MOC - Tumbler Full Set!

batman dark knight the bat tumbler camo-tumbler snow black white bane

10 replies to this topic

#1 niteangel

niteangel

Member: 34624

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Finally completed my whole series and now I can put them into the glass shelf for display :P

As you may have seen in my another thread, the black tumbler was the first to complete, and then the Bat, the camo-tumbler and finally the snow tumbler. I was however not satisfied with the camo one, and so I dismantled it and rebuilt it after getting the tan bricks I wanted. I spent nearly a month to make the cannon rotatable!

Here I want to show you what I have got as the complete set, and inspire more fans to make MOC Batman stuff. Alright, the family photo! Featuring the Bat!

Posted Image

The Bat + Black Tumbler
Posted Image

Tumbler Set: Camo-tumbler, Black Tumbler and Snow Tumbler
Posted Image

Close-up of the final camo-tumbler, which is just finished during weekend. I thought the brown bricks would be better to match the tumbler in the movie, but the contrast is too high for me and so I use the dark tan color instead. You may still see a little brown in some hidden places.
Posted Image

You may already know that this tumbler is not symmetrical. The right side is turned into a turret like a real tank (while the other one is turned into a SAM turret).
Posted Image

The turret can turn to the back, completely in 180 degree. Here it is shooting the Bat sideways...
Posted Image

Hope you enjoy the creations! Let me know how I can further improve them as I am still an amateur (haha, even after playing for so many years as I see real crazy experts here! So I am only an amateur!)

Thanks!

For those who are interested:
The Bat: http://www.eurobrick...topic=77223&hl=
Snow Tumbler thread: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=78810

#2 becauseBATMAN

becauseBATMAN

Member: 34306

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

great work on the bat!

#3 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Those look great! I love the rotating turret on the camo tumbler. I think the tan/dark tan work together quite well for camo, even if some brown would work in places.

Keep up the great work. I really need to get to work on a better looking tumbler (like these).

Thanks for sharing!
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#4 KZB

KZB

Member: 32636

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

just awesome, the tumbler collection looks amazing

#5 niteangel

niteangel

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Thank you guys :D it looks like my 6 months spent on creating all these are worth it :)

Some may ask where the Batpod is, but I am still figuring out how to get the scale right, as the parts will be smaller than the Lego bricks if I insist on using the same scale.

Just to add a little more information, I only order 4 bricks from the net to complete the sets, while I bought some from brick shops. Most of the bricks (nearly 95%) are from my own collections. Not that I have many bricks, but I think if you cannot get the bricks you want, you can always play around with other kinds to add interesting details. And thus the three tumblers are not identical except some important profile bricks. :D

#6 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Awesome collection of Bat-toys niteangel! Very impressive work  :classic:
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#7 hush

hush

Member: 32830

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Nice collection you have there :classic:

#8 niteangel

niteangel

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Thanks! :D

#9 Lego-Freak_1996

Lego-Freak_1996

Member: 29014

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

What a perfect collection! Well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:
The Camo Tumbler is great and a Snow Tumbler is a good idea.
Thanks for sharing thies cool Mocs. :wink:
Posted ImagePosted Image

It's no game, it's a sport. Games are for people who don't care enough. In sports, you compete to win.- Kazuma Ikezawa

#10 gotoAndLego

gotoAndLego

Member: 8984

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

-----
Please support my Lego Cuusoo projects:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FLICKr

#11 Purpearljellyblob

Purpearljellyblob

• Croaking/singing Redcoat Frog, aka Julia

Member: 33180

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Great work on the snow tumbler. :thumbup: Keep up with the good job and thank you for sharing. :classic:

Posted Image

Heroica RPG: Purpearl Berthadhiell 180 yrs old elf mage

Mafia: - Brian Johnson - The PGO - Prudence Jellison - Laurence Adams - Priscilla Jenkins

I Heroica Stats I

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: batman, dark knight, the bat, tumbler, camo-tumbler, snow, black, white, bane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users