Cy_Bored1337

Predictions for Collectable Minifigures Series 14

While I don't mind the Monsters series, it seems like an odd choice. With WhiteFang's Series 13 review, the designers talked about having a wide variety in each series to appeal to a lot of different fans. I only bought two Simpson's minifigs. Both were Maggie for the new torso mold and teddy bear.

Monsters might be fun but there is a good chance there will be nothing in the series to appeal to me. It always depends on the prints and molds.

Given the recent news, I'm changing my prediction list

1. Lady Vampire

2. Rocker Monster of Frankenstein

3. Mutant

4. Phantom of the Opera

5. Monster Bride

6. Headless Horseman

7. Zombie Woman

8. Classic Ghost

9. Creepy Doll

10. Swamp Creature

11. Igor

12. Skeleton

13. Banshee

14. Mothman

15. Ghost Pirate

16. Grim Reaper

Edited by Robert8

Maybe i'm the odd one out but shouldn't ya'll be enjoying the figures that are currently have out especially since there's no guarantee how much longer this series might go on? If wiki is right, this march will mark 5 years this theme has existed and that's a pretty long time given the life span of a lot of themes out there. We are up to 13 numbered waves, Team GB, TLM, Simpsons wave one, a confirmed simpsons wave 2, plus the toy soldier in CMF guide book.

IF rumours for series 14 are true, I change my list into this one:

1 - Pumpkin monster

2 - Headless Horsema

3 - Werewolf

4 - Vampire

5 - Skeleton with wig

6 - Ghost

7 - Succubus

8 - Bride of Frankenstein

9 - Frankenstein

10 - Female Swamp Creature

11 - Female Bigfoot using the Yeti headgear

12 - Hunchback/Quasimodo

13 - Witch

14 - Zombie Policeman

15 - Oni or any Japanese Monster

16 - Mummy

1 - Pumpkin monster

2 - Headless Horsema

3 - Werewolf

4 - Vampire

5 - Skeleton with wig

6 - Ghost

7 - Succubus

9 - Frankenstein

12 - Hunchback/Quasimodo

13 - Witch

14 - Zombie Policeman

16 - Mummy

Vampire and Witch = S2

Mummy = S3

Werewolf = S4

Invisible man (either wrapped head/black glasses with bathrobe, or an actual transparent minifigure) have been long over due.

Invizable is coming in the Agents sets ...

16030124678_aebb9b03d1.jpg

The glasses aren't quite the right colour, but combine that with a black suit and hat and you have him.

Edited by MAB

It would be hard to come up with 16 monsters that never happened in previous series and/or Monster Fighters, so some repeats are unavoidable.

But some variations (Nosferatu vampire, zombie wearing some kind of uniform, sexy witch :tongue: ) can still make it a great wave.

It would be hard to come up with 16 monsters that never happened in previous series and/or Monster Fighters, so some repeats are unavoidable.

But some variations (Nosferatu vampire, zombie wearing some kind of uniform, sexy witch :tongue: ) can still make it a great wave.

I kind of agree with this, though I think I could pretty easily come up with 16 figures. I know (or hope) the sexy witch was a joke, but I could use an older style witch. (in fact don't a lot of stories have witches that travel in threes?)

And thanks to the guy who posted the ultra agents invisible man figure, I hadn't seen that. of course I'd much rather have that figure for the $4 CMF price than the $8 or whatever it will cost me on Bricklink, but that's the way it goes. i'll just cross my fingers in the meantime it's in a $12 set I can justify for just the figure.

Also to those who keep predicting the end of the CMF lines.. I really don't think it will end anytime soon. They are far too popular and also serve many strategic purposes for Lego. Honestly, I really hope they keep the 3 times a year releases going forever.

Edited by Gomek

Agree with Yooha, but as for "sexy witch," leave my wife out of this.

1 - Pumpkin monster

2 - Headless Horsema

3 - Werewolf

4 - Vampire

5 - Skeleton with wig

6 - Ghost

7 - Succubus

9 - Frankenstein

12 - Hunchback/Quasimodo

13 - Witch

14 - Zombie Policeman

16 - Mummy

You'll have to change #2 to the headless horseless man since it seems unlikely a horse will appear in a cmf bag. The pumpkin mask will most likely appear in the scooby doo theme since there are never real monsters, just people in costume.

The rest seem to hold some good possibilities.

So what?

They made 2 skaters, 2 cheerleaders, 3 aliens...

Well, IMO all depends on how the idea works. If the idea is right, even a slight change of print arts would make difference. Athletes with school variations work to a degree.

Speaking of Monster Fighters, I'm kinda a theorist for hoping to see CMFs different from regular figures as far as possible. Obviously some MF monsters were redesigns from their CMF predecessors. Vampire Bat's bio intended to distinguish the two lines so two vampire lords could coexist. As for the female monsters (female zombie and female vampire) they were exclusive to MF line, but we're not sure if LEGO is able to push they further to the "CMF level". I posted my version of female ghost, and toth's design also put a vampire lady (whose hairpiece might be replaced by Trendsetter's now).

Team GB, TLM, Simpsons wave one, a confirmed simpsons wave 2, plus the toy soldier in CMF guide book.

