Sign in to follow this  
markus1984

[SoNE Episode V] The Invasion begins

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi guys,

This is my first challange build for SoNE.

The Story so far....

PartI "Join the Empire by markus1984

PartII "Recruitmant by Disco86

PartIII "Swearing in" by markus1984

PartIV "Recruitment" by Disco86

PartV "Last firing exercise" by markus1984

PartVI "Invasion Preparation" by Disco86

Challangebuild EpisodeV - Secret Plan "The Invasion Begins"

After the two have seen the hangar with all the ships they were only aware of what this mission for proportions!

How could it be otherwise, the two come just in time so that they catch the last delta ClassDX9 transporter.

The only thing was Paul can say under the fast run was a snide remark why markus always takes so long for his hairstyle.

14409859421_bddb30b88e_b.jpg

14411931322_2bdae76a69.jpg14413217455_18c1f7c164.jpg

14226774287_ba278a0eac.jpg14226610338_f5738cfd04.jpg

Now the Endor Mission starts!

on flickr you found the complete Album.

cya

markus

PS: Sorry Paul that i need one week more for the MOC! But you know that my Bricklink order was doesnt ship.

Fantastisch!

This scene is with all it's details one of the most amazing I've ever seen. The ships are very cool and interesting and ... there are two!

Keep up with good work!

Very cool. I really like the way you finished out the columns on the walls (the point where they touch the floor is perfect). Is the interior of the transport finished out? And do you have more pics of the smaller ships flying towards Endor?

Do you dismantle your creations time after you take the pictures or do you simply have a limitless amount of bricks (and space)? because they are all huge and amazing, worth keeping them around for a while, I could actually believe you could build the interiors of an entire star destroyer at the right scale and if all your builds were kept together that would mean that the thing would be huge.

Hurray! Now that's what I want to see! Keep up the good work, soldiers!

The lighting could maybe use a little work, but the ships themselves are really terrific, as everyone keeps saying.

Wow, that's really nice! Those Ewok scum better watch out, they're no match for the Empire! (Episode 6 notwithstanding)

I love that you found a "legal" way to have the troopers carry their helmets :grin: And the design of your transports is perfect!

This is one of my favourite entries so far, you’ve set the bar very high! I particularly like the planet in the background, with the smaller ships heading towards it, a great finishing touch :wub:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Great hangar. Especially these transport ships are so accurate. Tried to copy one in my entry and it was a huge investemtn in parts and time. Love them, with there angles.

The hangar itself is shiny like your builds before, these reflection on the black floor are really cool. The microscale in the background is the dot on the "i" (Nobody says that in english :laugh: )

Edited by Disco86

Very nice build, I think I got used to your MOCs being shot so that the edges are not seen. One question though, how do you end them? Does it have smoothed edges or does it just continue out of scope and end with some studs? Because when I tried something similar in my pirate builds for comics, I always ended building far more than necessary or having an unbuilt corner in the images ...

Anyway, plenty of stuff to like, great details on the walls again and the micro part with the planet is also cool. The ships have plenty of tiny gaps, but I guess that's as good as it gets if you're trying to build them completly studless. And there's also some anti-studs visible at the front of the thrusters ;) But I know how hard it is to pull that one off, I tried building an AT-ST for this mission and just gave up ...

Fantastic hangar, it looks like a hangar from the original three Star Wars movies.

The forced perspective with the micro planet and the ships works quite well and the transport ships are a great eye-catcher.

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Looking forward to more adventures of markus and Paul.

Thanks very much for the amazing feedback!!

@Nom Carver

No, when my MOC is ready and i have make the photos i decomposed it.

In the hangar I have almost everything installed dark gray what I had.

@goatman461

No, i doesnt build an interio! For the photos of the smal version look Discos MOC, the idea is from him :classic: .

@Lobot

Thanks for blogging :thumbup:

@MstrOfPppts

Here you can watch the complete MOC http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/album.php?albumid=8854&pictureid=139450

FOR THE EMPIRE :devil:

markus

As always, everything is awesome. We're really getting spoiled here... but I won't complain :grin: .

