It all depends on how well BIONICLE fares in the future.

Edited by TwistLaw

Well, I'd just purchased the SDCC mask from ebay for $45! A good deal for such a mask I'd say. Also it's for my second favorite set of this wave too! :laugh:

Just nabbed one for 30! At least I think I did. eBay mobile is finicky. But looking forward to it regardless. I quite liked the render we got, and the finished version looks like it will complement the set nicely.

I saw one of the Gali masks go for sale on eBay, ended up being about 100 bucks plus exorbitant shipping from Australia or something. So not actually too terrible, considering the general rarity, but slightly outside of my comfort zone for Bionicle purchases.

As for the SDCC masks, I dunno the quantity, but people had multiples, so it looks like a similar stock to the NYCC one. So the prices will be similar, I think.

There are officially 1500 of the NYCC masks, but only 800 of them were given out at the convention. The NDA group of BZPers was given a few hundred, and I'm not sure if the 100 from the VIP event were part of the 1500. But regardless, only 800 carded masks were given out, over a four day span, at NYCC.

The SDCC mask is mentioned at nearly 1800 according to the SDCC pages, so it should end up cheaper in the long run. I still bought one for 35 on ebay when it popped up. That's cheaper than the con itself was for just Saturday (and I was going to pay that, since I currently live in SD, but missed the single-hour tickets were on sale for.) So it feels like a victory anyway.

Kinda tired of these masks that can't be obtained so easily.

I really want the Gali and Skull Scorpio masks.

To be fair the Transparent Hau, Trans-orange Hau and the recent Skull Scorpio Mask can all be gotten fairly easily in the second-hand market on sites like Ebay or Bricklink.

Though i agree immensely about the Gali mask being too exclusive, missed my opportunity to get it earlier and hoping for it to appear online again

I saw one of the Gali masks go for sale on eBay, ended up being about 100 bucks plus exorbitant shipping from Australia or something. So not actually too terrible, considering the general rarity, but slightly outside of my comfort zone for Bionicle purchases.

As for the SDCC masks, I dunno the quantity, but people had multiples, so it looks like a similar stock to the NYCC one. So the prices will be similar, I think.

Yeah, saw that auction also, unfortunately was after it had ended otherwise i might have gotten it for collectors sake. Hope it appears online again.

As for the SDCC masks, how do people even get duplicates of exclusive masks like this? There's someone on Ebay selling six of the Skull Scorpio masks... :L

Edited by Scarilian

To be fair the Transparent Hau, Trans-orange Hau and the recent Skull Scorpio Mask can all be gotten fairly easily in the second-hand market on sites like Ebay or Bricklink.

Though i agree immensely about the Gali mask being too exclusive, missed my opportunity to get it earlier and hoping for it to appear online again

Yeah, saw that auction also, unfortunately was after it had ended otherwise i might have gotten it for collectors sake. Hope it appears online again.

As for the SDCC masks, how do people even get duplicates of exclusive masks like this? There's someone on Ebay selling six of the Skull Scorpio masks... :L

because people enter the drawing in groups.

I've entered auctions for two of the Scorpio masks and if I win both I may sell one. Anyone know a good price?

Also, been meaning to ask, is there a full image of that guy at the top of the page? I'm wondering what head piece he uses.

EDIT: One more thing: Do you think the rest of the skullguys are getting trans. masks too? Also, what do you think is the story importance of this trans. mask?

Edited by Toa_Bomb

Really. The HF-models have their back open and you always see the bones.

That is not aesthetic. I do not talk about moc-makers, I talk about sets, so calm down, don't be so angry.

Remember - everyone can say his opinion.

Sure, technic helps CCBS/HF-system, but at least it's able to hold on its own, everything in old system would just fall apart without technic since everything is connected with technic pins and axles.

So yes, CCBS on it's pure form (HF 2.0-3.0) looks bad with their backs and limbs open but old Bionicle system wouldn't work at all.

I personally want technic to be integrated as almost essential for future CCBS.

Also, been meaning to ask, is there a full image of that guy at the top of the page? I'm wondering what head piece he uses.

EDIT: One more thing: Do you think the rest of the skullguys are getting trans. masks too? Also, what do you think is the story importance of this trans. mask?

Von Nebula, he uses an upside down glatorian head.

No, I don't think this trans mask has any impact on story as didn't the clear Tahu mask.

Edited by GK733

Von Nebula, he uses an upside down glatorian head.

