I'm hoping we get Ekimu & Makuta as slightly bigger Protector sets, ...The art seems to suggest protector size. The Ultimate Power mask could be towa size...

what do you think?

How many Summer sets were coming?

as far as we know, 5.

as far as we know, 5.

So, if they make the remaining characters from the preview Ekimu, Makuta, and Ultimate Makuta, that leaves two more.

However, 5 could mean a new squad (Fire, Ice, Water, Earth, Jungle) Right? Or do we know the size of these sets?

The Protector of Ice is our new messianic archetype.

Why?

Edited by Rayskull

I'm hoping we get Ekimu & Makuta as slightly bigger Protector sets, ...The art seems to suggest protector size. The Ultimate Power mask could be towa size...

what do you think?

I'm 70% sure we're either going to get Ekimu as a set, or at least the MoCr in the summer but not Makuta/Mask of Control/Mask of Ultimate Power.

And as mentioned before this, we're only getting six sets after the winter, so it's most likely going to be titan-sized sets and not toa/protector one's.

Edited by MonkeyChud

I'm 70% sure we're either going to get Ekimu as a set, or at least the MoCr in the summer but not Makuta/Mask of Control/Mask of Ultimate Power.

And as mentioned before this, we're only getting six sets after the winter, so it's most likely going to be titan-sized sets and not toa/protector one's.

If its six sets than I bet there will be a range...

Why?

A joke on the fact that myself and others are considering the Protectors to be 2.0 versions of the Matoran that became the Mahri team until we get confirmation of their roles/names/etc, meaning the PoI would be Matoro.

I think we could definitely see a two pack of Ekimu and Mask of Control Makuta. Considering Makuta in that form seems to be no more, it'd be a nice inclusion. That being said, I wouldn't want to see a Mask of Ultimate Power Makuta until later in the series. He (and the mask) needs a bigger buildup.

Unless it turns out the mask is the main villain, in which case whatever. But I just can't see us getting the Mask of Ultimate Power this early in the story.

I think we could definitely see a two pack of Ekimu and Mask of Control Makuta. Considering Makuta in that form seems to be no more, it'd be a nice inclusion. That being said, I wouldn't want to see a Mask of Ultimate Power Makuta until later in the series. He (and the mask) needs a bigger buildup.

Unless it turns out the mask is the main villain, in which case whatever. But I just can't see us getting the Mask of Ultimate Power this early in the story.

What about the "three years, one mask per year" thing? Wouldn't it make sense to release each special mask with their respective wearer one at a time? (Though, I would LOVE a two-pack of Ekimu & Makuta. It would be just like that special promo we got with those fire and wind Toa we got back in '04.)

So, if they make the remaining characters from the preview Ekimu, Makuta, and Ultimate Makuta, that leaves two more.

However, 5 could mean a new squad (Fire, Ice, Water, Earth, Jungle) Right? Or do we know the size of these sets?

Because who needs stone, right?

what do you think?

I am pretty sure that we will be seeing 5. Like, 95% sure. And even that 5% is kinda iffy.

It's also been discussed that we will more likely then not see Ekimu and Makuta as Protector-esque sets, featuring the Protector of Fire's torso build with a gearbox on the back.

(I personally believe that we will see them as a two-pack for $25 and a 'corrupted' large-sized Makuta with the MOuP for $15.)

Edited by TheDesuComplex

I am pretty sure that we will be seeing 5. Like, 95% sure. And even that 5% is kinda iffy.

It's also been discussed that we will more likely then not see Ekimu and Makuta as Protector-esque sets, featuring the Protector of Fire's torso build with a gearbox on the back.

(I personally believe that we will see them as a two-pack for $25 and a 'corrupted' large-sized Makuta with the MOuP for $15.)

That would be on my wish list. But yeah the two pack satisfies the "battle in a box" constraint and makes you have to jump to a higher price point for what might be exotic pieces....im betting $30 for the two pack though (gearboxes rare masks).

Also the animation clearly does show them to have POF chest build, longer legs and the gear box. I like that we got away from using the standard torsos.

BTW do you base these theories on news heard at the convention or top secret sources?

I'm thinking we might get humanoid nonunique soldiers as badies. Army builders for the corrupted. Just a random thought.

Edited by Rayskull

That would be on my wish list. But yeah the two pack satisfies the "battle in a box" constraint and makes you have to jump to a higher price point for what might be exotic pieces....im betting $30 for the two pack though (gearboxes rare masks).

Also the animation clearly does show them to have POF chest build, longer legs and the gear box. I like that we got away from using the standard torsos.

BTW do you base these theories on news heard at the convention or top secret sources?

