Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day One - Blurred Lines

I want to say Stickfig/Cyclops because he voted for me, but he hasn't really done anything suspicious.

I initially entertained the idea of Lazy Chicken/Joker; simply for the "Why so serious" in the introduction-but that was Dr. Def and we can't lynch him.

Goliath/Spider-Man is annoying.(but that is my take as a highschool teacher-I have students like him)

I really, really want to vote for Jamesn/Furry-too many bad furry experiences at my last Con.

I am still thinking. I have been re-reading. Seeing the body of work is different-something is bothering me, but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Even though I directed the question to Mencot (he still hasn't answered) you made it as if me questioning why you and him think Scaevola and Lord Duvors is similar to you defending Mencot the first hours of the game to the point of accusing of scum. Maybe you wouldn't seem so scummy if you hadn't accused anyone for pointless reasons (and trying to make it as if Xenophobic was "planting the seeds of the doubt"), but I'm still voting for you. And no, I would think you would be in a lockstep in the thread. In that you are quite right.

By the way, if you were just twisting my words for the lolz then I don't find that quite town like.

I accused people of being scum because they were either completely oblivious or were deliberately confusing the town; I fail to see why those are pointless reasons. Also, where does Day One get without accusations?

If you think that scum are in lockstep in-thread, that's just plain wrong.

I can understand where your coming from, but you defending Goliath seems odd. His claim against Lind Whisperer was baseless, he was basically trying to get something where there wasn't any, and his general attitude of doing nothing and seeing what happens is generally anti-town.

I wasn't defending Goliath, I was defending against a baseless bandwagon. But I wasn't sure it was baseless, so I went thru everything he'd said to see if there was support for a vote. I made comments pro and con, decided there really wasn't anything lynchable yet. Add that to the fact that day 1 is almost always wrong, and I see no reason to vote for him yet.

I want to say Stickfig/Cyclops because he voted for me, but he hasn't really done anything suspicious.

I initially entertained the idea of Lazy Chicken/Joker; simply for the "Why so serious" in the introduction-but that was Dr. Def and we can't lynch him.

Goliath/Spider-Man is annoying.(but that is my take as a highschool teacher-I have students like him)

I really, really want to vote for Jamesn/Furry-too many bad furry experiences at my last Con.

I am still thinking. I have been re-reading. Seeing the body of work is different-something is bothering me, but I can't put my finger on it yet.

I appreciate you not voting based on personal feelings. We need FACTS here instead of all the fighting that usually happens in these things. Lock a bunch of people in a room together and it's crazy how fast they turn on each other....

I accused people of being scum because they were either completely oblivious or were deliberately confusing the town; I fail to see why those are pointless reasons. Also, where does Day One get without accusations?

100% on both of these points. The scum will go out of their way to not appear to be working together, duh. And I agree that those who were denying the possibility of a miller AFTER THE INTRO SPECIFICALLY CALLED OUT THE NORMAL ROLES are good targets. Either scum trying to confuse people OR bad townies. I suspect it's the latter (why does the scum need to do much of anything on day 1???) and that's the only reason my vote isn't on them. Even a bad townie can hopefully improve.

If you want to vote someone that is confusing then I suggest you vote for Goliath (although Lord Duvors hasn't really done anything useful, so...). And I as I said before, it can't get anywhere with pointless accusations that don't have actual facts.

Sorry, that was a typo too. I meant to say that you were right in the fact that scum wouldn't be in lockstep.

I wasn't defending Goliath, I was defending against a baseless bandwagon. But I wasn't sure it was baseless, so I went thru everything he'd said to see if there was support for a vote. I made comments pro and con, decided there really wasn't anything lynchable yet. Add that to the fact that day 1 is almost always wrong, and I see no reason to vote for him yet.

I'm not arguing that the bandwagon against Goliath isn't the strongest, but it's the best we have. At absolute worst, we get rid of a single person who is receiving too much focus if he is a townie.

100% on both of these points. The scum will go out of their way to not appear to be working together, duh. And I agree that those who were denying the possibility of a miller AFTER THE INTRO SPECIFICALLY CALLED OUT THE NORMAL ROLES are good targets. Either scum trying to confuse people OR bad townies. I suspect it's the latter (why does the scum need to do much of anything on day 1???) and that's the only reason my vote isn't on them. Even a bad townie can hopefully improve.

True points.

