4 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

With the black curved panels of the fenders from 42070 we might soon be able to build an all black Porsche GT3 RS.

I would like that a lot! :grin: I think all that we need is the special panels that go above the wheels - but we will have purple ones...

6 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

That's awesome, i live nearby Gaggenau. There's a testing field we sometimes go to race our RC cars :laugh:

But now back on Topic:

With the black curved panels of the fenders from 42070 we might soon be able to build an all black Porsche GT3 RS :sweet:

Unfortunately my father got back to jugoslavia where everyone wo respects western world is prpagated to be a fascist, and today is more or less the same. Father often talks about 24-7 testing procedures, so I have this incurable disease called Unimog in me :sweet:

(That is why I'm finishing my U423 which has its own tread here...)

When I first saw black Porsche my first thoughts were - really cool. I'm part of minority that actually like black Porsche that in orange. Probably in my subconscious is first elfer turbo generation. Question is only which black panels are we still missing?

Perhaps in new violet color it would be nice.

Wait a minute; Unimog, classic Porsche uh, I'm old(timer) 

:cry2:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I'm part of minority that actually like black Porsche

Along with me! :tongue:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Question is only which black panels are we still missing?

Like I said before, I think the only panels we are missing are the special ones above the wheels.

4 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Along with me! :tongue:

Like I said before, I think the only panels we are missing are the special ones above the wheels.

Hm, orange ones in 2016, violet in 2017, who knows in what color they make them next (2018) year? :look:

Just now, I_Igor said:

what color they make them next (2018) year

If i remember the color wheel from elementary correctly the third would be green :sick:

On 20/7/2017 at 4:22 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

I should rephrase: I dining know until recently. Of course I read your review!

I thought it wasn't rare because I have eight:grin:

They are usually €3 or more each!

I got #62462 in PDG: 62462.jpg

I got #2825 in White brand new: 2825.jpg

I got #6857 in the ultra rare White colour, second hand....for very cheap, got 10 of them :-)

6587.jpg

I got #32333 brand new + several other parts used in 8461

32333.jpg

2825 is rare in White? I have a bunch! Those other parts you have are cool. Anyway, back on topic. 

Edited by TechnicRCRacer
Wrong part number

4 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

6857 is rare in White? I have a bunch! Those other parts you have are cool. Anyway, back on topic. 

Only available in one set, and has a bunch of other parts unique to the set...colour wise:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=8009-1

#32054 is ultra rare in White as well: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=32054&colorID=1&in=A

Edited by Richard Dower

7 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

If i remember the color wheel from elementary correctly the third would be green :sick:

Well your Emoticon describes it well, but I have some green mocs, so sometimes green is desired...but I think there is all that I need in green in my Inventory. :wink:

Does any have, or have seen, pics etc. - part #6558 in White?

6558.png

Btw...Part #32333 in talked about above, i got brand new in the rare Trans Clear colour, its in a few old Technic sets.

I'm just gonna mention that these things are back in in orange

6143033.jpg

EDIT: 15 appear in this set for some reason. I already have 17 of 'em, but I'll surely get more when they're "back in stock" on Bricks and Pieces in about 8 months.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

would be a nice piece to use for colour coding

Yah, I use the orange ones specifically for securing PF parts when prototyping so I know exactly what to pull to remove / swap motors and such.

Edited by Gnac

On 6/30/2017 at 11:58 AM, HallBricks said:

A new tire introduced with the Creator expert London bus looks interesting and is probably useful for smaller scale technic MOCs.mnym

On 6/30/2017 at 0:28 PM, Ivan_M said:

It is only new tread, otherwise it is similar to 56898: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=56898#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11}

But I agree it looks better. I would rather see thin 49,5mm tires

Just in case it didn't appear here, @Sariel's review revived that these tires are solid rubber. Therefore they're the same as 56898, not a narrower version of 44309.

I've always thought that this 18654.png is useless, other than for decoration, or to fill in spaces that could otherwise be filled with bushes. Other than that the use of this would waste an otherwise useful pin connection point.

Not anymore - I finally found a place that this piece fits perfectly well, and no other pieces can take its place - to strengthen the old differential, as follows (in red):

640x326.jpg

Apparently, the old differential and this 1L pin connector seemed to have been made for each other!! :laugh:

25 minutes ago, PorkyMonster said:

to strengthen the old differential

I always used two half bushes in this place. Do they work in a similar way as you described?

1 hour ago, schraubedrin said:

I always used two half bushes in this place. Do they work in a similar way as you described?

Not as well. Two movements that cause the 3 half-bevel gears to increase in gaps are undesirable here - (1) that of the half-bevel gears sliding along the axles, and (2) the axles themselves independently and relative to the differential casing. Two half bushes can fix (1), but not (2), whereas the 1L pin connector can fix both problems.

Edited by PorkyMonster

5 hours ago, PorkyMonster said:

I finally found a place that this piece fits perfectly well, and no other pieces can take its place - to strengthen the old differential, as follows (in red):

It's a really great idea, well done! Now the all bevel gears are secured, including the middle one. I suppose that this combination is even stronger than a new differential.

I just spotted a variant of the 2L worm gear, it exists in only one set, the 2017 city Cargo Terminal

The part ID is 32905 and can be found here: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32905#T=C&C=11

I was wondering if this variant has any differences to the regular, well known 2L worm gear? Does anybody have any for comparison?

Differences, for example more friction in the axle hole, or slightly different teeth.

Regards, Snipe

Edited by SNIPE

On 6/21/2017 at 3:05 PM, Void_S said:

Just discovered that a new City set 60169 Cargo Terminal contains a new mold type for a well-known 2L worm gear: 32905, with only two internal "teeth" like in a half-bush.  So, it's clear that we will have a two worm gears - 2L and 1L (without shortly discontinued 3L). Did anyone face it? I suppose that it should have no friction as well...

<image>

@SNIPE, at least is has a slightly less plastic )

13 hours ago, PorkyMonster said:

Apparently, the old differential and this 1L pin connector seemed to have been made for each other!! :laugh:

I recently did this and I agree, it fits great.

15 hours ago, PorkyMonster said:

I've always thought that this

is useless, other than for decoration, or to fill in spaces that could otherwise be filled with bushes. Other than that the use of this would waste an otherwise useful pin connection point.

Not anymore - I finally found a place that this piece fits perfectly well, and no other pieces can take its place - to strengthen the old differential, as follows (in red):

Ingenius idea :thumbup:

On 8/3/2017 at 6:14 AM, PorkyMonster said:

Only problem is you can't see if the axles are centered perfectly but the UV joints or axle connectors will stop anyway.

Another trick which is possible is to squeeze 4 inner gears in the differential and they don't fall out. There is a knack to doing it though.