But not biomechanical children. They're BIONICLE, they're not 100% organic (unless we learn leater that the villagers and the Toa are 100% organic characters who wear armors), so the reproducing part is a bit weird.

Yeah, but the biomechanical part is pretty weird on its own... if anything, the fact that the characters can have actual families makes them feel more normal to me than classic BIONICLE characters in some respects.

We don't know exactly how they reproduce... but it's not like that's something a kids' series should necessarily need to go out of its way to explain.

Care to explain why the "bio-mechanical" part is weird? It makes sense more than anything. Back in G1, Toa, Matoran, Rahi, etc. were considered different forms of life.

And I don't think just a plain robot would be anything related to life.

Bio mechanical or not, I'm glad they can reproduce. The idea that the only way for new life to be made is through some crazed demigod building them is kinda creepy honestly. (Plus now huki x macku can live again)

Care to explain why the "bio-mechanical" part is weird? It makes sense more than anything. Back in G1, Toa, Matoran, Rahi, etc. were considered different forms of life.

And I don't think just a plain robot would be anything related to life.

When I say "weird" I don't mean that it doesn't make sense. It makes plenty of sense for the characters and universe. But it's something that makes the characters that much more strange and alien than if they were JUST living creatures or JUST robots.

That's not meant as a criticism, just to indicate that people who can deal with that concept in the first place are probably prepared to deal with a bit of additional weirdness. After all, there isn't really any answer to the question of "where do these biomechanical characters come from" that ISN'T weird in one way or another.

But not biomechanical children. They're BIONICLE, they're not 100% organic (unless we learn leater that the villagers and the Toa are 100% organic characters who wear armors), so the reproducing part is a bit weird.

They could be both completely organic and biomechanical, sort of like tortoises, only with the chitin making up bones and pistons and what-not. I'm not certain how such a thing would come about evolutionarily, but it's not impossible. It could also be the result of genetic engineering.

For what it's worth, in MNOG, the mining head-honcho describes the impenetrable layer of "rock" as akin to a crab's shell.

If you ask me, biomechanical organisms are always cellular based. They aren't made of actual metal, but their cells have evolved to take on the appearance of such materials.

So reproduction just works in the same way or in a similar fashion to people (and animals for that matter).

Oh. Forgot to mention. On a different note: nothing to report at my local TRU.

Edited by Kalhiki

They could be both completely organic and biomechanical, sort of like tortoises, only with the chitin making up bones and pistons and what-not. I'm not certain how such a thing would come about evolutionarily, but it's not impossible. It could also be the result of genetic engineering.

For what it's worth, in MNOG, the mining head-honcho describes the impenetrable layer of "rock" as akin to a crab's shell.

this is what ive been saying about toa/matoran in G1 bonkle for years. :'D

Edited by Kingriedak

Bio mechanical or not, I'm glad they can reproduce. The idea that the only way for new life to be made is through some crazed demigod building them is kinda creepy honestly. (Plus now huki x macku can live again)

Yeah....Matoran birth always creeped me out.....At least they do feel more normal now.

Also, I've been thinking: could the "Legend" video be lying to us, like how Vakama lied about the story in MOL?

Oh, and that video also says that they make Masks of Power, referring to Protector masks. Do they have masks powers now?

Edited by LN-01354

Hey everyone! Today, I just received my order during Black Friday weekend from LEGO Shop@Home. With it, free in the box, was a BIONICLE 2015 promotional poster. It's a much smaller version of the one given away at NYCC, with the picture of the battle for the Mask of Creation on one side, and the same short blurb (Otoko misspelling and all) on the back. Has anyone else gotten this? I'm very happy to have it!

I went to my local Toys R Us today, and like Kalhiki, found, alas, no Bonkles. The only 2015 sets I noticed were in the City line.

For what it's worth, the staff wasn't even aware that the store would soon be stocking BIONICLEs (I was told that "we don't carry them anymore.")

I am personally not going to go through the hassle of trying to slip in during broken street dates, and if I were I certainly wouldn't be checking this early (probably closer to the 15th-19th). I'm simply going to wait until the 1st, call up the Lego Store to reserve a handful of sets, and have a nice evening in the city. I have waited a few years and I can still wait a handful more days.

I am personally not going to go through the hassle of trying to slip in during broken street dates, and if I were I certainly wouldn't be checking this early (probably closer to the 15th-19th). I'm simply going to wait until the 1st, call up the Lego Store to reserve a handful of sets, and have a nice evening in the city. I have waited a few years and I can still wait a handful more days.

I'll check when ever I have free time, that's the fun part. its like treasure hunting.

I've come to terms with the fact that they may not be out in time for Christmas. It'll just make me all the happier if they do break the street date.

Something I was just wondering about. A lot of people have noticed discrepancies between the mask names of Lewa and the Protector of Jungle and the mask names of the other Toa and Protectors. Instead of "Mask of {Element}", "Golden Mask of {Element}", and "Protector Mask of {Element}", these masks are called "Jungle Mask", "Golden Jungle Mask", and "Protector Jungle Mask".

It's easy to dismiss these differences as errors, but the fact that this discrepancy affects all of the Jungle-related masks but not any masks of other elements leads me to wonder... do you think these names might be glimpses of a new version of treespeak?

It's easy to dismiss these differences as errors, but the fact that this discrepancy affects all of the Jungle-related masks but not any masks of other elements leads me to wonder... do you think these names might be glimpses of a new version of treespeak?

I hope not. Never really like treespeak all that much. However, MNOG-style treespeak was the best, so if it returns in that way I don't think I'll have too much of a problem with it.

Oh, and Onua has appeared on the TRU website. Still can't order anything, though.

I hope not. Never really like treespeak all that much. However, MNOG-style treespeak was the best, so if it returns in that way I don't think I'll have too much of a problem with it.

Oh, and Onua has appeared on the TRU website. Still can't order anything, though.

Yep, was just about to post about Onua.

Calling it now: They'll be available to order once they all appear. Mark. My. Words.

Also: Buddy that works at TRU wasn't really able to find anything outside of the website listings which concerns me. Lego seems to be holding firm to the January 1st date (At least in stores). Probably so Bionicle will add to the Q1 financial reports for 2015.

"Element Mask" sounds a lot more informal than "Mask of Element", IMO. Not treespeak, but I suppose it's a reference to it.