No, I don't think this trans mask has any impact on story as didn't the clear Tahu mask.

Thanks. And yeah. People are saying it's just because Scorpio is the worst set of the wave. :hmpf_bad: I don't get it, he's pretty cool. Although I do understand that there's no articulation in his legs

having all of the sets in hand I definitly think Scorpio is the weakest- though his function is cool, his lack of any pose ability in the legs combined with the fact that the tail doesn't look all too great... To be fair I think LoSS is the worst set of the year, I prefer Scorpio over him, but I definitely enjoy all of the other scull villains immensely more.

And for those who follow my Flickr know my reviews are coming in a few hours so I'll leave it at that and share my thoughts then.

having all of the sets in hand I definitly think Scorpio is the weakest- though his function is cool, his lack of any pose ability in the legs combined with the fact that the tail doesn't look all too great... To be fair I think LoSS is the worst set of the year, I prefer Scorpio over him, but I definitely enjoy all of the other scull villains immensely more.

And for those who follow my Flickr know my reviews are coming in a few hours so I'll leave it at that and share my thoughts then.

How did you get them? Did Lego give you review copies?

How did you get them? Did Lego give you review copies?

Most likely, given that VBBN is the moderator on the section dedicated to constraction of a very large forum, and has gotten review copies before.

Most likely, given that VBBN is the moderator on the section dedicated to constraction of a very large forum, and has gotten review copies before.

Oh yeah...

Well I'm stupid.

Anyways, to keep it on topic, I think if the Skull Scorpio mask has any story importance, it's gonna be a "charged" version of his mask full of elemental energy stolen from Pohatu.

EDIT: Just won one, four more days until I get it :grin:

Edited by Toa_Bomb

Link? :3

I think if the Skull Scorpio mask has any story importance, it's gonna be a "charged" version of his mask full of elemental energy stolen from Pohatu.

I think this could get confusing if both powered up and powered down masks have a similar look to them, though could explain why some have a mix between transparent and gold and others are fully transparent.

Oh man I just had a thought. Put Witch Doctors head on a Skull Villain ribcage. You get a Skull Clinger (Like from Aliens)

I'm debating one of these masks myself. *Sips Fine Wine* I'll see come tuesday. If it's at 35 or so I'll probably give in. Now the real question is should you open it or not? ; P

Not going to get too involved here, but I just find this kind of funny.

"Aside from an entire wave that utilized the CCBS to an incredible extent, it's all terrible!"

And I mean, gearboxes exist, too. Anyways, that's all from me. Otherwise, snagged a SDCC Skull Scorpio mask as well. Twas around $23 or so, but shipping shot it to $30. In comparison to some other folks, I don't feel too bad.

... Is that a good price? Did I make the right choice? Do I need help, guys? ;-;

Dang, Eljay! I got mine for 35 :-:

... Is that a good price? Did I make the right choice? Do I need help, guys? ;-;

30 is pretty good, it's what I got mine for! Average price seems closer to 40 on eBay.

just in time for the review sets that came in

30 is pretty good, it's what I got mine for! Average price seems closer to 40 on eBay.

just in time for the review sets that came in

Yep, 40$ is absolutely the highest anyone should pay for the mask., which is what I paid.

Yeah, thanks for responding to the troll.

Thank you VBBN for the reviews! I will have to look at them in the morning, but from what I can tell the photography and writeup is great as always!

I wanted to ask if anyone had an inkling of a theory as to why they chose the Skull Scorpio mask as an exclusive giveaway and not some other mask? I am guessing it is possibly in reference to that Miru and that's the best idea I have.

I don't know if I want a Scorpio mask, let alone a clear MoF. They're very nice, but I don't feel justified in paying ~£30 for one piece I'll likely never use.

I don't know if I want a Scorpio mask, let alone a clear MoF. They're very nice, but I don't feel justified in paying ~£30 for one piece I'll likely never use.

Same. I'm a bit of a completionist when it comes to masks, but with how exclusive the trans kaukau is, it kind of kills that aspect anyway.

I probably will end up paying stupid money for it anyway though.

Oh, great. The CCBS VS G1 system debate. Again. :hmpf:

I wanted to ask if anyone had an inkling of a theory as to why they chose the Skull Scorpio mask as an exclusive giveaway and not some other mask?

Because they needed a way to promote the worst set of the wave (I won't say of the year since LoSS seems to be a serious competitor :tongue: ).

arantheus.gif