Looking forward to seeing them in person. Considering how bright everything has been lately, I'm weirdly excited to get some more menacing villains.

I went to the Legostore today (got Lewa, Gali, Kopaka and PoJ), and the salesman I talked to told me that the sets were selling quite well (at least for an AF theme). Tahu seems to be the most popular, red characters often get more love. So yeah, I think it's gonna be a good year.

I'm very happy to hear from you. I also think Tahu is the most popular character and probably my favorite of this reboot.

Interesting skull grinder vs ekimu is only 25, thought it would be more than that. Not that in complaining, just thought they would make it larger.

As for the rest being smaller, I'm OK with it, just wish they would've made some larger ones to counter the larger toa. Ah well.

But torn cloth looking pieces? I like the sound of that. Now to wait for next week for pics...

Next week? Isn't NYTF in three weeks?

Interesting skull grinder vs ekimu is only 25, thought it would be more than that. Not that in complaining, just thought they would make it larger.

As for the rest being smaller, I'm OK with it, just wish they would've made some larger ones to counter the larger toa. Ah well.

But torn cloth looking pieces? I like the sound of that. Now to wait for next week for pics...

I was confused by the price also, but it equates to about one Protector (£9.99) and one large toa (14.99). As such i guess the pricing make sense to an extent.

28th i believe has the Nuremberg toy fair, we'll more than likely get pics from that

Edited by Scarilian

yes, but the German toy fair is the 28th.

"Cloth" parts are perhaps a new armor add-on?

that's what I'm thinking, very interested in seeing how these turn out. Edited by arc

I was confused by the price also, but it equates to about one Protector (£9.99) and one large toa (14.99). As such i guess the pricing make sense to an extent.

28th i believe has the Nuremberg toy fair, we'll more than likely get pics from that

I see, yeah, completely forgot about that!

"Cloth" parts are perhaps a new armor add-on?

They said "panel" when referring to the parts, so I would assume the shell add-on, yeah. It sounds really neat.

Based on the prices, all four of the singular warriors are the size of Gali, Pohatu, and Lewa while Skull Grinder is the size of Tahu or Kopaka as we have expected. I am still betting on a $35 USD price for Mask Maker and Skull Grinder- meaning $20 for Skull Grinder, $10 on Ekimu's base, and the last $5 for Ekimu's gearbox. The only thing I have changed is that I expected one or two of the singular warriors to be $10 sets, but I bet these will be pretty great sets. That cloth-like armor add-on sounds like it will be super cool looking. I am already expecting for it to cover the entire shell save for 'tears' in the 'fabric'- which would allow them to create some really interesting looks.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

Four $14 sets and one $24 set? Wow!

You're getting the currency wrong. Those prices are pounds sterling, not dollars. Most of the sets are the same price as the smaller Toa (so probably $15 in USD). Hard to say what Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder will cost. Maybe $25, maybe more.

I'm guessing Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder will be US $30 (maybe $35) and the others $15 (one or two twenty if we're unlucky). Overall I'm pleased with the affordability of the wave.

Why isn't there more detail and why only 1 source?

Either no one else has gotten around to it because they have been reporting on other things, but it's far more likely that most who will share details about the show can give less of a care for Bionicle or might even actively despise it. Huw is a very trustworthy source though, because he runs what may be the biggest Lego fan site and he wouldn't intentionally lie about something. He's an example of an AFOL who doesn't particularly care for Bionicle but has the thought to let those who do like it info.

He's an example of an AFOL who doesn't particularly care for Bionicle but has the thought to let those who do like it info.

Sounds about right; I trust him for that reason along with his many years of articles. The new armor add-on(s?) sounds rather interesting. Not sure if it's actually gonna look cloth-like or more like torn metal, but either way, it might add a cool new aesthetic to the CCBS lineup.

*Hype*

Pretty interesting that they're all (save Grinder) $15 sets. Not complaining; the cheaper the better.

Based on the prices, all four of the singular warriors are the size of Gali, Pohatu, and Lewa while Skull Grinder is the size of Tahu or Kopaka as we have expected. I am still betting on a $35 USD price for Mask Maker and Skull Grinder- meaning $20 for Skull Grinder, $10 on Ekimu's base, and the last $5 for Ekimu's gearbox.

Doubt it... in the UK the Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder set is £25. Meaning a Large Toa (14.99) and a Protector (£9.99) so that doesnt leave room for the additions of adding in the extra gearbox.

I'm guessing the lack of two masks equates to the gearbox?

Toa - 3 masks (Including Skull Spider)

Protector - 2 masks (Including Skull Spider)

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder - max of 3 masks

I really hope the skull villains have unique masks and don't all reuse the skull spider mold. Can't wait for Nuremberg!

Doubt they have the same mask given Risgrynsgrot went into detail to describe Skull Basher's head, which he would'nt need to do if all the heads/masks were the same. (Going under the belief he's telling the truth)

70793 Skull basher on the other hand is more bulky, with Purple horns on his head and brandishing som kind of big warhammer/battleaxe!

Edited by Scarilian

Well I don't care for system as they don't care for Constraction. Anyways must wait for pics -.- Jan. 28th is going to be a good day hopefully. I do hope Grinder is bigger then a 15€(hope I did that right XD) if not I may be disappointed. Tahu needs a decent villain to fight!

I found out the the old CCBS blue works really well with Gali's azure and both types of trans blue.

Edited by Bigger Fish

On a side note from the Summer Sets discussion, Lego just released a version of the CGI trailer with a voiceover on their channel.

It should be noted that they have also uploaded some of the trailers and the first episode in Korean (or at least with Korean subtitles)

(I actually saw it as one of those ads that play before you can watch a video, so it seems Lego is going to be advertising on more fronts this time around)

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

Doubt it... in the UK the Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder set is £25. Meaning a Large Toa (14.99) and a Protector (£9.99) so that doesnt leave room for the additions of adding in the extra gearbox.

I'm guessing the lack of two masks equates to the gearbox?

Toa - 3 masks (Including Skull Spider)

Protector - 2 masks (Including Skull Spider)

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder - max of 3 masks

Doubt they have the same mask given Risgrynsgrot went into detail to describe Skull Basher's head, which he would'nt need to do if all the heads/masks were the same. (Going under the belief he's telling the truth)

Unless said purple horns are actually connected to his back or something behind him (like a small version of Fangar's horns)

From prelim photos, it may be hard to tell. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

On a side note from the Summer Sets discussion, Lego just released a version of the CGI trailer with a voiceover on their channel.

It should be noted that they have also uploaded some of the trailers and the first episode in Korean (or at least with Korean subtitles)

(I actually saw it as one of those ads that play before you can watch a video, so it seems Lego is going to be advertising on more fronts this time around)

"each sets sold separately"...i've waited so much for that :')

"each sets sold separately"...i've waited so much for that :')

Yeah, same!

It's interesting how LEGO uploaded the same video about three times, one for the app, one with no dialogue, and one for the sets... I personally want to see something new.

Yeah, same!

It's interesting how LEGO uploaded the same video about three times, one for the app, one with no dialogue, and one for the sets... I personally want to see something new.

I think they did that because changing/deleting the voice is much more simple than creating individual CGI trailers.

BTW,I'm really happy that they've reintegrated the "Each sets sold separately" at the end with almost the same voice as G1 commercials!! LEGO is AWESOME

Edited by jaller