Sign in to follow this  
Master-Collector

Starship Troopers landing ship

I'm new here and a big Starship Troopers Fan. Love the movies (but ST2 sucks..), so I decided to build something from ST.

After I mused about it a bit, I knew what to build: The landing ship.

Well, this is my project. Have began with it a month ago. PaB orders, worth ~50€, have helped me to complete the tiles. Somehow I don't like that anymore.

So far I only finished the under part.

You may noticed, that there is no cockpit. Yeah, I still have to build the basic ship, too.

Finished is the "container", in which the mobile infantry is set down on planets. I've mainly build it simply out of my memory without some references.

Well, here are mah pics:

4301399277_1a04e68220_o.jpg

Locked. Almost looks like one big chunk :sceptic:

4302146512_b8da003381_o.jpg

Here are both front doors open.

4301399641_d6c68e155c_o.jpg

Roof can be taken out, of course. Nevertheless, it is clear, in the end, one should be able to see also the interior furnishing^^

4302153232_ea367d9601_o.jpg

Move along for 12 troopers!

4301406281_574e2c4a77_o.jpg

These small "pens" can be pulled over the shoulders of the troopers, thereby they stick extremely solid. Couldn't come up with a better solution.

For more pics and pics of the custom troopers, click here. (<- flickr profile)

Sorry for ze bad engrish, I not am verry god in it^^

This looks very nice. However maybe a mod could move this to lego sci fi? Anyway nice figs. They are very detailed.

Brilliant! In fact this is the best done dropship that I have seen as of yet! I'm also a big fan of starship troopers and I can't wait "to see more."

The troopers are great, but how did you get the SPIII logo off his chest?

BTW have you seen the third movie? If not it's deffinantly worth a watch. The special effects and some of the acting aren't that great, but the plot and return to more satire is really good. Especially on such a low budget.

Edited by Forresto

Thanks!

The troopers are great, but how did you get the SPIII logo off his chest?

BTW have you seen the third movie? If not it's deffinantly worth a watch. The special effects and some of the acting aren't that great, but the plot and return to more satire is really good. Especially on such a low budget.

1. With the blue side of a pencil eraser. Ist's very difficult, because you have to be carefull, that you don't "erase" the other marks.

2. Of course I did. In my opinion, the first movie was GREAT, the second sucks and the last one was ok.

Maybe I will upload pictures of my Whiskey Outpost. Some pics are already in my flickr album, but they are quite old :laugh:

Edited by Master-Collector

Cool! :sweet: I look forward to the rest. (I'll move this to Sci-Fi)

I been wanting to give that one a look myself.

That's really good, Master-Collector. I too, am a big fan of the movies (the first and last) and say that this a great creation. The figs are spot on. :thumbup: Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see more.

-'Skintas

'You see anything with more than two legs you shoot it !'

'Yes sir !'

AWESOME MOC.....like to do one myself like this ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Love the job you have done 'Master Collector' .....I&#39;m a conformist&#33; ! :laugh:

Although accurate, I'm not crazy on the ship/carrier.

BUT it is really nicely done and the tile work is great, my favorite part is the fig's, they look so good. There are barely any filgs with sleevless shirts so I can only assume those are custom.

Great work!

Ha! When I looked at the first pics I thought "it's ok, but..." but then I scrolled down to the interior and wow, I really like how you did it. I suddenly remembered the scene from the first movie: "remember your training and you will make it alive!" when they made the first drop. Very nice MOC, the interior makes it stand apart from the rest. I can't wait to se the rest of the ship :)

(Great detailing like the "straps" to hold the troopers in place when descending. I like functions like that :))

Hi Master Collector, I just wanted to say that this drop ship in progress is looking awesome so far! The drop on Big K has to be one of the best scenes from Starship Troopers! This build is looking very close to the movie model so far, as near as I can tell. Your troopers are nicely done too, the SP III armor is quite fitting and the customized helmets look good as well, very recognizable. The only thing lacking is some of the epic music of Basil Poledouris to accompany this tribute to the Mobile Infantry. :laugh: I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on this work! :classic:

Looks like a very nice start ^^ the interior is really cool and the little "clip" to hold the minifig is a nice idea! ^^

Hello!

I am also a fan of the movie, and the landing box is really great so far. Interior and the soldiers are really nice. I am looking forward to the dropship carrying the box. Keep us updated! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Simply beautiful - seriously love this. Well done! :sweet:

Is there anyway we can see an exploded view of this? I'm sure I and a few others would like to have a go at making our own! :grin:

~A.S.

It's me again^^

I haven't finished the landing ship and I think that I won't finish it in the next years, because I'm no longer interest in LEGO.

Sorry guys..

But I have another Lego Starship Troopers project which I had finished months ago:

Please check out my Lego Starship Troopers Whiskey Outpost on flickr!

4619668070_b23745a5ec_z.jpg

Link:

Edited by Master-Collector

Not a bad start. Too bad you won't be getting around to the ship, maybe you'll be back. :wink:

You're Whiskey Outpost is cool, id like to see the landing ship. My cousin works at the studio, Tippet Studios, that made the alien bugs for the films.

Edited by Legocrazy81

The outpost is fantastic, and please don't give into the dark side and leave Lego behind....I did once for almost 30 years until I saw the light of the brick again....be that a monster police station my son wanted so bad. :laugh:

The gun towers are spot on from the film, but no bugs in sight......not yet anyway ! :devil::laugh:

Brick On Citizen 'Master Collector'.....the Federation will be proud of you ! :grin:

Very cool indeed.

I love how you've incorporated it into the furniture.

Too bad LEGO isn't really your priority anymore. Just don't sell any - it'll be there waiting for your return.

Too bad, I would love to see this build fully finished with all sorts of arachnids... :sweet:

It's me again^^

I haven't finished the landing ship and I think that I won't finish it in the next years, because I'm no longer interest in LEGO.

Sorry guys..

But I have another Lego Starship Troopers project which I had finished months ago:

Please check out my Lego Starship Troopers Whiskey Outpost on flickr!

4619668070_b23745a5ec_z.jpg

Link:

This is really nice, I wonder the reason you limited it's size. It will look great if you build the wholething!

That is really nice. The landing ship is awesome and even has a Colonial Marines feel from Aliens, especially the interior.

How on earth could I miss a Starship Troopers themed MOC? *huh*

Both the landing craft and the outpost look absolutley stunning! Spot on, as good as it can get with Lego at least. It´s such a shame you stoped Lego´ing...