Those ships are just beautiful. I really like the way you've portrayed the big shape with the subtle but undoubtely hard to achieve angles (in the Sandcrawler category!). They really look like bumblebees in fact... but bumblebees don't have such beautiful detailing! When I look at the reference material, it seems like you included every single thing there was to see, and even added some nice touches. I really like the little guns and all kinds of details like the viewports in the front or all the grills in the back. Yes: even the details on the places that can barely be seen seem to be exquisite! This includes the back and the landing gear. But it aren't just the general shape and those obvious details that make that ship so succeeded. There's also the more subtle texture. The tiling on the engines is vastly superior then the side of bricks, because it gives you way more freedom in paneling, and right now it actually does look like paneling! And those grill bricks are nice as always. What strikes me most though, is the fact that you converted features of bricks that would normally be annoying into details. The ragged edge of the wedge plates is an example. It's also remarkable that you embraced the gaps created by the different sections. By placing groove bricks and tiles with a little gap between them, suddenly those gaps seem to make sense and to be a part of the model. Masterful! O, and you built two of these? Amazing. Especially because they aren't exact copies of each other... So all in all: great ship with great shape and great detailing. And it works especially well in the Star Wars universe and this episode in particular, so thumbs up for the choice of subject as well!

The only thing that bugs me a little bit about it that the ship is just standing in the hangar for the moment. It could just as well be some kind of inspection of the ship. So it would be great to see how the troopers should board it, with a door already open, maybeto already get somedeforestation equipment on board. The other ship could stay closed, so the ship in its original form would still be shown. Or the troopers already boarding the ship would make for a more stressful entrance for our heroes, making Markus' hairstyle even more despicable :grin: . Another way to connect the ship and the scenery more would be to have some technicians do a final checkup of the ship. That would make the hangar more than just a display case for the ship, and would make for a more coherent scene. Not that I dislike what I'm seeing. you already laid some good connections by showing the planet and the micro transports (well-succeeded forced perspective by the way). Maybe it's just an excuse to see more...

Finally, the hangar itself. It doesn't look like Lego at all! It's so clean, and those white lines are just so perfect, both embedded in the ground as at the side of those columns. And it has already been mentioned, but the way they connect to the ground is perfect. There aren't a lot of greebles on the wall this time, but I'm okay with that, as it would only steal the attention of the real star of the scene. It's good that the greebles that are there are mostly oriented vertically, stretching the image. And the small ones help to break up the wall without distracting attention. Still, they look a bit lost, a bit random. Maybe groop some of the small greebles and use combinations of parts rather then single parts. The most important thing about greebles is that it has to look technical, decorative and realistic. So think about what kind of details the walls could have: fans for air conditioning, detectors for fire, alarms, maybe security cameras, wires for electricity and tubes for water. Maybe there's a hub where the engineers can plug their equipment... So once again: try to give meaning to it all, without loosing the beauty it already posseses.

Anyway, if it wasn't clear for some one, you're definetly on a way where you will attain things no of us ever will (or I at least). the things I pointed out are already present in your build, and could be a little more worked out, but that's all. I already mentioned the tiny ships that make a great connection, and as for the details, that cannon is a great example. My final remark is actually rather trivial: it's very hard to see the technicians, because they're all black against a black background. And if I can't see them well, maybe pilots won't see them well, and that won't be so good for the health of those technicians, I guess. So maybe giving them some kind of reflective vest (especially for the one that directs traffic), would be a little improvement, and it would bring some color as well in a logical manner. But for now, let us just admire this amazing, utterly amazing creation, and thank you for bringing us this (and for joining the Empire :laugh: ).

That's even a feebdack *huh*:wub:*huh*

What can i say to this....... MANY Thanks - it`s a big pleasure when i become such great contributions!

I need some time to translate all this english words from beaver :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

That`s all i can say :blush:

cya

markus