Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

I commented on the Pirate pic in the back of the Club magazine to the manager of the Lego store & they said they were 90% sure of another figure based on forthcoming promotional materials they'd received. While they wouldn't tell me what it was they did say it'd "go well with a series 6 figure."

With the pic in the Club magazine & this promo material it seems like an announcement can only be a matter of days away.

I commented on the Pirate pic in the back of the Club magazine to the manager of the Lego store & they said they were 90% sure of another figure based on forthcoming promotional materials they'd received. While they wouldn't tell me what it was they did say it'd "go well with a series 6 figure."

With the pic in the Club magazine & this promo material it seems like an announcement can only be a matter of days away.

Hm, that's actually not much to go on, but...Centurion, Centurion, Centurion, Centurion! Come on, Lego, please! :grin:

The pirate captain looks nice, but I myself don't like golden weapons. The torso, on the other hand, is pretty cool, but it's a shame the captain doesn't seem to have one of these PotC sword holders. :sceptic:

Hm....I don't think it could be one for the Genie, Clockwork Robot, Flamenco Dancer, Roman Soldier (a disappointment), Highland Battler, Sleepyhead, Lady Liberty, Minotaur, Leprechaun, Buthcer, or Mechanic. That leaves the Bandit (a cowboy for him?) or the Alien and Intergalactic Girl. (Another space person.)

Hm, that's actually not much to go on, but...Centurion, Centurion, Centurion, Centurion! Come on, Lego, please! :grin:

Ok I now want to play this game. I highlight the ones who were quite well repeated in the guessing game thread.

Sleepy - Sleepy girl

Roman - Roman Woman / Caesar / Centurion

Minotaur - Medusa / Cyclops

Leprechaun - Fairy (already a big possibility to have her)

Alien - Area 51 member / FBI Officer

Highland battler / Woman fightress/heroine

Mechanic / Elvis impersonator (but just for the hair)

Statue of Liberty / Statue of Abe Lincoln (really can't guess any better)

Clockwork Robot / Female Robot

Flamenco Dancer / Flamenco Dancer Male

Skater Girl / Another skater because we really miss one

Surgeon / Doctor (in fact, they yet didn't release one)

Butcher / Baker (I sponsored this one)

Genie / ALaddin (I have seen this one in the thread) but also evil djiin (seen on the concepts)

Bandit / Sheriff (But I hope not)

Female Astronaut / Really don't know

So I would say again either Fairy, Medusa or Female Heroine. A female character to counterpart the pirate which is male.

Who does also sponsor this?

Roman - Roman Woman / Caesar / Centurion

Minotaur - Medusa / Cyclops

Genie / ALaddin (I have seen this one in the thread) but also evil djiin (seen on the concepts)

Bandit / Sheriff (But I hope not)

I deleted the ones I found most implausible and couldn't think of anything else for.

I think I'm most convinced by the Sheriff idea. We've had a cowboy, a bandit, a native American hunter and a chief, a sheriff seems almost inevitable. Personally, I'm hope that's what we get.

I'd guess it's either a Roman emperor to go with the soldier or a Wild West sheriff to go with the bandit. A centurion would be too similar to the Roman soldier - if we ever get one, it won't be yet. I think. :tongue:

Skater? Kidding.

I'd go with baker, male spanish dancer (or matador, but maybe there would be issues with representing a modern day bloodsport) or Caesar.

As much as I'd like to also see a female cowboy/cowgirl, or Celtic female warrior (thinking Boudicca, especially with the release of the new Pixar film), I think my first 3 are more likely.

Skater? Kidding.

I'd go with baker, male spanish dancer (or matador, but maybe there would be issues with representing a modern day bloodsport) or Caesar.

As much as I'd like to also see a female cowboy/cowgirl, or Celtic female warrior (thinking Boudicca, especially with the release of the new Pixar film), I think my first 3 are more likely.

Im sure TLG could make a family-friendly version of a matador, they dont have to adopt the bull-killing aspect of the "sport".

Otherwise my best guess is a sheriff or cowgirl. While I would like a Celtic lady, I think she would be too similar to the Viking woman from S7 to be done immediately after.

Ok I now want to play this game. I highlight the ones who were quite well repeated in the guessing game thread.

Alien - Area 51 member / FBI Officer

Whereas your other ideas are great, I think I like this one the most because I could use these figures as generic Marvel SHIELD agents.

Whereas your other ideas are great, I think I like this one the most because I could use these figures as generic Marvel SHIELD agents.

Thank you for your compliments. And yes, they would be a great use!

OK no more games here the list!

Thanks to Ojik via Brickset!

