Sure he did. It's Krakalin. <:

Also, Teridax was referred to almost exclusively as Makuta in the 2010 materials, which both made sense and was a nice tribute to the early days.

Edited by Dorek

Nah, I was reffering to Teridax because I'm blind :(

Though your perespective on the 2 "versions" of him is really quite interesting... I have to say I agree with you on those points!

They could just keep the basics of the original storyline (masks, elements, matoran-toa-turaga) and then progress from there.

Sure he did. It's Krakalin. <:

Also, Teridax was referred to almost exclusively as Makuta in the 2010 materials, which both made sense and was a nice tribute to the early days.

I'm underwhelmed by that name. And he was called just Makuta because all the other ones were dead except for the alternate Teridax that Makuta only learned about shortly before he was destroyed.

Edited by Master_Data

Has anyone noticed how in the display image, on the bottom, 'separately' is spelled incorrectly? Another point to show the image is possibly fake.

-Sci

Oh lord that name was a joke please do not take it seriously

Krakalackin'

Has anyone noticed how in the display image, on the bottom, 'separately' is spelled incorrectly? Another point to show the image is possibly fake.

-Sci

Nah, it's real, despite the misspelling Edited by Chro

-Sci

One must note that Lego's main headquarters are located in Denmark.. perfect translations are unimportant for materials which are not meant to be seen by customers.

Krakalackin'

Krakalin Oat Bran.

It's kind of irritating that because the leaked images can't even be discussed on BZPower, it's impossible to bring decisive evidence like the LEGO Group's attempted removal of the leaked images to their attention. Still, it's been a fun few days, watching BIONICLE fans run around like chickens with their heads cut off. I hope that when we do have an official reveal things won't be too chaotic, but in the meantime the speculation is fairly enjoyable.

On the point of the mispelled word, I work for an international, multi-billion dollar corporation, and they send out promotional materials that have typos or mispelled words all the time. Typos and spelling errors are easy to make and sometimes hard to catch. I don't think it's a point in either direction, besides to point out that, at some point, a human typed that.

I hope that when we do have an official reveal things won't be too chaotic

BWAHAHAHA, if anything, this thread will be a complete sh#tfest once official things come out. A regular hero factory leak gets a lot of attention; just imagine how much attention a CONFIRMED Bionicle reveal would bring!

Oh lord that name was a joke please do not take it seriously

Regardless, it's a decent interim name.

Also, BZP's policies suck.

As pointed out it's literally based on "crack-a-lackin". Not what I would call a good interim name =P

Also, BZP's policies suck.

They are a requirement to continue receiving support from LEGO. I don't know why or how EB gets away with posting and discussing leaks (though I have conspiracy theories), but everytime we've tried to loosen it up, we get a message from LEGO reminding us of their leaked images policy.

BZP,s only harming itself, seeing as everyone is going elsewhere to discuss the rumours it refuses to allow. Turns out there are downsides with being so cosy with the company you post news about. :/

on a lighter note, think Lego'll get Cryoshell back? They had them do a song for HF, so it seems realistic enough.

Edited by Timeline15

They are a requirement to continue receiving support from LEGO. I don't know why or how EB gets away with posting and discussing leaks (though I have conspiracy theories), but everytime we've tried to loosen it up, we get a message from LEGO reminding us of their leaked images policy.

Probably EB doesn't get official LEGO support as BZP does? *shrug*

BZP,s only harming itself, seeing as everyone is going elsewhere to discuss the rumours it refuses to allow. Turns out there are downsides with being so cosy with the company you post news about. :/

on a lighter note, think Lego'll get Cryoshell back? They had them do a song for HF, so it seems realistic enough.

Kinda why I left BZP. Still have my account there, but I've never used it for... Couple years now I think.

Things are more fun here anyway :P

As for Cryoshell, I don't care one way or the other. They had some nice tunes, but if they don't show, I won't be broken up about it.

Turns out there are downsides with being so cosy with the company you post news about. :/

Given that the upsides are direct community participation and boxes of free stuff, I think not talking about illegally acquired information is a fairly decent trade-off.

Given that the upsides are direct community participation and boxes of free stuff, I think not talking about illegally acquired information is a fairly decent trade-off.

Not when people wanna talk about it. In that case, it's a crappy trade-off. Plus, the guys here at EB have gotten stuff from Lego too.

Plus, the guys here at EB have gotten stuff from Lego too.

Which is what DV was talking about. Apparently they don't get reprimanded for allowing discussion of leaked material, but BZP does.

Which is what DV was talking about. Apparently they don't get reprimanded for allowing discussion of leaked material, but BZP does.

Which honestly I don't think is okay at all. I mean, it's really pretty cool that we can talk about the stuff here. But hey, equal treatment, please.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Which honestly I don't think is okay at all. I mean, it's really pretty cool that we can talk about the stuff here. But hey, equal treatment, please.

-Gata signoff.png

Have you thought that maybe BZP recieves funding from LEGO whereas EB doesn't? So, they're basically being paid to keep their mouths shut and enforce their crap policies, and if they don't, they lose that funding.

I memory serves, one of their policies is don't mention other forums, such EB. Pretty stupid, yes?

Edited by Jetrax99

Have you thought that maybe BZP recieves funding from LEGO whereas EB doesn't? So, they're basically being paid to keep their mouths shut and enforce their crap policies, and if they don't, they lose that funding.

No, that's completely bogus. BZPower doesn't get ANY funding from LEGO whatsoever. The site owners pay for it either using funds generated through the sale of premier memberships or out-of-pocket. How in the world did you come up with that completely ridiculous assumption?

I memory serves, one of their policies is don't mention other forums, such EB. Pretty stupid, yes?

That policy has been off the books for about a year now.

I can only really think of a few differences between BZP and Eurobricks that would explain the different treatment. For one, Eurobricks is older, larger, and more active than BZP, so it has more bargaining power. Lego likely has more to lose by cutting off ties with Eurobricks (which is one of the most prominent AFOL online communities, and an effective avenue to directly interact with fans) than it would have to gain (since a non-endorsed Eurobricks would be even less beholden to the limited control Lego has over their policies). Contrast BZP, which not only is a smaller and more narrow-focused community but also lost a lot of size, activity, and prestige after the one-two punch of Bionicle's end and the Great Downtime. If Lego cut ties with BZP they'd lose only a tiny audience (many of whom would not truly be lost due to being active on other Lego-related sites like this one), while BZPower would almost certainly slide further into obscurity.

The alternative answer is that the same rules regarding age restrictions that keep Lego employees like Greg Farshtey from interacting directly with BZP's userbase somehow also affect how much scrutiny BZPower receives from Lego regarding things like leaks. This would not suck any less but it doesn't make as much logical sense as the simple balance of power argument.

No, that's completely bogus. BZPower doesn't get ANY funding from LEGO whatsoever. The site owners pay for it either using funds generated through the sale of premier memberships or out-of-pocket. How in the world did you come up with that completely ridiculous assumption?

That policy has been off the books for about a year now.

Ridiculous assumption? Then what kind of support from Lego are they so worried about losing? If it's free items and the like, I think EB would've lost that privilege by now. Don't you?