Hinckley

LEGO DC Minifig Review...and raffle!

Thank you to Kevin Hinkle and the LEGO Group for donating these excellent figs to be reviewed and raffled. :wub::thumbup:

The Green Lantern

DSC04993.jpg

Front view

DSC04994.jpg

Back view, very nice detailing.

DSC04995.jpg

Angry face!

Batman

DSC04996.jpg

Front view

DSC04997.jpg

Bruce, your face!

DSC04998.jpg

Back is printed with excellent detailing!

Hinckley's two cents

The great thing about these figures is the quality. After goofing around with the quality of the collectible mini-figures using cheaper production and flimsy connections, I'm happy to say LEGO doesn't spare on the quality with these! This is sturdy plastic, well molded, strong joints, all with the normal LEGO sheen!

Batman - gets an update with an excellent new torso! I like the detailing on front and back. The design differs slightly from the original. We get some more contours and the utility belt! Check out those rear delt armor plates. This must be Joel Schumacher's Batman. :laugh: LEGO uses the same trick with the white band on Bruce Wayne's forehead to give Batman the Animated Series/Comic Book look. This is still an excellent figure with a sleek update from the LEGO designers. :thumbup:

Green Lantern - Awesome, and not just because it's new. This is an excellent design as well. Look at all those muscles! :blush: I'm a sucker for LEGO Super Hero muscles. :sceptic: I probably shouldn't be admitting that, publicly. :blush: LEGO has also done us the favor of offering two different expressions for the Green Lantern: smug, self-satisfied crime fighter or angry constipated vengeance seeker! It's handy to have such a range, depending on what scenario your imagination puts our hero in.

This will certainly be exciting to have DC figs of such quality hitting the market soon. If this is an example of the line's quality, I have very high hopes for it, at least figure-wise.

So, do you want to win these?

Yes?

It's simple. All you have to do is build something, post it here, enter it in the contest at legosuperheroes.com (if you meet the requirements of the contest) and you'll be eligible. When the contest ends, we'll randomly draw two winners. One will receive Batman, the other will receive The Green Lantern. It's just that simple! But, let's post some rules anyway...

Rules

• To be eligible you must have been a member of Eurobricks before October 24th, 2011
  • You must post a new superhero-related MOC or LDD file, that hasn't been posted before October 24th, 2011
  • You are encouraged to enter your MOC in the contest at legosuperheroes.com
  • You cannot use the same MOC you enter in Eurobricks Batman contest, but since there is no size restriction, come up with a creative little vig. Any MOC will do.
  • Official LEGO superhero figs are not required.
  • Only one entry per member will be counted. (starting an additional account to stack the odds will get you banned)
  • There are no restrictions to entering this raffle based on the country you live in.
  • Raffle closes on November 30th, 2011.
  • Have fun!

Great high-res pics of these marvelous figs!

I'd like to enter the reaffle, of course, but the Superheroes contest is only for US citizens..

What if we can't enter there, does that mean we can also not enter this raffle?

Awesome! Thank you for the raffle and for opening this to all countries (Too bad the official Lego contest is only opened to US residents...)

Just 1 question, how many figs are you giving away? :sweet:

:hmpf_bad: They are not!

Seriously, the figs are very imposing, and it's a good thing I managed to order those. It's very appealing to take part, but I won't. I don't usually do in raffles.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

I'd like to enter the reaffle, of course, but the Superheroes contest is only for US citizens..

Please re-read the rules: the raffle is open to people from any country :wink:

You must not have read the rules very carefully... What does the fourth rule say? And doesn't the description say "Enter the legosuperheroes.com contest if you are eligible? I bet if you read the rules again, you will find your own answer right there in black and white. Everyone else should do the same as I'm not going to repeat myself 100 times on this. If you miss it and don't enter, that's your fault. The rules are there to be read.

Awesome! Thank you for the raffle and for opening this to all countries (Too bad the official Lego contest is only opened to US residents...)

Just 1 question, how many figs are you giving away? :sweet:

You're welcome. Thank you for reading the rules carefully. :wub: There is only one of each fig to give away, unfortunately.

Does it have to be vaguely related to Superheros, or is it really anything?

Let's stick to the super hero theme. I'll update the rules.

The Figs are awesome. I understand that it needs to be related to superheroes but is it going to be an issue if you don't have superhero figs?

Also should it be built or can it be done in LDD?

Thank you

Charlie

Edited by chuckie8646

Wow, this is starting to feel like an unofficial Superheroes month! :laugh:

Thanks for the review. These sure are two great figs, and I'd love to win them!

Just one question: What's the deadline?

Well my question would be same rules as the collectable minifig contest's ?

My son will beg me to try to win Bat's for him ! :laugh:

Wow, this is starting to feel like an unofficial Superheroes month! :laugh:

Thanks for the review. These sure are two great figs, and I'd love to win them!

Just one question: What's the deadline?

Ha! Good question. legosuperheroes.com announces a winner at the end of each month, so let's say this raffle will end on November 30th, 2011. :thumbup:

The Figs are awesome. I understand that it needs to be related to superheroes but is it going to be an issue if you don't have superhero figs?

Also should it be built or can it be done in LDD?

Thank you

Charlie

LDD is fine.

No, you don't have to use official superhero figs. Make one up, as long as it is made from LEGO elements.

Can I use a moc that I am working on for the Batman contest to enter this contest (as well as the superhero contest).

No. :wink: Let's add a little challenge by saying it should be different. A little vig will do.

No. :wink: Let's add a little challenge by saying it should be different. A little vig will do.

Ok then I will make one that I was going to make for the batman contest but I couldn't because it involves a custom figure.

Please re-read the rules: the raffle is open to people from any country :wink:

You must not have read the rules very carefully... What does the fourth rule say? And doesn't the description say "Enter the legosuperheroes.com contest if you are eligible? I bet if you read the rules again, you will find your own answer right there in black and white. Everyone else should do the same as I'm not going to repeat myself 100 times on this. If you miss it and don't enter, that's your fault. The rules are there to be read.

Ah, I see. I must've misread that part, as I got some things on my mind. Won't happen again.

Thanks for the details pics! Excellent details on these. I think that the white band head print could be useful for something like a sick person, the white band being a cloth or a bandage.

Anyway, I'll see what I can put together for the raffle. Must have awesome figures! :wub:

I still have 2 extra Batman's from the SDCC EDIT by Hinckley: This is not an open flea market. If you have something to sell we have the Buy, Sell, Trade Forum. No "deals" or "offers" should be discussed in private. This is not a third market seller site, so trade and sell at your own risk, but only in the proper forum. Selling and trading by PM should be done with extreme caution.

Edit: Oops! My bad :x

Edited by yys4u

OMG !

This raffle is very very interesting ! Big Thanks to give us the possibility to win on of those Super minifig !

Unfortunalty, I've really posted my Batman moc too early. This is the second contest I can't use it for only few days...

grrrrr....

Even if it's a raffle, I really would like to provide a real entry.

So, it's written on my moc list and you can count on my entry !

Thanks again for this review, now I REALLY WANT those minifigs ! :tongue:

Edited by lego-maniac

I'm assuming you need a flickr account to enter this raffle?

No...why?

I still have 2 extra Batman's from the SDCC EDITED OUT BY HINCKLEY :)

Nope! This is not what this thread is for. There's a Buy, Sell, Trade Forum for haggling. Out with you.