that is another thing i noticed. usually there is an equal amount of hero and villain so you have one on one fights s was curious why there are only 5 skull badguys.

then i realise LoSS would have made up the 6th bad guy. and from what i seen people say LoSS is the worst of the winter wave in both look and functionality.

i am curious to how planned out the line was.

EDIT: i forget but wasn't there a rythem/formula to g1 bionicle with like 6 heroes 6 bad guys 6 mini guys and 2-3 big sets? if so what happened to it?

that is another thing i noticed. usually there is an equal amount of hero and villain so you have one on one fights s was curious why there are only 5 skull badguys.

then i realise LoSS would have made up the 6th bad guy. and from what i seen people say LoSS is the worst of the winter wave in both look and functionality.

i am curious to how planned out the line was.

EDIT: i forget but wasn't there a rythem/formula to g1 bionicle with like 6 heroes 6 bad guys 6 mini guys and 2-3 big sets? if so what happened to it?

That was Gen 1. All cards are yet on the table for Gen 2. While there are technically six villains this year, one or two of them don't seem to correspond to a specific element (LoSS and possibly Skull Grinder). Plus LoSS was in a different wave than the other five, which is already new. TLG may choose to not follow the Gen 1 pattern, which is fine.

I got Onua today (just missing Gali now) and I have to say he's probably my favourite redesign. I'm very impressed with how much they bulked him up. However, I have noticed that his gearbox is significantly stiffer than any of the other Toa and it's difficult to rotate his arms at times. I suspect this is due to the ball-socket connection on his right shoulder. Anybody else have this problem?

I got Onua today (just missing Gali now) and I have to say he's probably my favourite redesign. I'm very impressed with how much they bulked him up. However, I have noticed that his gearbox is significantly stiffer than any of the other Toa and it's difficult to rotate his arms at times. I suspect this is due to the ball-socket connection on his right shoulder. Anybody else have this problem?

That's so that he can lift his hammer. IMO, Gali's function works better (bought her today, great set)

Only gonna get better~

(once everybody agrees that the Vahi doesn't mean anything[/shot])

Only gonna get better~

(once everybody agrees that the Vahi doesn't mean anything[/shot])

As much as I hate to bring the Vahi up for discussion (especially after I tried to stop it just pages ago) it would be foolish to assume it's not the least bit suspect after the strange wording of the mini-movies and weird plot points. Weird plot points such as:

-Recurring Gen 1 Vahi. Not a plot point, but like it or not: it's the only serious reference to Gen 1 that has stuck around.

-Sleeping Beauty Ekimu whispering a prophecy after his fight with Makuta. How did Ekimu know of this prophecy, where did it come from, and how did he know it was true? And if it wasn't intentionally spoken by Ekimu, then why did that even happen?

-The Protectors used the Temple of Time to summon the Toa from seemingly nowhere, for all anyone knows they had been orbiting Okoto since the dawn of time (apparently they fell in comets)

-The wording of the narrator: "Who they really were remained a mystery, but it was their destiny to defeat evil and save the island!" (emphasis was actually in there in the episode)

There's almost certainly another "secret" in Gen 2. Even if it has nothing to do with the Vahi, or the guy at NYCC, or it's just a result of poor wording, you've got to admit that Gen 2 has something really weird going on with it.

I'm going to start translating some of the stuff in the episodes using the sheet a few dozen pages back, because it looks like no-one else has yet.

edit: Nevermind, language sheet is completely useless for translating the Okotan language. It doesn't feature all of the symbols of the language.

Also, endless mode in Mask of Creation is brutal.

edit 2: You can use any character in any level in Mask of Creation. That's kinda cool :P

Edited by Mandate

I had this when I first got onua, but it loosens up and becomes smoother after some use.

Got the shop catalog in the mail today. BIONICLE gets top billing, which hasn't happened in a while.

Got the shop catalog in the mail today. BIONICLE gets top billing, which hasn't happened in a while.

Good. Does it mean good sales?

For what it's worth,

In early February, my local Lego Store were out of Tahu and Kopaka for over a week.

My local Toys R Us was liquidated of stock in mid-January.

Both of my local Targets were out of the Toa several times throughout January and February.

It appears that Bionicle has been doing pretty good. The new generation of fans helps.

Edited by Penkid11

I don't know if the LEGO Group would even have any definitive sales info at this point in the year, less than three months after release. More likely this cover was planned in advance to tie in with the Hero Pack promotion this month.

It means they WANT it to sell well =P. There have been mixed reports on how well it's doing.

I'm not super worried, though. Constraction always does what it needs to do.

Honestly I was a little disappointed that bionicle only got a poster ( but it's pretty cool) in the newest club mag. I was kinda hoping for Lego to start making those bionicle comics we know and love. Really hope they get around to doing that

Honestly I was a little disappointed that bionicle only got a poster ( but it's pretty cool) in the newest club mag. I was kinda hoping for Lego to start making those bionicle comics we know and love. Really hope they get around to doing that

Speculating here: I think TLG wants to keep the story in the online animations/books. They likely don't want several different mediums of storytelling like we've had for Gen 1. While I agree that comic books would be cool, we're unlikely to see them again.

I just realized: when we get the books, will they reveal the names of the Protectors?! I hope they do, since I'm sick of people calling them by the Turaga names. :tongue:

Hard to imagine a novel covering twelve characters and only referring to half of them as "The Protector". Unless of course, it's 120 pages of Tahu-y goodness.

Edited by Mandate

Hard to imagine a novel covering twelve characters and only referring to half of them as "The Protector". Unless of course, it's 120 pages of Tahu-y goodness.

They'll probably dodge that bullet by calling them "the elder" or "the village chief " or something of the like.

They'll probably dodge that stud by calling them "the elder" or "the village chief " or something of the like.

Fixed that for you.

Still though, it's hard to imagine them doing even that six times.

Fixed that for you.

Still though, it's hard to imagine them doing even that six times.

Yeah....Unless, like you said, it's all about Tahu and POF. :grin: But, since I *hope* they'll center around all six Toa, I can't see them saying "The Protector of ______" every single time they mention a protector.

Also, I got Gali (and a Hero pack!) today, and I must say that she might be my favorite of the Toa. And also, I don't know how, but in some weird, robot way, she looks feminine.

ALSO: Would you guys suggest opening the Hero Pack, or leaving it sealed? I only have one at the moment, and I doubt my ability to get a second, so.......?

ALSO: Would you guys suggest opening the Hero Pack, or leaving it sealed? I only have one at the moment, and I doubt my ability to get a second, so.......?

Leave it sealed for the time being. You may be able to get one cheap off of eBay, but if all else fails you can give it to me I'd say open it. Enjoy it for what it is, don't let it just sit on a shelf collecting dust.

Do you want what's inside? Open it. It's your choice.

I'd say leave it sealed if you're planing on reselling it later on down the road, or if your want to keep all the contents in good shape for collection reasons. That's what I'm doing.