i think it's just some sort of server or something that holds code maybe? it's there on all the other sites, too. I found it in the code for the Mixel's website.

maybe they use "akamai.net" because they hold a trademark on akamai? or maybe they work with a company called Akamai that seems to do web stuff.

i think it's just some sort of server or something that holds code maybe? it's there on all the other sites, too. I found it in the code for the Mixel's website.

maybe they use "akamai.net" because they hold a trademark on akamai? or maybe they work with a company called Akamai that seems to do web stuff.

Ugh, darn... Thought I was onto something...

Ugh, darn... Thought I was onto something...

Well, Akamai does have a Bionicle-ish ring to it.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Lego will be keeping the term 'Kanohi' or naming individual masks, given how they seem to be distancing themselves from the term 'Toa' to avoid potential confusion amongst new fans.

>Complains that the new Bionicle sets aren't Bionicle enough.

>Pluralizes Bionicle with an S.

In all seriousness, I like CCBS, the thing is that I've never felt really attached to HF, so I never really got more than one per wave. Of course, this means that my MOCing experience is limited to "Try and make a Breez model that looks great". With the return of BIonicle, I'll certainly be getting more of them, I'd like to get all the Toa, and thankfully I have a birthday a month before Christmas, and if I get all the games I'm looking at from those two (S,ash Wii U, Alpha Sapphire, Lego Batman III, Hyrule Warriors, Rise of the Dark Spark, etc), then I'll have plenty of money to spare.

Well, Akamai does have a Bionicle-ish ring to it.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Lego will be keeping the term 'Kanohi' or naming individual masks, given how they seem to be distancing themselves from the term 'Toa' to avoid potential confusion amongst new fans.

You mean because it's the name of the Tahu/Pohatu/Onua Toa Kaita? =P. Apparently the company Akamai (which does data storage and stuff, and is featured in a lot of places, but in an amusing coincidence also is used by LEGO) named itself after the Hawaiian word for "intelligence" or "wit" (or its adjectives), and it possibly means something in Maori as well (if not, the two languages are at least obviously related, so there's that). Wairuha bears the Kanohi of Wisdom, but I think it's all a big coincidence at that point. Still fun to know.

As for the continued use of these words, who knows. Masters could refer to their region and they could ALSO be Toa of a given element, or any other of assorted possibilities. I don't think the use of "Master" is specifically to avoid excess terminology, but it depends on the role of the Defenders, and why they're called that.

I'd like to assume that the Defenders are Matoran, and the ones we're getting as sets are kinda equivalent to Jaller, Kongu, and Onepu- In charge of defending their homes and people while the Toa are absent.

I'd like to assume that the Defenders are Matoran, and the ones we're getting as sets are kinda equivalent to Jaller, Kongu, and Onepu- In charge of defending their homes and people while the Toa are absent.

I'm fairly sure the Protectors are just robotic combat drones. Hence the same mask and no names.

I wasn't sure about that theory at first, but the Earth P's stomach blaster IS a pretty hint. In that case, I hope we get real Matoran in 2016.

I wasn't sure about that theory at first, but the Earth P's stomach blaster IS a pretty hint. In that case, I hope we get real Matoran in 2016.

Well, hopefully we do.

And possibly some different Toa. Maybe even a female fire user to give Tahu a run for his money?

Edited by Jetrax99

I dunno, the others seems pretty non-robotic, and maybe the Earth Defender's a crazy guy who put a canon in his chest? Iunno, it's like Nuparu but even crazier.

Well, hopefully we do.

And possibly some different Toa. Maybe even a female fire user to give Tahu a run for his money?

I like this.

Edited by Lord-Vorahk

I dunno, the others seems pretty non-robotic, and maybe the Earth Defender's a crazy guy who put a canon in his chest? Iunno, it's like Nuparu but even crazier.

If they were matoran, they'd have names. And different masks. Why would they give us unnamed matoran?

Protectors- most likely robotic drones.

Edited by Jetrax99

I really dig that Arthron-esque mask, though, and getting it in 6 colours is even better (wish there was a gold version though). But next time I'd rather see 6 brave villagers wearing recolours of the Toa masks.. you know who I'm talking about of course.

And female Toa of Fire? Heck yes.

If they were matoran, they'd have names. And different masks. Why would they give us unnamed matoran?

