Better yet, he'll turn evil and try to control Okoto with plants. Meanwhile Kopaka will turn evil too, and he'll try to freeze Okoto. Then, in following true LEGO fashion (and making Fire characters the main ones) the Dark Tahu will rise up to defeat them. In return, Lewa and Kopaka will unite with Bane Onua and make horribly cheesy jokes, Pohatu the most underrated character will become the Dark Tahu's sidekick, and Gali will visit them to look after their dying butler Ekimu and then join them. :grin:

edit: And it will be called: "DARK TAHU AND POHATU".

Chicks dig the Lavaboard :laugh:

Edited by JayWalker

Im getting tad curious as to the story. And looking foreward to humanoid villians

Edited by Rayskull

Yeah, I can't wait either. And to start story hype:

It says that the Toa arrived on Okoto AFTER the fight between Ekimu and Makuta. How did they get to Okoto?

Also, I'm thinking that Ekimu is more like the Takanuva of this universe, and that the Protectors may still be worshiping a godlike being....Okoto?

By the way, what do we call the Protector RACE? The Protectors are, I assume, a select group of soldiers, but are the actual inhabitants of Okoto still called Matoran?

It says that the Toa arrived on Okoto AFTER the fight between Ekimu and Makuta. How did they get to Okoto?

Magic, duh.

Also, I'm thinking that Ekimu is more like the Takanuva of this universe, and that the Protectors may still be worshiping a godlike being....Okoto?

I'm not really seeing what would lead you to that assumption... do you mean in terms of questing, like they have to find him? I doubt Ekimu is secretly one of the Protectors all along; it's not exactly a fresh trope, and something they've specifically done in multiple LEGO stories.

There's no mention of any particular worship, aside from general reverence of the Mask Makers (collectively) as providers of useful things.

By the way, what do we call the Protector RACE? The Protectors are, I assume, a select group of soldiers, but are the actual inhabitants of Okoto still called Matoran?

On BS01 we're calling them collectively the Protectors, because some of the shop descriptions make it sound like there are more than just the six we've seen, but it's all up in the air at this point. Could very easily be something different that we'll find out in the story. Which won't be for a bit yet.

Because the shop descriptions make it sound like there's more than just the six? And it's still "up in the air"?

Gee, I wonder how that's the case when we saw two Fire Protectors side by side staring at a carving on the wall. And a whole bunch of Fire Protectors in a village. And villages for every type of Protector in the boxart.

Yeah, I'm certain it's "up in the air" at this point.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Toa's arrival has something to do with the Temple of Time (NO, I am NOT bringing the Vahi up). It was on the same slides featuring the Toa's arrival, and furthermore it was pulsating with energy. LEGO's done stuff like this before, eg, in NINJAGO the portal the Overlord possessed Garmadon through did a similar thing. But I'm basing all of this on the placement of three pictures together, so it might not happen. Would certainly explain the Protectors "enlisting" the help of the Toa if they really did "activate the temple".

Tbh, I'm going to be very happy if no one worships Ekimu. It was kind of weird for me (maybe because I only seriously looked up the BIONICLE story this year) finding out that all the Matoran worshipped Mata Nui. Especially considering I came late enough to see the awesome artwork of Makuta and Mata Nui playing Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots after seeing Makuta first play Kolhii and hide and seek to defeat people.

Edited by JayWalker

It is still in question. Just because we saw several characters that look like the Protector of Fire (et cetera), the entire species isn't necessarily called Protectors. Maybe there are only six (highly unlikely, for what you mentioned) and maybe there are fifty-six, but either way they could still theoretically represent a specific group of people within the species, rather than the entire species itself.

Also I'm not quite sure how Teridax's methods of battle relate to worshipping Ekimu or Mata Nui.

Edited by Chro

It's yet to be known if the species itself is called Protectors. If they really are the Turaga, they're most certainly a part of the same species. Even if you want to get picky about that, they're similar enough to throw the details out the window and be done with it.

Sorry, to clarify: I was speaking of two things I found very weird. First of all, I was creeped out by the fact that they all worshiped Mata Nui and then it just turns out he was an even bigger robot that more or less had nothing to do with the Matoran other than providing a home for them. Secondly, it was hilarious for me to see that BIONICLE's biggest and greatest villain stoop to the levels of Darth Vader versing Luke Skywalker in football to determine who lives or dies, or Frodo playing Hide and Seek with Saur- oh, wait. That last one actually happened :grin:

The Makuta VS Mata Nui giant robot thing actually fit really well. And the delay between Mata Nui's arrival on Bara Magna and Makuta's arrival could have been a lot longer...