I'm thinking we might get humanoid nonunique soldiers as badies. Army builders for the corrupted. Just a random thought.

$30 for a couple of figures that won't have anymore than 140 pieces combined?! I understand the "two-pack" rarity, and the exotic pieces they'll come with, but they should be no more than $20 imo.

$30 for a couple of figures that won't have anymore than 140 pieces combined?! I understand the "two-pack" rarity, and the exotic pieces they'll come with, but they should be no more than $20 imo.

They'll have gearboxes, elbows and be a little taller than Protectors. Toa will be at least $15 here... So my guess is $30.

I don't know who they will be, but I'm pretty sure we'll get bad guys this summer. :wink:

Yeah, I have to agree with Leewan. I'm gonna be really annoyed if we don't get at least some decent bad guy sets this year. LOSS seems to be an "okay set", but not what I would call a decent set.

Ha, how funny. The story and concepts they brought into the new version of BIONICLE dragged me in, but now it's really starting to wear off and the rose tinted glasses aren't sufficing anymore. Truth be told, all of the sets are becoming blander every second I look/make MOC-ups of. Vive la NINJAGO :grin:

Edited by JayWalker

Remember that image? The one that showed all the different set boxes that kept getting blurred so that the leaker wouldn't get in trouble?

That image has the titan sets on it. So now, we can work out how big they'll be, by comparing them to the scale of the Winter sets in the same image.

Link to the image please? I only have the black and white image and the color one. I'll go check TTV's older videos, they would have had something to do with it.

edit: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're talking about the black and white image. That only featured Winter sets.

Edited by JayWalker

Ha, how funny. The story and concepts they brought into the new version of BIONICLE dragged me in, but now it's really starting to wear off and the rose tinted glasses aren't sufficing anymore. Truth be told, all of the sets are becoming blander every second I look/make MOC-ups of. Vive la NINJAGO :grin:

Somehow that's been evident

Remember that image? The one that showed all the different set boxes that kept getting blurred so that the leaker wouldn't get in trouble?

That image has the titan sets on it. So now, we can work out how big they'll be, by comparing them to the scale of the Winter sets in the same image.

Titan sets? I think I'm missing something...

There was a specific image that has been in a few videos that has images of various set boxes and details about their size and width. In the videos, it was blurred so that the original leaker (TTV's "source") wouldn't get fired from his job.

Edit: The video that contains the image that I'm talking about. It's mid-way through.

Edited by BrickBuilder3213

Somehow that's been evident

Maybe because I have stated quite often enough it's the story that drags me into a line? The only thing BIONICLE has ever had running for it to me was the world-building, I never had any real enjoyment of the plot. Even then, it hasn't been so much the world-building but moreso the environments. The 2015 environments, that is. The only things about BIONICLE I ever really enjoyed is the 06-08 artstyle on the Toa/Piraka. The whole "astrology" and "all hail Mata Nui" thing creeped me out. I still have no clue about half the stuff that went on in the plot, the plot holes surrounding the Mask of Life alone were ridiculous.

CCBS never worked wonders for me other than the standardized bone system it introduced, the legs/arms of the old system were vastly inferior to the CCBS version. And after doing some serious experimentation with CCBS over the past few weeks, I can safely say that while it's better than what I though it was like (sat on a bunch of CCBS parts for years, did nothing with them until recently), I'm really not a fan of it. And some of the sets I've bought recently have left a very sour taste in my mouth (looking at you, Surge and Rocka Combat Machine) in regards to it.

The only reason I ever gained even a remote interest in BIONICLE was because there was a metaphorical drought for NINJAGO and needed something to do. All aboard the hype train.

Edited by JayWalker

There was a specific image that has been in a few videos that has images of various set boxes and details about their size and width. In the videos, it was blurred so that the original leaker (TTV's "source") wouldn't get fired from his job.

Edit: The video that contains the image that I'm talking about. It's mid-way through.

I actually have that picture (and in better quality than in the video) saved on my computer. Looking at it again, I can confirm it's just the boxes of the Protectors and Toa. The top six all have a smaller packaging and the shapes on the boxes match up with the poses of the Protectors on the packaging. The lower six are the same case, but feature three boxes that are smaller and three that are larger indicating the two size classes of Toa.

Re the summer sets: I seem to recall that someone at Comic-Con confirmed a summer-wave of six or seven sets. The idea of five sets came, I believe, from the leaked Q&A document, which, while seemingly legitimate (given that is was the first public-source to us the name "Okoto,") did contain some erroneous (outdated, perhaps) information, such as a confirmation of animations, only for another page to claim that information regarding that couldn't yet be released, and the claim that Greg Farshtey was writing the new books.