say, since Bionicle's coming back and all, can we maybe change the old von nebula forum banner? :P

Also, October can't come fast enough.

That was Von Nebula? I thought it was a Vahki all this time, whoops.

I propose a banner with the new Miru Hau.

Edited by Shakar

I'm sure TTV and XONAR could tell you aaaaalllll about that

EDIT: Misread MMOG as MNOG, though response is still somewhat relevant

I'm talking full 3D, here, not 2D.

Although we could definitely enable cel shading. :tongue:

wow lol, don't be so daf-- A busy Matoran is a happy Matoran, you are here of your won free will--

I propose it with the Mask of Creation.

You know, considering that's the clearest image we have right now?

...fair point. I thought about the Hau since it's pretty much BIONICLE's symbol, I actually had forgotten the MoCr. :look:

snapback.pngLind Whisperer, on 19 September 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

Has anyone ever tried making a group project for a fan-made Bionicle MMOG? That level of graphics isn't a very hard level to match with today's freeware, and you probably wouldn't have the LEGO lawyers to worry about as much as you would for a LU remake...

Heck, I could probably make a pretty good Po-Koro, textures and all.

Anyone else like the idea?

I'm sure TTV and XONAR could tell you aaaaalllll about that

EDIT: Misread MMOG as MNOG, though response is still somewhat relevant

Lol yes, do consult either myself or TTV before trying something like that.

...fair point. I thought about the Hau since it's pretty much BIONICLE's symbol, I actually had forgotten the MoCr. :look:

I propose a banner with the new Miru Hau.

say, since Bionicle's coming back and all, can we maybe change the old von nebula forum banner? :P

Also, October can't come fast enough.

Please put all board-specific suggestions into the Action Figure forum discussion thread

(Easier to keep it there so I can compile the suggestions, otherwise I'll lose track of it in this thread)

MoC would fit much better, as it's an inside joke itself.

Actually, would the clip-on thing even work for a knock-off-the-mask-game? It's got two connection points, one on either side, and most of the masks seem to be rather close-fitting to the head. It looks like it would just... wobble. Wait, didn't they promise "Wobblers" in the original leak?

I mean, the Bohrok faceplate shuts quite tightly, but hitting the eyes still caused the pan to strike the plate open. Those clips don't look like the deepest or biggest nubs, they're fairly rounded and shallow. I expect knocking them off would either involve a wedge system inside the head, or that with enough pressure they'd just pop off. Assuming, of course, that a mask-knocking-off function is what we're going to see.

Augh seriously MoC is gonna bug me something awful. MoCr works sooooo much better.

(also even with the new connector points I'd love to see axle holes too, to encourage backwards compatibility)

yeah, every time I see that abbreviation, I keep expecting someone to have posted a moc in the thread. How do you guys normally abbreviate the masks of life and light btw?

On another note, I recently realised how many different browns Bionicle went through. Hopefully Bionicle Nuva will stay with the type Pohatu uses for its entire run, so I can actually make a brown moc of decent size without having to amalgamate several different shades. >,<

So the spiders totally have the click joints to attach, but they are also rather large... I wouldn't be surprised if they could accommodate a mask and a spider as well.

yeah, every time I see that abbreviation, I keep expecting someone to have posted a moc in the thread. How do you guys normally abbreviate the masks of life and light btw?

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh

No comment?

The most common fan abbreviation I saw for the Ignika was MoLi, but people were usually just good about writing out the whole thing (and giving deference to MoL, which was more commonly abbreviated); granted, they also had proper names, which made it easier. Hopefully the MoCr gets an official name.

Augh seriously MoC is gonna bug me something awful. MoCr works sooooo much better.

(also even with the new connector points I'd love to see axle holes too, to encourage backwards compatibility)

Yes, but it's also weird for an acronym. It's like MNOLG vs. MNOG; Online is one word, so it should really be MNOG.

Hopefully the MoCr gets an official name.

Yeah, I hope the use of "master", "magic", and "gold" isn't a sign that we're going to lose more imaginative words like "Toa", "protodermis", and "Kanohi".

Edited by Timeline15

Yeah, I hope the use of "master", "magic", and "gold" isn't a sign that we're going to lose more imaginative words like "Toa", "protodermis", and "Kanohi".

I just realized that Protodermis translates roughly to "First skin."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

I mean, the Bohrok faceplate shuts quite tightly, but hitting the eyes still caused the pan to strike the plate open. Those clips don't look like the deepest or biggest nubs, they're fairly rounded and shallow. I expect knocking them off would either involve a wedge system inside the head, or that with enough pressure they'd just pop off. Assuming, of course, that a mask-knocking-off function is what we're going to see.

I never actually knew that hitting the eye in those games would open the head. I always won by hooking my Bohrok around the edge of the plate and pulling it open on the return.

Anyway, I differentiated the Light and Life masks like so:

Mask of Light: MoL

Mask of Life: Ignika, since it had a personality.

So I know we're calling the mask of Creation the "mocr" but what exactly does the r at the end mean?

It's stll not clear. All we know is that the gold mask is the Mask of Creation, but that's it.

Can someone catch me up? What did I miss (as of yesterday?)

Is is reboot or continuation?

LEGO cheerfully gave us an ambiguous description of the year(s?) Maskguffin, the mysterious and apparently magical Mask of Life Creation.

In other news, we've been trying to figure out how the gearboxes are going to function and I'm trying to stir up interest in both BIOctober and in the idea of creating an online (3D, not 2D) MMOG.

So the spiders totally have the click joints to attach, but they are also rather large... I wouldn't be surprised if they could accommodate a mask and a spider as well.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh

No comment?

The most common fan abbreviation I saw for the Ignika was MoLi, but people were usually just good about writing out the whole thing (and giving deference to MoL, which was more commonly abbreviated); granted, they also had proper names, which made it easier. Hopefully the MoCr gets an official name.

Not entirely sure I follow the comments about the spiders. They seem to have prongs pointing down in several of the leaks, which was one if the reasons I suspected this side connection to begin with.

Oh, I had missed that, sorry. I was just wishing out loud that they also looked large enough to become an overlay for masks, as opposed to something swappable. But realistically, it's just a mask change (although the fact that we're bringing that kind of concept back is just amazing).