Ancient Thespis

Pirate Captain

Conquistador

Enemy Robot

Evil Female Alien

Diver

Vampire

Fairy

Football Player

Trader

Skier

Red Cheerleader

Santa Claus

Boy in Bavarian costume

DJ

Cowgirl

enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Er, wow. A return of the much loved diver and footballer and skier? GRogall, if you think this is the list, I trust you on it. Sounds half amazing but with a number of potential misses.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

Uhhhh that sounds very interesting :classic: Thanks for sharing!

Er, wow. A return of the much loved diver and footballer and skier? GRogall, if you think this is the list, I trust you on it. Sounds half amazing but with a number of potential misses.

I do believe that it would be a male diver with the swim cap like the olympic swimmer and the footballer is also new as I believe it is a american footballer (I'm guessing). So only the skier is a return. And with several skater and 2 surfers, and 2 snowboarders that had to happen once more with the skier.

Edited by Dane

I think footballer as in the American kind. Other wise, this series is going to be boring.

Thanks GRogall! I'd still love a pic, but I trust you on that info. Hmm...DJ'll be one of my favourites. I hope he(she?) will be easily converted to flesh for a MOC I'm working on.

Ancient thespis, fairy trader and conquistador sound great! The rest is kind of meh - but may be pics will change my mind.

Edited by KristofBD

I think footballer as in the American kind. Other wise, this series is going to be boring.

For all you Europeans who don't know, when your are talking/typing about American football you say/type 'football player'. 'Footballer' is a Brittish term.

I actually have no interest in American football, so another football player would be a disapointment. I'd like to see a Zeus figure.

Edited by gedren_y

The forestman from series one could very easily have been Robin Hood, instead his official name was 'Forestman'. I'd bet all of my pearl gold ingots that this character's official name is 'Pirate Captain'.

Pirate Captain

fyeah.jpg

fyeah.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

This seems as a nice collection of minifigs, for sure we need some pics to judge it better.

:laugh: :laugh:

This seems as a nice collection of minifigs, for sure we need some pics to judge it better.

Some of them are veeery ambiguous, like 'trader'. What instantly springs to mind is someone like this:

pi053.jpg

He would match the pirate nicely, but with the conquistador as well, I doubt they'd have three pirate themed characters. Unless the conquistador fits into some kind of 'age of exploration' theme, rather than 'pirates'.

Also, vampire... what? Not only is it a collectable minifigure repeat, but we have Monster Fighters at the same time. I trust Grogall, but this seems like a typo to me. Unless it's like a Nosferatu-type vampire, rather than Dracula.

I'll reserve judgement until the pictures arrive but this series seems to have a lot of "meh!" figures in them! :sadnew:

I'm skeptical.. Why would they be releasing yet another vampire, especially right now? You had the male one in Series 2, and in the new Monster Fighters theme there's a new male vampire and a female vampire. What more could they possibly do as far as a vampire goes, without it just having different printing?

I certainly don't mind seeing yet another (different-looking) vampire, but it just seems like a bit of overkill to do it right now. Plus, if you have a much cheaper vampire in the CMF, isn't there a risk that it's going to compete with sales of the Monster Fighters sets? Even if they are different vampires, some might feel like just getting the CMF vampire is enough to satisfy their vampire minifigure needs, and then skip the pricier Monster Fighters sets.

I'm rambling.. Sounds like another great series if that list is true!

Ancient Thespis

Pirate Captain

Conquistador

Enemy Robot

Evil Female Alien

Diver

Vampire

Fairy

Football Player

Trader

Skier

Red Cheerleader

Santa Claus

Boy in Bavarian costume

DJ

Cowgirl

Vampire, Diver, Santa Claus, Cheerleader, Skier, DJ, Cowgirl, Pirate Captain and Conquistador... these ones are absolutely disappointing to me. Vampire, Diver, Cheerleader, Skier have already appeared in CMF. SantaClaus, Pirate Captain and Conquistador appeared on themes. DJ seems like disco dancer/rapper to me. Cowgirl could be done.

Enemy Robot, Trader, Football Player... it depends on. If football is american football maybe it can interest someone and at least it's not a reissue. Enemy Robot... it really depends on how it comes out. If it is too much like Robot CMF1 or Space Villain... it's a pity. Trader... what's it? I mean.. it can be anything.

Fairy, Thespis and Boy in Bavarian may interest me, but not THAT much.

Evil Female Alien. Is that perhaps the evil black elf Angeli was talking about?

Don't know, but it looks really like this time I won't go hoarding minifigures. And I will miss it.

Sorry all this waiting and then... bah... until pictures that's my response: :thumbdown:

For all you Europeans who don't know, when your are talking/typing about American football you say/type 'football player'. 'Footballer' is a Brittish term.

I actually have no interest in American football, so another football player would be a disapointment. I'd like to see a Zues figure.

What's a zues?

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku