CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

Huge update from Grogall:

Official HR images of the new Castle line.

All Pictures link to HR version 2500.pxl

70400 Forest Ambush

Help the brave knights to repel the Forest Ambush! Take the chest of gold and treasure safely

back to the castle on the armored cart. When the path through the forest is suddenly blocked

by a fallen tree, fend off the Dragon soldier ambush! Draw your weapons, fend off the

flick-missile attack and return the gold safely to the castle! Includes four minifigures with

weapons and accessories: two King's Knights and two Dragon soldiers.

a_70400_box_front_1000.jpg

b_70400_box_side_200.jpg c_70400_detail_1_200.jpg d_70400_detail_2_200.jpg e_70400_detail_3_200.jpgf_70400_detail_4_200.jpg

g_70400_detail_5_200.jpgh_70400_detail_6_200.jpgi_70400_detail_7_200.jpg m_70400_minifigures_200.jpg

70401 Gold Getaway

Stop the Dragon soldier from stealing the King's fortune in a Gold Getaway! Fire the large

crossbow's flick missiles from behind the outpost and stop the Dragon soldier on his

horse-drawn prison carriage from escaping with the King's gold! Activate the cell door

bust-out function and release the King's Knight. Includes three minifigures with weapons

and accessories: two King's Knights and a Dragon soldier.

a_70401_box_front_1000.jpg

b_70401_box_side_200.jpg c_70401_detail_1_200.jpg d_70401_detail_2_200.jpge_70401_detail_3_200.jpg f_70401_detail_4_200.jpg

g_70401_detail_5_200.jpg h_70401_detail_6_200.jpg m_70401_minifigures_200.jpg n_70401_minifigures_2_200.jpg

70402 The Gatehouse Raid

Ready, aim and fire your weapons! The Dragon forces are staging a Gatehouse Raid with

their large catapult. Return fire from the gatehouse tower with the King's Knights' catapult

attack! Stop the Dragon Knight on his fully armored horse from breaking through the gate!

Includes four minifigures with weapons and accessories: two King's Knights, a Dragon

Knight and a Dragon soldier.

a_70402_box_front_1000.jpg

b_70402_box_side_200.jpg c_70402_detail_1_200.jpg d_70402_detail_2_200.jpg e1_70402_detail_200.jpg e_70402_detail_3_200.jpg

f_70402_detail_4_200.jpg m_70402_minifigures_200.jpg n_70402_minifigures_2_200.jpg o_70402_minifigure_3_200.jpg

70403 Dragon Mountain

Travel to Dragon Mountain to battle its fire-breathing guardian! Load up the large catapult

and fire it at the dragon's tower! Defeat the dragon and the Dragon Wizard! Search for the

King's stolen gold hidden in the dragon's nest and find the secret potion room. Then overpower

the Dragon soldier on the steps of the tower and rescue the princess from the dark dungeon!

Includes five minifigures with weapons and accessories: two King's Knights, princess, Dragon

Wizard and a Dragon soldier.

a_70403_box_front_1000.jpg

b_70403_box_side_200.jpg c_70403_detail_1_200.jpg d_70403_detail_2_200.jpg e_70403_detail_3_200.jpg f_70403_detail_4_200.jpg

g_70403_detail_5_200.jpg i_70403_detail_6_200.jpg j1_70403_detail_200.jpg j_70403_detail_7_200.jpg k_70403_detail_8_200.jpg

m_70403_minifigures_1_200.jpg n_70403_minifigures_2_200.jpg

70404 King's Castle

Protect the King and his people from the Dragon soldiers at the King's Castle! Fire

the catapult, lower the drawbridge, raise the gate and lead the charge with the fearless

White Knight on his armored horse! Stop the Dragon soldiers before they use the deadly

battering ram and catapult weapon. This fantastic modular castle design features towers,

a dungeon, the King's throne, the knights' table, a moveable staircase, secret escape

door and more. Includes seven minifigures with weapons and accessories: the King,

White Knight, two King's soldiers and three Dragon soldiers.

a_70404_box_front_1000.jpg

b_70404_box_side_200.jpg c_70404_detail_1_200.jpg d_70404_detail_2_200.jpg f_70404_detail_3_200.jpg g_70404_detail_4_200.jpg

h_70404_detail_5_200.jpg i_70404_detail_6_200.jpg i_70404_detail_7_200.jpg j_70404_detail_8_200.jpg k_70404_detail_9_200.jpg

l_70404_detail_10_200.jpg m_70404_detail_11_200.jpg n_70404_detail_12_200.jpg o_70404_detail_13_200.jpg p_70404_minifigures_1_200.jpg

q_70404_minifigures_2_200.jpg r_70404_minifigures_3_200.jpg s_70404_minifigures_4_200.jpg t_70404_minifigures_4_200.jpg z_70404_scene_1_200.jpg

Edited by GRogall

Damn... I have enough Castle stuff. :laugh:

Why it could not be a new theme. A roman or greece theme?