On a side note, it would be rather interesting if both you and/or Jamesn were scum, verbally agreeing that scum wouldn't work together because "that would be too obvious", while in fact doing that exact thing.

Not saying you are, just saying it would be interesting.

Hmm, Panda-man seems to be overly active in defending himself, I am considering changing my vote from SpiderMan to him. He seems to jump at any chance he gets to accuse people, while still fervently defending himself.

By the way, I still think Goliath is a really unuseful townie, If you're voting for him cause you think he's scum, I suggest you try to reconsider. But if you just want to get rid of an unuseful townie then that's your problem.

I would say that Goliath is worse that un-useful, he is hurting the town. Not only was he throwing baseless accusations around, he seems to give no helpful advice. I don't think he is scum, or he wouldn't have been so obvious, but it could be that he is indeed scum, and that this is just a noob mistake on his part.

Well if he's hurting the town he can't be good so we may as well Lynch him. But I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons all the time, so I'm going to wait until he can defend himself.

I also think that Dr Def is Scum. Vote Speedy! :tongue:

On a side note, it would be rather interesting if both you and/or Jamesn were scum, verbally agreeing that scum wouldn't work together because "that would be too obvious", while in fact doing that exact thing.

Not saying you are, just saying it would be interesting.

Oh, so trying to slyly accuse us of being scum buddies huh?

I would say that Goliath is worse that un-useful, he is hurting the town. Not only was he throwing baseless accusations around, he seems to give no helpful advice. I don't think he is scum, or he wouldn't have been so obvious, but it could be that he is indeed scum, and that this is just a noob mistake on his part.

You know, everyone keeps saying that he threw baseless accusations around, but he did actually give reasons for the names he accused. Frankly, that's more than most of the people here have done. (yes, including me). So why all the Goliath hatred? Seems like it's the usual scum tactic of wait for one person to get a little attention on themselves and then just fan the flames as needed to keep the fight going.

Oh, so trying to slyly accuse us of being scum buddies huh?

I suppose, slightly.

I'm also trying to remind everyone that anyone could be scum, and to not rely on any one person's suggestions.

In regards as to my feelings towards your leanings, you have not given enough data for me to make a definitive case. You seem townish, but you could be quietly standing in the sidelines commenting. Of course, I could be doing the same myself, just slightly more vocally.

Day 1 paranoia. It's not a good game of Mafia without a helping serving of it.

You know, everyone keeps saying that he threw baseless accusations around, but he did actually give reasons for the names he accused. Frankly, that's more than most of the people here have done. (yes, including me). So why all the Goliath hatred? Seems like it's the usual scum tactic of wait for one person to get a little attention on themselves and then just fan the flames as needed to keep the fight going.

I would like to point out here that although he did give a reason for his distrust for me, his basis for this reason was non-existent. He claimed I had made a post I didn't, and multiple people including myself called him on it.

^healthy serving, not a helping serving.

We really need a way to edit out spelling/typing mistakes...

I appreciate you not voting based on personal feelings. We need FACTS here instead of all the fighting that usually happens in these things. Lock a bunch of people in a room together and it's crazy how fast they turn on each other....

The only thing we know as of right now in terms of claims is that Gandalf's is a miller. Seeing as how we need to lynch someone, who would you vote for if you had to this very moment, mostlytechnic? I don't ask this out of ill intent, I'm just trying to figure out where your coming from, because...

His attitude and his accusation that Lind had accused our resident furry of being scum when he didn't seemed really off. I haven't really accused anyone but Goliath because I was observing his rather secretive way of getting to things and his general opinion of the town being docile and not getting anywhere. His idea of "letting the scum show themselves" was not only rather anti-town, but the moment the fire was put under him, he simply stated "it's my opinion, deal with it" and hasn't said a word since! Not even to defend himself! He may be asleep, but I'd like to hear more from him. The fact he back pedalled his own thesis of catching scum seems really off to me. Although I'm slightly suspicious of our sexual harassment panda jamesn, I'm less certain about him than I am about Goliath. The only way to get facts is to question and confront people, something jamesn's been doing at the least.

Errr... I have no clue who to vote for here, and I don't have anything constructive to say, so I'll just... sit back for the moment.

I'm going to

Vote: Stinky Dave (piratedave84)

(OT: how comes he's the only one that gets an alternate name? The rest of us aren't cool enough?)

For being half-way through day 1, he's been strangely quiet. Here's the sum total of his contributions to the day:

I say it' be quite early in the game to be fishing!

And why might You be' interested in the bat-person's vote after only a few minutes?

This was in response to someone asking who someone else would vote for, early in the day. Seems like a legit question.

I have to say that filtering all the nonsense and irrelevant talk has given me a headache.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about what's supposed or not supposed to happen or how it's supposed to happen. Don't take the fact that this is mafia school to mean that we may not see a miller or an SK.

Discussing the game mechanics or the possible roles gives us nothing and takes away from pertinent talk.

I'm ready to believe the miller claim for now; it's the best thing to do, claim early & be upfront.

Suspect-wise, I have to say that my list is quite long for today.

So then skip ahead 6 pages of fluff, miller debate, and fighting. And this is all he had to say about all that. Things that others had already said and a vague mention of his suspect list with nothing more about it.

Seems like he's trying to just hide and be ignored, so I'm calling him out on it.

Damn, everyone's been voting against me, of course that is no surprise to me anyway.

So I went through to see what everyone's said and I'll do my best to respond to the few things that stood out to me.

I think this is an interesting exchange, because by my count, XenoMono is the most talkative person so far, and Goliath seems to have pointed the finger a bit.

The reason I said who I believed could be bad is because everyone seemed to ask who I thought. Of course we'll point our fingers towards someone but I get an edgy feeling on those people specifically. I might not be the sharpest pencil in the case but I can still be useful.

Honestly, not sure how I'd respond to that other than thanks, I guess? You really shouldn't just come out and say, in my honest opinion, that I'm straight up annoying. I'm sure everyone else would agree with you on that but seriously, could say it in a different way next time? It's not that it's your opinion that's bothering me it's just the way you said it.

Anyways, it seems like everyone wants me dead but if I do get lynched, I will have the last laugh and it reminds me of the story I read, "The Tale of King Yunan and Duban the Doctor" that karma does play a major factor. But if I do get spared, you guys could be spared. Sure, I'll probably get stabbed but hey, I would still prefer to survive at least one night. I may sound suspicious with this analogy I'm trying to make but if I were a serial killer, I wouldn't try to make an analogy or wouldn't respond to anything but nonetheless, everyone's entitled to their opinion but I thank those who haven't voted against me.

Before I make myself look like a complete idiot, I'll just put my vote.

Vote: jamesn (jamesn)

I've also got a quick question I think I should have asked earlier but is this similar to the online game "Town of Salem"? It's an online game that is kind of similar to this in my opinion. Need a check on that if possible.

The reason I said who I believed could be bad is because everyone seemed to ask who I thought. Of course we'll point our fingers towards someone but I get an edgy feeling on those people specifically. I might not be the sharpest pencil in the case but I can still be useful.

Everyone asked who you thought was bad because you kept going on about that you suspected some people!

On second thoughts... I'm voting for Goliath, because he's annoying. And that's really the best reason you can get on the first day... unless someone tells you that they are scum... but no one is that stupid.

Vote: Goliath

Anyways, it seems like everyone wants me dead but if I do get lynched, I will have the last laugh and it reminds me of the story I read, "The Tale of King Yunan and Duban the Doctor" that karma does play a major factor. But if I do get spared, you guys could be spared.

The only way that you could fulfill all of those requirements is if you're a Doctor. And to be honest, I'm more inclined to view this as a last minute resort.

Sure, I'll probably get stabbed but hey, I would still prefer to survive at least one night. I may sound suspicious with this analogy I'm trying to make...

You sound less "suspicious", more "trying to get out of a steadily growing lynch bandwagon."

...but if I were a serial killer, I wouldn't try to make an analogy or wouldn't respond to anything but nonetheless, everyone's entitled to their opinion but I thank those who haven't voted against me.

At what point did anyone say you were a serial killer? *huh*

Everyone asked who you thought was bad because you kept going on about that you suspected some people!

But it pisses me off when people are basically saying "Durr... uhhh... he's pointing his fingers DURR...!". Obviously I'm going to say who I think could be bad but after reading through everything again, I think Lind Whisperer and Cutcobra could be good guys. And clearly I'm the easiest scapegoat because I'm expressing my opinion, not in the best way but I didn't know we were in China. So if you guys want to kill me off, that's fine, but I know my role and am new to the game so I'm not a very deceptive person but maybe shady. all I know is this "game" experience has been the worst and it's filled with quite a bit of you-know-whats that starts with "a" and ends with "es".