What difference does it make? Did it occur to you that these might be just an army of identical characters? I mean, it's not like LEGO hasn't done this before... *cough*StarWarsChimaNINJAGO(in the TV show)HeroFactoryBIONICLEITSELF*cough*

The presence of a machine gun embedded in someone's chest isn't an indication of anything whatsoever. If they're all just mindless robots built to fight, why are there variations between them other than elementally? Why do they wear masks at all? etc

The lack of a name means nothing either. As I (sort of) mentioned earlier, they could just be an army of villagers. Saves on having to make multiple unique sets, allows kids to collect a whole bunch of the same set without whining that they're the same set, etc. For all we know they could even have randomized brain stalks (Yes please!) to vary them up. Don't hold you breath on the robot theory, because we've got little to no details on the plot other than Okoto and some flashy bling-bling masks :tongue:

EDIT: ah, crud. Wasted my 500th post :cry_sad: I thought I hadn't used that other one... well, happy 500th post to me :tongue:

Edited by JayWalker

I hope the protectors will be different to eachother in upcoming media. And I'm still praying for mask packs.

Fire. Water. Ice. Jungle. Stone. Earth. Long ago, the island of Okoto lived in harmony...but all that changed when the Skull Spiders attacked.

That's all I could think of while reading that.

Damn it.

I see what you did there, and I have to say, it really makes me want Lewa as air again.

I'll always see him as air anyhow. I'm probably just gonna imagine him as air anyway, that's what Lego's about, right?

I really dig that Arthron-esque mask, though, and getting it in 6 colours is even better (wish there was a gold version though). But next time I'd rather see 6 brave villagers wearing recolours of the Toa masks.. you know who I'm talking about of course.

And female Toa of Fire? Heck yes.

It's unlikely, but you know what would be an interesting plot concept?

The Protectors are generic drone-like things, and only receive an identity by proving themselves somehow. (Basically like Skrall, I guess.)

So the Chronicler's Company, or a new equivalent, could start off as generic Protectors and then become individuals through aiding the Masters.

I think I've figured out a use for the LOSS's face plant print armor thingie.

One word:

Gunmen

So I'm not the only one who thought that...

Damn it.

I see what you did there, and I have to say, it really makes me want Lewa as air again.

I'll always see him as air anyhow. I'm probably just gonna imagine him as air anyway, that's what Lego's about, right?

I'm still hoping that they changed his mask power to Mask of Air. He can be Jungle but still have his original power.

Edited by Kalhiki

Ugh, that ruins the entire feel of this wave. "Look, it's tribal, with tribal-style masks, primitive monsters, and tribal paint.......oh yeah, and Robots. They make robots."

Ugh, that ruins the entire feel of this wave. "Look, it's tribal, with tribal-style masks, primitive monsters, and tribal paint.......oh yeah, and Robots. They make robots."

The Bohrok were robots. As were the Exo-Toa. And the Ussanui was purely mechanical. And the Vahki too. Oh, and let's not forget how nearly all living things were biomechanical - Y'know, mechanical with biological components. Basically bio-robots. The whole uniqueness of Bionicle is that we have these robot-looking characters and creatures in a tribal/fantasy setting. What's the big deal if this time around, they will actually be robotic in composure? They certainly won't act like it, will they?

NYCC starts on the 9th.

More like a week.

I thought it was the 5th? Edited by LewiMOC

I thought it was the 5th?

Nope. It's the 9th. The website says so.

Gotta hold out a little longer. The wait is killing us all.

Nope. It's the 9th. The website says so.

Gotta hold out a little longer. The wait is killing us all.

It's not killing me.

The Bohrok were robots. As were the Exo-Toa. And the Ussanui was purely mechanical. And the Vahki too. Oh, and let's not forget how nearly all living things were biomechanical - Y'know, mechanical with biological components. Basically bio-robots. The whole uniqueness of Bionicle is that we have these robot-looking characters and creatures in a tribal/fantasy setting. What's the big deal if this time around, they will actually be robotic in composure? They certainly won't act like it, will they?

The Bohrok were described as insect-like, following the idea that the line had taken so far- everything was basically a cybernetic equivalent of a real-world counterpart, and the Krana, the actual consciousness of them, were definitely not robots. Plus, I think part of the idea was that the Bohrok seemed alien and wrong. Out of place, so to speak. The Exo-Toa were, for all anyone knew, vehicles. Their sudden reveal to be functional without a pilot was a hint to the reveal that the Matoran came from a futuristic city, not the lush island. The Ussanui was a vehicle constructed from Rahkshi and Bohrok corpses, alluding to a lack of material and capability for that sort of construcion, as well as also being an excuse to sell Takanuva as a £15 boxed set as opposed to a £7 canister, because the Mata didn't need one to get into Mangaia, and Teridax didn't want to shut Takanuva out, and it was never used again, even when it had been helpful, so what was the flying battering-ram bike for again? The Vahki were after the series ditched the tribal feel.

However, the attitude to the Defenders seems to be that they will just be faceless drones with no identity. As in, less lifelike than the Bohrok and Vahki. No uniqueness aside from basic body design. Less personality than a Battle Droid. And that does feel out of place.