Sign in to follow this  
SRTracerB

Bitmap Graphics in Signatures

Sorry for bein a noob, not only here at eurobricks but as a Lego train collector. I just recently (as in this month) got back into Legos and I picked up the Maersk Cargo Train and I just love it. How do I get that cool avatar in peoples sig that shows what train you have??

Brandon

Sorry for bein a noob, not only here at eurobricks but as a Lego train collector. I just recently (as in this month) got back into Legos and I picked up the Maersk Cargo Train and I just love it. How do I get that cool avatar in peoples sig that shows what train you have??

Brandon

I always wonder the same and have seen it asked but never an answer.

The information you seek hides in the Article, Topic, and MOC Index, under "Links and resources":

Bingo.

I picked the trains I wanted and used photoshop to put them all together in an image that fit within the restrictions. :classic:

Hi there...

Couldn't find anything about this anywhere, so therefore this thread.

I have seen a lot of you guys having a bunch of little cartoonish train pictures in the buttom as a kind of signature or profile picture....

How do I get those trains on my profile and where? default_blush.gif

Please!!

Beautiful!!

Many many thanks!! default_classic.gifdefault_wubnew.gif

Hello again.

Now that we are at it, is there a way to add a picture from my computer to the signature? The reason im asking is that I've mocked some of the train-gifs in "Paint" that i found in the "Train Depot" Now they are more representative to what I've got...

But it wont let me! I checked the pixel-size and all that and it is fine ?default_sceptic.gif

Edited by TheBrickster
Double-post merged.

Hello again.

Now that we are at it, is there a way to add a picture from my computer to the signature? The reason im asking is that I've mocked some of the train-gifs in "Paint" that i found in the "Train Depot" Now they are more representative to what I've got...

But it wont let me! I checked the pixel-size and all that and it is fine ?default_sceptic.gif

Generally you cant upload images to Eurobricks (well you can but the total upload limit is very low) so you need to host them on another image hosting site such as Brickshelf or Flickr. Once you've done that you can deeplink images so they show up in your signature. BY the way all this is disscussed in the tutorials which are a good idea for new members to read to avoid asking the same questions over and over again ... oh too late.

how do you add more than 4 images/ trains?

Save the pics on your PC, and combine any trains you want/need/have into a single picture.

Edited by Nebsirob

I have to say that I have been struggling with this. I got the little bitmaps from the thread just after i joined, saved them to y PC, combined them; but could then not find anything about how to add them to my signature? I have tried goin through the tutorials but could not find anything about how to do it. Or at least that I could get to work? It must be something simple as loads of us have managed it, but it has eluded me and so in the end I gave up. Having said that obviously I am not alone.

After creating your combined image, upload it to flickr, brickshelf or some other hosting service that allows deep (direct) linking.

Then click on your username in the upper right of the webpage here an dclick on my setting in the dropdown.

Now click on "Profile" in the bar under "Your Options".

Now click on "Change Signature" a little further down the page.

Next use the IMG tags to add a direct/deep link to the hosted image.

This example is for mine:

[img=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6067/6211460330_f84b1dfd94.jpg]

Finally "Save Changes"

Hi there,

It is a simple question but i'am a novice.

Some members use little pictures of their trains which they have when they reply a post. The pictures look simular and a bit MLCad style.

Where do they come from (website?)and how can you make them?

I want to use them too so i can show mine castor train and adapted TTX.

legodj

Hi there,

It is a simple question but i'am a novice.

Some members use little pictures of their trains which they have when they reply a post. The pictures look simular and a bit MLCad style.

Where do they come from (website?)and how can you make them?

I want to use them too so i can show mine castor train and adapted TTX.

legodj

http://www.fa-meier.de/lego/depot.html

This is where the little trains come from

Thanks for the thread. I just joined the forum last night and ordered the Maersk as my first LEGO train!

Thanks for the thread. I just joined the forum last night and ordered the Maersk as my first LEGO train!

You bet! I hope you enjoy the Maersk. Let us know what you think of her. :thumbup:

It is the same with me, just got Maersk (donĀ“t even have tracks yet) and joined the forum for inspiration.