The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Four
It's late at night, and eyes are searching the scree of the canyon for the elusive Egyptian nightingale; a beautiful bird that chirrups its sweet melody only in the hours of darkness. Unfortunately the only birds visible are the hungry-looking carrion birds, eyes also searching.
The eyes look on. Here they see Mustafa, still frozen in carbonite. Seemingly abandoned, ignored even by the ravenous carrion birds.
A further sweep of the binoculars reveals two dark figures.
They casually exchange as they pass in the night.
The onlooker focuses in on another dark figure
'Heyyy! No peeking! I have plans tonight!'
What the inquisitive onlooker doesn't see...
...is an unidentified character who has taken time out to bare their buttocks to the canyon at large, shaking their stuff to Led Zeppelin.
But what they also don't see...
...is another dark figure, stealthily approaching from behind and doing their dark and dastardly deed.
'Well, whaddaya know! It removes make-up too!' they chuckle quietly to themself as they gather up the limp body of Penny Farago...
...and push her into the open mouth of the statue of IMHOTEP
Once again the eyes of the great statue flash!
Meh. Tastes like chicken.
On the other side of the canyon the encased and immobile figure of Mustafa is no longer ignored
'Hmm' says the dark figure 'I don't think we should leave this lying around'
'Hyup, in you go!' says the dark figure as the carbonite containing Mustafa Nidia is also pushed into the mouth of the statue
As is now to be expected, the great eyes flash and a small pile of clothes appear
More corrupted! Bleurgh! Ptooi!
It's a bright and sunny morning as Ossie and Is sit drinking coffee on large, comfortable sofas and chatter with their Friends about life in general and relationships in particular.
'and he said I was cute' continues Olivia with her minute dissection of a five minute conversation with a good looking guy 'does that mean he thinks I'm cute cute, or you know, cute cute? What did he mean by that??'
A commotion on the other side of the camp draws Ossie and Is away from the fascinating conversation involving comic calamity and occasional slapstick to see that the campers have gathered around a spectacle
'Oh look' says Is 'this fits perfectly in with our theme today'
'Yeah' grins Ossie 'It's ugly naked guy'
'..come from the land of the ice and snow...' warbles Mehmet tunelessly
'No you don't' mutters an anonymous camper 'you're supposed to be Egyptian'
'Yeah and put some goddamn clothes on!' adds another camper 'I can clearly see you're nuts '
'Hey girrrrrls' oozes Gordon 'I can show you something better than that '
'He said he had puppies' whispers Stephanie
'Yeah and sweets' agrees Emma 'I don't think he has either... '
'Maybe not' smirks Gordon 'but I do have a...'
'Stairway to Heaven' Mehmet shrieks, drowning out the end of Gordon's suggestion
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Cultists. To win the game, the Innocents must eliminate all the Cultists, while the Cultists need to sacrifice ... Virgins. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles.
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. There is no limit to the number of unvotes. The player with the most votes at the end of a game day will be lynched. If there is a tie then the first player to achieve this vote count will be lynched.
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after 72 hours, unless the group are decided on a lynch. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host, using the initial character PM thread only, in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game hosts via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
Any reference to previous games or “games... of life”, potatoes, books that people have read, pigeons, films or plays that people may have seen, Harriet, sluts, mathematics, 2pid Rouges or figurative suspense will be treated most harshly.Metagame at your own risk.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
- You may not edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts using your character information PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.
- Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.
The Great God IMHOTEP (NPC)
Do not upset him. Address him correctly or face the consequences. You have been warned.
The Guardians – Ossie and Is (Rufus and Pandora - NPCs)
Sheila Suxsumb - Played by Tamamono
Johnson Cox - Played by Cecilie
Ophelia Balls - Played by fhomess
Hans Gubernaculum - Played by Bob_
Mellifluous Murgatroyd - Played by Scubacarrot
Jennifer Taylor - Played by Sandy
Nicholas Hoare - Played by Fugazi
Betty Swallocks - Played by TinyPiesRUs
Roger Goodenarde - Played by Professor Flitwick
William Fitzpatrick - Played by CorneliusMurdock
Hugh Janus - Played by Eskallon
Aloysius - Played by ADHO15
Gordon Bennett - Played by KielDaMan
Toulouse Leplot - Played by WhiteFang
Mehmet Attabar - Played by Hinckley
Ishaq Ettaq - Played by Wuntin
Ahmed Apu - Played by Zepher
Nadir Zenith - Played by JimButcher
Penelope Farago - Played by Waterbrick Down - Innocent - sacrificed Night Three
Mustafa Nidia - Played by Brickdoctor - Cultist - lynched Day Three
Patrick Fitzwilliam - Played by def - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night Two
Melaena Stools - Played by CallMePieOrDie - Cultist - lynched Day Two
Percy Pantwitter - Played by Rick - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night One
Father Thomas “Tomato” Thomson - Played by Ricecracker - Innocent (Virgin) - lynched Day One