Aren't they called protectors because they protect (they dont do a good job against those spiders tho) the Golden masks of power?

while the rest kinda just, lives in villages

Edited by Antrozek

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Jay, I'm not saying there's no species that they're a part of outside of the six we have as sets; I'm saying that the six sets represent a specific group (the actual Protectors by the looks of things) within that species. I'm confused over why you were sarcastically saying it's still up in the air, then told me that it's yet to be known if the species is called Protectors...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Jay, I'm not saying there's no species that they're a part of outside of the six we have as sets; I'm saying that the six sets represent a specific group (the actual Protectors by the looks of things) within that species. I'm confused over why you were sarcastically saying it's still up in the air, then told me that it's yet to be known if the species is called Protectors...

I'm going with this idea. All the islanders are of the same species. The Protectors (the guys we're getting as sets) act as village leaders and protect their individual tribes (and possibly the golden masks, but I don't think anything's been confirmed in that regard). Plus, I think it was confirmed at Comic Con that the Protector sets are the village leaders.

To me, it seems logical that only those six would be called Protectors. I mean, why would the entire species be called Protectors? What are they all protecting if they're just regular dudes? It makes sense that those six regular dudes who are picked to protect the village and/or the golden masks would be called Protectors, wouldn't it?

Because the shop descriptions make it sound like there's more than just the six? And it's still "up in the air"?

Gee, I wonder how that's the case when we saw two Fire Protectors side by side staring at a carving on the wall. And a whole bunch of Fire Protectors in a village. And villages for every type of Protector in the boxart.

Yeah, I'm certain it's "up in the air" at this point.

Because it's more than just the six specifically who would be called Protectors, not that it's just the six who exist at all. Reading the BS01 page for yourself would have made that fairly apparent, but next time I'll shove some links in my post.

Loving the snark, though.

In the Legend Animation, they were referred to as the Islanders, so that's what I'm going with for the moment.

I actually really like Islanders as the term, even if it is a bit generic. I'm assuming that the Protectors we know of get named at some point, which I think will probably help with the distinction. Much like the reboot/Vahi issue, I'm taking the comparison of the Protectors as "Turaga" with a grain of salt.

For now, I'm just referring to the villagers of Okoto as villagers. Because... they live in villages.

I'm wondering when we will get more story info on the Protectors, since we don't have a completely clear understanding of what the term means, let alone what their individual personalities might be like.

Well, I'm too used to "Protectors" being used as an "in-general" term for the villagers/islanders that I thought that's what Dorek was saying.

To me, they have been and always will be matoran. Even when the agori came in, I pretty much just called them matoran. They're the same to me.

Yeah, I'mma call them Matoran too, until we get a new canon name. Hell, I'm already calling the six sets Jaller (It totally fits his design too), Hahli, Matoro, Hewkii, Kongu, and Nuparu (Because putting a gatling gun in his chest is something I can almost see Nuparu doing).

Yeah, I'mma call them Matoran too, until we get a new canon name. Hell, I'm already calling the six sets Jaller (It totally fits his design too), Hahli, Matoro, Hewkii, Kongu, and Nuparu (Because putting a gatling gun in his chest is something I can almost see Nuparu doing).

Agreed, it fits in nicely with Nuparu's tinkering nature. Plus, the Protector of Jungle's bow-gun thing is a nice homage to Kongu Inika's lazer crossbow. Coincidentally, both the Protectors of Jungle and Earth are my favourites!

I was thinking the same as well, I hope the protectors play a good role in the new canon. I wanna see the story behind these guys.

Any chance that the Protectors may actually be Jala and the rest of his team? Please Lego, make it happen!!!!

You're all bringing up some good points: Kongu's crossbow, Nuparu's love of wacky inventions.....Could it be? And could we see revamped Inika?

Probably not, but in my heart, POJ will always be my little Kongu!

I've just been using names from across the old story to name the Protectors for my head canon. Those names specifically are Vakama (always a good fire leader-type), Lesovikk ('cuz I love the guy), Maku, Huki (those two because I totally ship it), Metus (saw reminds me of his snowflake shield), and Tehutti (don't ask me on that one. First name that popped into my head).

I'm hoping we get Ekimu & Makuta as slightly bigger Protector sets, ...The art seems to suggest protector size. The Ultimate Power mask could be towa size...

what do you think?

How many Summer sets were coming?

Edited by Rayskull