Edited by Elander

Uh.. if it's castle then I hope they do something completely different tnan what they've done. Maybe gothic? irish? indian? There are so many options.

The espected release date is August 1 next year. This means that these would have to be at least 2h, so we won't get more info for a while. And yes, I would love a gothic theme.

With LotR and the Hobbit still running, it seems unlikely to be a new Castle theme... but I certainly hope it is! And count me in on the Gothic style fans! =D

Interesting. I do recall that some LEGO employee recently stated that next summer would see a "new take on one of our classic themes", but I assumed - like most people, I think - that it was Pirates. Who ever thought we'd get more Castle alongside LOTR...? Time will tell what kind of Castle we'll be getting, though. I won't get my hopes up too soon...

I sure hope so!

I guess all sets for next year are going to the 5-digit set number format. The newly revealed TMNT numbers start with a 7 like that, and same with the Galaxy Squad theme. So at least that's not evidence against the existence.

Perhaps this will be a mix of Pirates and Castle, with Pirates based in the Middles Ages, or Renaissance. It would be interesting, and kill two themes with one brick, so to speak! :laugh:

Awesome news, if true! Personally I think it's promising for Lego LotR too if TLC thinks it's worthwhile to launch a Castle theme concurrently instead of waiting for the LotR boom to die out first and only then to return to the reign of non-licenced Castle.

Interesting. I do recall that some LEGO employee recently stated that next summer would see a "new take on one of our classic themes", but I assumed - like most people, I think - that it was Pirates.

Yeah, just2good linked to it here on the Pirates board: "A new take on one of the LEGO classics launching 2HY 2013." A new take? Doesn't sound like Kingdoms continuing, at least.

Perhaps this will be a mix of Pirates and Castle, with Pirates based in the Middles Ages, or Renaissance. It would be interesting, and kill two themes with one brick, so to speak! :laugh:

...or maybe, at last, the fabled Europa theme! *oh2*

One can always dream...

Edited by Hive

Awesome news, if true! Personally I think it's promising for Lego LotR too if TLC thinks it's worthwhile to launch a Castle theme concurrently instead of waiting for the LotR boom to die out first and only then to return to the reign of non-licenced Castle.

That, or maybe LotR didn't do as good as Lego hoped and they have decided to offer scaled back limited waves that only include a few sets and have the Castle theme go along side it. Doesn't anyone else find it odd the LotR theme only had 4 sets listed, one of which is probably a Hobbit themed set yet the Castle theme has at least 5 and is coming out 2 months later?

Aaaahhhhh!

I hope this isn't misinformation. I would love to see a return to classic castle. More Kingdoms would be fantastic, or classic re-releases would be cool too. The dream theme for me would be modern additions to classic factions. Wolf Pack, Forestmen, Black Falcons... That would be the best thing ever.

The LotR/Hobbit stuff is great, and I've bought every one so far, but it doesn't take the place of real castle. The Europa theme really doesn't do anything for me personally, but I understand the appeal.

I say bring it on...new knights, weapons, barding, torsos, helmets etc will always be welcome.

Also I believe that the LOTOR license does not preclude Lego from producing Medieval-style themes simultaneously.

Saying that I would probably prefer a new Pirates theme myself at this point in time (or Romans - even better!).

It is going to be an expensive year with this and LOTR/ Hobbit. :grin:

Awesome! The title on the Website is "Legends", followed by a pic of some classic castle designs. I don't think anybody else has mentioned this yet, but it looks like they're re-issuing classic castle sets just like they did 11 years ago with the previous "Legends" release.

"Confirmed" (in so far as one can at this point) by Google Translate: "This category is intended for LEGO sets that have already been previously released. LEGO has decided a number of classics to return under the name LEGO Legends ..."

:excited: Dare I hope?

Edited by Miles

Awesome! The title on the Website is "Legends", followed by a pic of some classic castle designs. I don't think anybody else has mentioned this yet, but it looks like they're re-issuing classic castle sets just like they did 15 years ago with the previous "Legends" release.

"Confirmed" (in so far as one can at this point) by Google Translate: "This category is intended for LEGO sets that have already been previously released. LEGO has decided a number of classics to return under the name LEGO Legends ..."

Interesting. I wonder what sets they will choose to re-release if they are doing this?

Edited by Deathleech