The main issue of counting special/licensed theme is that the specific characters would not care about whether certain careers/titles have been used in other series of themes. For example, Chief Wiggum's career is something we never ever lack in LEGO City, but that wouldn't make him worthless. Contrarily he is a great addition to the police staff. Edited by Dorayaki

1 - Pumpkin monster

2 - Headless Horsema

3 - Werewolf

4 - Vampire

5 - Skeleton with wig

6 - Ghost

7 - Succubus

9 - Frankenstein

12 - Hunchback/Quasimodo

13 - Witch

14 - Zombie Policeman

16 - Mummy

Succubus? As a LEGO figure? Really? :laugh:

The rest sound about right.

So what?

They made 2 skaters, 2 cheerleaders, 3 aliens...

I see at least 5 aliens! Series 3, 6, 8, 9, 13, and I didn't even think about it too much.

Yes but the aliens, skaters, cheerleaders... are not based on specific characters, those are LEGO creations, especially the aliens (with the exception of the S6 Classic Alien). On the other hand, the Monsters.......

S2 Vampire -> Count Dracula -> Dracula (1897), Bram Stoker

S2 Witch -> Wicked Witch of the West -> The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900), L. Frank Baum

S9 Mr. Good and Evil -> Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde -> Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1886), Robert Louis Stevenson

S4 Monster -> The Monster -> Frankenstein (1818), Mary Shelley

S4 Crazy Scientist -> Victor Frankenstein -> Frankenstein (1818), Mary Shelley

S3 Mummy -> The Mummy -> The Mummy! (1827), Jane C. Loudon

So, how can they change those?

Edited by Robert8

Yes but the aliens, skaters, cheerleaders... are not based on specific characters, those are LEGO creations, especially the aliens (with the exception of the S6 Classic Alien). On the other hand, the Monsters.......

S2 Witch -> Wicked Witch of the West -> The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900), L. Frank Baum

S9 Mr. Good and Evil -> Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde -> Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1886), Robert Louis Stevenson

Good point.

On the other hand: they just change them. We've seen a lot of witches (in and outside of the CMF), haven't we?

We've seen different mummy versions.

1. Lady Vampire

2. Swamp Creature

3. Invisible Man

4. Opera Phantom

5. Grim Reaper

6. Skeleton Suit Guy

7. Kandy Corn Witch

8. Monster Bride

9. Mystery Boy (Male counterpart of Series 12 Spooky Girl)

10. Ghoul

11. Warlock

12. Big Foot

13. Day of the Dead Woman

14. Ghost Hunter

15. Relic Retriever

16. Evil Baron

How about Tengu or Kappa?

Edited by legofanatic12

I wonder whether they will be real monsters or regular people dressed up as monsters, like trick-or-treaters?

EDIT: wróng thread, but I decided to make the most of it and post some suggestions on the 2nd alternative.

The possibilities are endless, but I tried to stick with stereotypical ideas:

minifig dressed as a...

1) sheet ghost, complete with patch print on the sheet

2) skeleton

3) vampire, basically a yellow-faced vampire (or obvious white makeup like the Ninjago snake cultists), with a way to show the fangs are fake dentures

4) Frankenstein monster

5) werewolf, using a chima Wolf/sabertooth headpiece as a mask

6) robot, maybe with a cardboard box as a helmet

7) (poorly wrapped) mummy - a toilet paper roll would be funny, either printed on the torso or on a 1x1 cylinder

8) pirate, maybe with a wooden sword

9) spaceman, complete with classic logo somewhere, again, maybe a cardboard box as a helmet

10) dinosaur, possible reuse of the helmet and tail mold from the 1st CMF dino suit guy

11) superhero, but would probably have to be unlicensed - maybe as a Ninjago ninja (or a Chima character, or Galaxy Squadman)?

12) superheroine (see above) (girl fig)

13) princess (repeat of the hennin, or mabybe a tiara) (girl fig)

14) witch (girl fig)

15) cat (not so much a cat mask as whiskers drawn on the face and a hair with cat ears mold) (girl fig)

16) doll (girl fig)

The pumpkin head mask could also be used in this scenario.

Coming up with accessories would be a bit harder, apart from giving everyone a basket...

Edited by Ardelon

I wonder whether they will be real monsters or regular people dressed up as monsters, like trick-or-treaters?

Or a Emmet Suit Boy / Wyldstyle Suit Girl :laugh:

Well, with the exception of Frankenstein's Monster and Dr. Jekyll, most of those were not created by those authors for those books. Vampires are ancient superstitions, and so are witches. (although to be fair, Stoker's Dracula is the foundation for the modern vampire, his is not the only interpretation). There are numerous other ways to interpret them, and I'm sure that LEGO can figure something out to make them distinct.

Frankly, as long as we don't end up with an Edward Cullen figure, I'm down with it.

EDIT: I'm not even going to bother guessing, since anything I could come up with has already been said.

Edited by Borador

I'd like to see a few female versions of monsters we've already had: werewolf, mummy, franklin's monster (a bride fig!), and a lady dr. jekyll and ms hyde.

I'm thrilled that we're getting more monsters. I was a huge fan of Monster Fighters and I still have all of the sets from that theme on display supplemented with appropriate figures that have been released in the CM line, so any more monsters that I can add to that layout are very welcome to me. I can't wait to see what we get! The only unfortunate thing is that the Monster Fighters themselves will be even more horribly outnumbered in my display than they already are.

How come no one mentioned the Rocker Monster in the prediction list??

That one was so obvious. Shame on you!

Of course, I did put him on my list :laugh: :laugh:

Here is the proof:

Given the recent news, I'm changing my prediction list

1. Lady Vampire

2. Rocker Monster of Frankenstein

3. Mutant

4. Phantom of the Opera

5. Monster Bride

6. Headless Horseman

7. Zombie Woman

8. Classic Ghost