Looking at the Stone and Water Protector's yet again, I have a feeling the new heads are going to be very similar to HF's 2.0 heads.

As long as they can hold a position well and doesn't give over time, I'll be happy with whatever method they use.

Although I would prefer a cross axle but that's just me.

Eh, I don't really mind what we get, as long as we get our Bonkles back I'll be happy :tongue:

Also, you know what I want most of all merchandising-wise? Duvet covers :grin:24/7 Bonkles for me

Edited by AyliffeMakit

Eh, I don't really mind what we get, as long as we get our Bonkles back I'll be happy :tongue:

Also, you know what I want most of all merchandising-wise? Duvet covers :grin:24/7 Bonkles for me

We need posters too! ^^

Edited by Anexcuse

Is the Guurahk thingy on Kopaka and Pohatu maybe a placeholder?

More than likely, since the molds were apparently buried under a car park.

More than likely, since the molds were apparently buried under a car park.

...what for? Wouldn't it be a much better idea to use them for new molds or something? Not needing something doesn't mean that you should throw it away.

Okay. I have come to the conclusion that we will either see boxes or Canisters.

Simple reason is, is that if they were bags, would they not have the little holes for hooks to go though at the top?

You know, like every single bagged set ever?

The preliminary pics definitely look like shaped cardboard boxes. But then again, the key word here is preliminary.

...what for? Wouldn't it be a much better idea to use them for new molds or something? Not needing something doesn't mean that you should throw it away.

Depends on the condition of the mold. Once a mold has been used enough times, it wears out and will no longer be able to provide parts that meet the LEGO Group's standard of quality. A great example is this part from the first batch of Exo-Suit sets. As the designer explained on Reddit, it's the exact same steel mold that had been in use since the 80s, and as such its clutch power was not very strong. The LEGO Group has finally created a new mold to replace it (presumably still with the same design). Not sure if parts cast from the new mold have started showing up in sets yet, though.

When a mold is worn out or if the LEGO Group otherwise wants to discontinue the mold permanently, their standard policy has traditionally been to encase it in the concrete foundations of a new building to prevent other companies from stealing it and using it to produce their own LEGO knock-offs. But if a mold is still usable and hasn't been retired for some quality reason (like I'm sure a lot of old parts with fragile ball cups might have been), then it's generally just put into storage. That might be the case with this part. It's only been used in five sets, after all. Also, truth be told, there aren't a lot of more recent parts that are really ideal for use as a symmetrical spearhead. And it would have been cheaper to pull an older mold out of storage than to introduce a brand-new one.

It's also entirely possible to introduce a new mold that has the exact same design as a retired part. But I doubt that is the case here, because doing so would be about as expensive as introducing an entirely new design, and it's not like the old design is one that people are incredibly nostalgic for.

Edited by Aanchir

I don't think so. Their shoulders are mounted behind their torso beam via Technic rather than attached straight to it, and if they stuck out that far from the torso we'd be able to see them more clearly. I honestly think all of the Toa except for Onua use 90626 (the 7x9 torso beam).

Edited by Aanchir

I don't think so. Their shoulders are mounted behind their torso beam via Technic rather than attached straight to it, and if they stuck out that far from the torso we'd be able to see them more clearly. I honestly think all of the Toa except for Onua use 90626 (the 7x9 torso beam).

Good to know. and I agree with you... :tongue:

Ha, I just noticed the new piston plating looks just like the original torso from 2001-2003, only upside down (most of the time) Someone's probably noticed that already, though.

Edited by JayWalker

I don't know if this has been brought up, but has Greg F been confirmed as a writer for the reboot/continuation?

He's only a consultant. He won't be writing anything.

No canisters, not very environment-friendly. Most likely cramped boxes or bags again.

i've heard this again and again..

the bags aren't exactly that friendly to the environment either, because most people just toss them in the trash bin anyway.

the bags aren't exactly that friendly to the environment either, because most people just toss them in the trash bin anyway.

I actually tried running a poll on what different people do with their packaging, and the numbers somewhat confirmed the idea that most people throw away bags, recycle boxes, and keep canisters. It makes sense that not as many people recycle the bags, because they have the least recyclable recycle code.

However, this is only after removing the vast results of people that keep everything like hoarders, which I think is still bad for the environment.

You're thinking backwards- they're friendlier to the environment because they use less plastic to make. They have a lower footprint during production. So even if no one recycles them, by switching from canisters to the bags, TLG has lowered their carbon footprint and that is good for the environment.

You're thinking backwards- they're friendlier to the environment because they use less plastic to make. They have a lower footprint during production. So even if no one recycles them, by switching from canisters to the bags, TLG has lowered their carbon footprint and that is good for the environment.

So, if we strongly support canisters could LEGO find a cheaper way to make them?

So, if we strongly support canisters could LEGO find a cheaper way to make them?

Economic cost and carbon footprint are not remotely the same thing. Canisters are wasteful and damaging to the environment, full stop. If LEGO discovers a way to reduce the carbon footprint of high-quality injection-molded plastic, they'll do that for their actual bricks long before they think about doing it for packaging.

If people are willing to throw away a pouch that's more useful for storage than canisters in pretty much every way, then I agree that LEGO should stop making them. There's no need to spend money on fancy resealable packaging that people aren't sensible enough to use or appreciate. But that doesn't mean that it would be better for LEGO to invest in packaging that is both more expensive and less environmentally friendly. Not when LEGO has made such great strides in packaging that is good for the environment, and is even experimenting with ways to do the same with the bricks themselves.

Can anybody here confirm whether this year's Speedorz packages are resealable/collapsible? Sadly I can't find any reviews of this year's Speedorz that describes their packaging in detail, which is odd since that's one of the sets' most distinctive differences from last year's awful blister packages. They look like they might be both, and in that case, something like that would be ideal for BIONICLE. It'd have most of the same advantages as the Hero Factory pouches (completely collapsible, perpetually reusable unless damaged, printed graphics on every surface, eye-grabbing shape), but people with an irrational disdain for soft packaging might be either more willing to keep them or better able to recycle them.

Something else to keep in mind: the original reason LEGO started doing canisters for the RoboRiders theme was that they had an ambitious idea of distributing the sets in vending machines. I don't think they ever actually ended up doing this, so part of the purpose the canisters were supposed to serve never even came to fruition in the first place.

Edited by Aanchir