It was a Mask that contained the power of Time in the Matoran Universe. It couldn't let people travel through time, but it could locally speed up or slow down time, and any damage to the Mask would have disastrous consequences to Time itself.

It was powerful enough to be counted among the three Legendary Kanohi, alongside the masks of Life and Creation.

For more reading:

http://biosector01.c.../index.php/Vahi

Thank you very much!

A lot of people said the Toa were using lasers. So I tried to see lasers, but couldn't. They all look like they're using elemental blasts. Which is a good thing.

I think people were referring to the sound effects, not the visuals. They're very traditional sci-fi laser sound effects, and I agree that they felt out of place at some points, especially as Kopaka's ice blasts. I'd expect ice blasts to make more of a clinking or scraping sound.

I wasn't referring to comments about lasers (I kiinda agree with that, as cool as they were), mostly about those saying things along the lines of "this doesn't feel like Bionicle" or "it's just a HF repeat" (which, at this point, is little more than 4chan bait). They should at least try to explain those arguments instead of spouting them out over and over.

Now THAT's what the animations should have looked like! I like the cartoony style, but the toa just feel so much more... powerful in the cgi. Tahu doing the exact same surfer pose form his nuva commercial. I wasn't even into the line in 2002, and I still felt the nostalgia. ;_; Not sure why Kopaka can levitate and shoot "lasers" though. Out of his shield no less. I would prefer if he just fired spires of ice or something.

On another note, I hope we get some sort of villager building pack this summer, almost like what Chima's getting. Seeing as the normal villagers have different builds to the protectors, and only have single coloured masks. Actually, just anything that involves tonnes of recoloured masks please.

Now THAT's what the animations should have looked like! I like the cartoony style, but the toa just feel so much more... powerful in the cgi. Tahu doing the exact same surfer pose form his nuva commercial. I wasn't even into the line in 2002, and I still felt the nostalgia. ;_; Not sure why Kopaka can levitate and shoot "lasers" though. Out of his shield no less. I would prefer if he just fired spires of ice or something.

On another note, I hope we get some sort of villager building pack this summer, almost like what Chima's getting. Seeing as the normal villagers have different builds to the protectors, and only have single coloured masks. Actually, just anything that involves tonnes of recoloured masks please.

I think Kopaka is jumping there, not levitating. Or as someone said on YT, it might be the recoil of the blast.

That's.. eerie, I had the same idea as well! That could be a way to give us new recoloured masks. Seeing those Chima sets, it seems Lego is finally doing something for army builder fans doesn't it?

This video has not only the same CGI trailers as before, but also the character videos without narration. Enjoy making up your own parodies and voice-overs for Gali, everyone.

Delightful! Though the narrator is fine for the first four videos, for each of the Toa animations I prefer them without the voice-over. That constantly repeated "I am here to defeat EVIL" monologue is so hammy I could make a small sandwich out of it.

On the topic of lasers, the visual effects appear fine, but the rather generic pew-pew sounds do seem inappropriate, though it's not worth getting too worked up over.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Anyone else notice how Tahu goes from puppet animation to hand-drawn animation then back again in his trailer?

Yup. The hand drawn part is a dynamic sequence that I guess was too difficult to pull off with the standard puppet. It does leave a weird qualitative dissonance that kind of pulled me out of things, though.

Yup. The hand drawn part is a dynamic sequence that I guess was too difficult to pull off with the standard puppet. It does leave a weird qualitative dissonance that kind of pulled me out of things, though.

On it's own it's quite marvelous.

tumblr_ngotu0RnOl1sxky8xo1_500.gif

Oh yes. The hand-animated Tahu is glorious. So dynamic. I guess that's my biggest problem with the animations. They sometimes feel kinda... Stiff.

That looks really epic! Is there anyway to put that GIF as your signature here? Edited by MonkeyChud

That looks really epic! Is there anyway to put that GIF as your signature here?

The animation really is epic. But there is a rule, you can't have GIFs in your signature.

Edited by Cagast

Wow! The cartoon and the cgi shorts are awesome! Love the dynamic action sequences in both!

The animation really is epic. But there is a rule, you can't have GIFs in your signature.

Really? I've seen people with GIFs in their signature... I really don't know though. :grin:

There needs to be either a party hard version of this, or a get out version.

Edited by Bigger Fish

Really? I've seen people with GIFs in their signature... I really don't know though. :grin:

Not on this site, though it is allowed elsewhere.

Hmm, I wonder if they're hinting at something... :sarcasm:

Or just messing with us :p

But yeah, we're gonna see another Vahi in this line