat set early from a Dallas Lego Store on reddit...

http://i.imgur.com/hiuDX44.jpg

It is soooo much better than Trick or Treat. It's make a great edition for the Haunted House, Mystery Mansion or even the Vampyre Castle.

As for "no printed pieces", that's not a printed piece. And that's also a line of BS because I remember specifically the paintbrush from the Easter set being printed with paint. I understand it's supposed to be a kid in a witch or some obscure costume, in that case the skeleton costume from S14 would have sufficed and they could have made another fig for that series and made this set a seasonal and Minifig set. I don't get TLC's company with seasonal sets in the last years, they've all been pretty lame. Last year's was deplorable, especially not using the right coffin bottom. And the stupid cardboard displays and animal sets were just a big load of crap

Just wanna say I'm glad I guessed a trick or treat set, I mean it's not that hard. They could have also done pumpkin carving (Easter could have done egg hunting) and added the new headpiece then used orange round single studs and stacked them up a few pieces for the insides of the pumpkin. But that would pretty much just be a rehash of painting Easter Eggs. This is a rehash of the first Thanksgiving dinner set and a slight take on the Valentine's Day set.

Keep in mind that historically TLC has never really liked Halloween. I base this on the lack of sets and the lack of coverage in club magazines, you can find more about that at my site below. Christmas this year and every year pretty much gets at least TWO of these sets. They always promoted Christmas which leads me to wonder if Denmark just isn't a huge Halloween country, kind of what a lot of places here in the USA are becoming. Dollar General in my area is already putting out Halloween and they said they also have Christmas stuff already. It's not even September yet.

Edited by kelceycoe

I think its neat. I would switch the skeleton for the new CMF, but I am happy with that, I can never have enough skeletons lying around the place, so all good.

Thanksgiving Day set does look amazing! Is the woman's face new?

She looks old to me with grey hair and glasses! :tongue:

The halloween set is a huge letdown for me, I was expecting at least a pumpkin head like the one from Scooby Doo sets and some nice rare parts packs like the first 2 seasonal sets had. However, the Thanksgiving set is just amazing(good parts, nice minifigs), right there with the first 2 vignettes, I will surely get multiples of this one for parts while I will entirely skin the halloween one...

Thanksgiving Day set does look amazing! Is the woman's face new?

I think she has this face:

17761450046_819f127295.jpgTlCkKSz.jpg

Edited by Robert8