Jump to content


MOC UCS Tie Bomber


35 replies to this topic

#26 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

Posted Imageas

I'm not sure why spacepilot decided to change the color, as his original had the correct color (but the back was the wrong shape).

I'm fairly certain that the TIE Interceptor has a red engine glow like the TIE fighter. There's a clip I posted in Anio's UCS TIE Fighter thread that has the clip from Jedi.

#27 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21432
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:50 AM

View Postfallenangel327, on 05 December 2010 - 12:16 AM, said:

[snip]as

I'm not sure why spacepilot decided to change the color, as his original had the correct color (but the back was the wrong shape).

I'm fairly certain that the TIE Interceptor has a red engine glow like the TIE fighter. There's a clip I posted in Anio's UCS TIE Fighter thread that has the clip from Jedi.
Ah, thank you, fallenangel. If KDM is EB's CW screenshot expert, then you must be EB's OT Studio Model Expert. :wink:

As for the shaping on the engines... The only thing that comes to mind immediately is a ring of cheese wedges on clicky hinges or clips (or some hinge) with a cone in the middle. And those lightbulb-ish pieces that have been appearing in 2009-present sets in red might look good as engine glow.

#28 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8178
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:50 AM

The simple changes look great!  I didn't notice the SNOT work here before but it looks amazing! :oh:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#29 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:48 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 05 December 2010 - 01:50 AM, said:

Ah, thank you, fallenangel. If KDM is EB's CW screenshot expert, then you must be EB's OT Studio Model Expert. :wink:

As for the shaping on the engines... The only thing that comes to mind immediately is a ring of cheese wedges on clicky hinges or clips (or some hinge) with a cone in the middle. And those lightbulb-ish pieces that have been appearing in 2009-present sets in red might look good as engine glow.

No expert, just lots of reliable sources. ; )

I think cones would work fine as well. But these 6x6 dishes look really weird, as if the rear of the bomber was supposed to be convex.

Of course, you could also go the Empire at War route and use large blue cylinders rather than cones (as if each pod sported one large booster), but then I wouldn't approve of your taking game mechanics as canon (not unlike Brickdoctor's thinking that the V-wing's panels actually folded in towards each other).  :tongue:

#30 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21432
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:34 AM

View Postfallenangel327, on 05 December 2010 - 04:48 AM, said:

No expert, just lots of reliable sources. ; )

I think cones would work fine as well. But these 6x6 dishes look really weird, as if the rear of the bomber was supposed to be convex.

Of course, you could also go the Empire at War route and use large blue cylinders rather than cones (as if each pod sported one large booster), but then I wouldn't approve of your taking game mechanics as canon (not unlike Brickdoctor's thinking that the V-wing's panels actually folded in towards each other).  :tongue:
HEY! I have an excuse. I'd never seen the canon way they fold. He doesn't have that excuse thanks to the picture you posted 4 posts up!  You hear me! Brickdoctor+excuse= :thumbup: Other guys+no excuse= :thumbdown:  :laugh:

BTW, I think those are 10-wide dishes.

#31 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

  • Can't remember his own name


    Posts: 3368
    Joined: 26-February 09
    Member: 5406
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

I really like it!  :wub:
In some sections it does look abit balky like Walter and Brickdocter pointed out, but I don't mind. :sweet:
Loving the greebles and the way you did the bomb hatch.
Looking forward to more UCS builds!

CF
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#32 spacepilot3000

spacepilot3000

    Posts: 38
    Joined: 21-September 10
    Member: 13366
    Country: Germany

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for your feedback again, folks!
What a funny question: red or blue ion engines. I heard many voices around me, who told me to change the color to blue. But no wookipedia, no jedipedia and no picture around here comes with blue color. So, I rechanged the 4 little bricks to red again.
Now I think in official canon, the ion engine has to be red...*basta*

:blush:

#33 Haderach

Haderach

    Posts: 50
    Joined: 13-September 12
    Member: 31831

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi Spacepilot3000 - it looks like this thread hasn't been touched in awhile, hopefully you notice this. Have you ever created instructions or have an LDD file for your TIE Bomber? I'd very much like to build my own, I'm in love with your work.I'd be more than happy to pay for the instructions as well. Thanks.

#34 mpoh98

mpoh98

    Posts: 765
    Joined: 09-January 13
    Member: 35999
    Country: USA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Wow, fantastic tie bomber, very accurate!
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

Mocpages, flickr, Facebook Page
John 3:16, Philippians 4:13, John 14:6

#35 leonardomeo

leonardomeo

    Posts: 11
    Joined: 25-September 13
    Member: 89562

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Any chance for a instruction guide for this one? :P

Really lovely job!

Keep it up

#36 BOOSTA

BOOSTA

    Posts: 19
    Joined: 30-August 11
    Member: 20143

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postleonardomeo, on 25 September 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Any chance for a instruction guide for this one? :P

Really lovely job!

Keep it up

:wub:



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users