So, whatever, do what you people want, I don't even care at this point.

At what point did anyone say you were a serial killer? *huh*

I thought that a serial killer was really the only bad role?

Before I make myself look like a complete idiot, I'll just put my vote.

Vote: jamesn (jamesn)

Gonna give any reason behind that vote?

On second thoughts... I'm voting for Goliath, because he's annoying. And that's really the best reason you can get on the first day... unless someone tells you that they are scum... but no one is that stupid.

Vote: Goliath

Two things. First, vote format is wrong. Depends on the game moderator, but some would not count that as a vote. Second, are you a freakin' moron? Voting for Goliath after he basically claimed to be the town doctor? I mean, I'm not sure it was far enough along yet to make such a claim, but still, your vote against him under the circumstances is almost enough to make me switch my vote onto you.

But it pisses me off when people are basically saying "Durr... uhhh... he's pointing his fingers DURR...!". Obviously I'm going to say who I think could be bad but after reading through everything again, I think Lind Whisperer and Cutcobra could be good guys. And clearly I'm the easiest scapegoat because I'm expressing my opinion, not in the best way but I didn't know we were in China. So if you guys want to kill me off, that's fine, but I know my role and am new to the game so I'm not a very deceptive person but maybe shady. all I know is this "game" experience has been the worst and it's filled with quite a bit of you-know-whats that starts with "a" and ends with "es".

I thought that a serial killer was really the only bad role?

Uh...no, you could just be a scum. Which people have been saying. At no point did anyone say anything about you being a serial killer. You're the only one who's brought that idea up...

I'm not trying to add more to your bandwagon here. I am, though, merely saying that Freudian slips are a fascinating subject...

I know this is new to you, but seriously, nothing's happening to you that's out of the normal for day 1. So calm down there and play the game. Yep, you might get lynched day 1 for crappy reasons (assuming your not-so-subtle claim is true and you're a loyal townie) but someone has to be the day 1 victim... and frankly, at this point you're pretty much dead because if you are what you claim and the lynch shifts to someone else, the scum will kill you tonight since you can't protect yourself.

Two things. First, vote format is wrong. Depends on the game moderator, but some would not count that as a vote. Second, are you a freakin' moron? Voting for Goliath after he basically claimed to be the town doctor? I mean, I'm not sure it was far enough along yet to make such a claim, but still, your vote against him under the circumstances is almost enough to make me switch my vote onto you.

Just out of curiosity, would there be any reason for a doctor to wait until he's about to be band-wagoned before he says that he's a doctor? It seems rather a hastily contrived escape attempt... Also, are healing modifiers normal in a basic Mafia School setting?

And as just a general reminder to everyone, being a Doctor is not an all-powerful role. If he is a Doctor, he can only save a maximum of one person per night - and that's without any modifiers(all of which make that chance smaller.).

Goliath, your makin things worse for yourself. It's day 1, and it's highly likely your not scum. But you just keep poking out there and getting defensive. With the absence of an obvious scum lynch, your making yourself the next best option. There's still time to defend yourself, but as of now:

vote: Goliath (Goliath)

Just out of curiosity, would there be any reason for a doctor to wait until he's about to be band-wagoned before he says that he's a doctor? It seems rather a hastily contrived escape attempt... Also, are healing modifiers normal in a basic Mafia School setting?

And as just a general reminder to everyone, being a Doctor is not an all-powerful role. If he is a Doctor, he can only save a maximum of one person per night - and that's without any modifiers(all of which make that chance smaller.).

Oh, and Goliath, if you are the doctor please give us a reason not to lynch you. A shadowy claim, late in a bandwagon typically is not well received as it appears desperate.

Yes, doctor is a normal role. And there's every reason in the world to keep it secret - he's now a massive scum kill target for tonight, duh! Like I said, he's a gonner for sure now. Either we lynch him or the scum will kill him overnight.

Goliath, your makin things worse for yourself. It's day 1, and it's highly likely your not scum. But you just keep poking out there and getting defensive. With the absence of an obvious scum lynch, your making yourself the next best option. There's still time to defend yourself, but as of now:

I don't understand this vote. You admit he's probably not scum, but you vote against him anyway, and what would you expect a townie getting lynched to do? Give up and quit? No, they SHOULD fight and argue to the end, trying to save themselves.