Sign in to follow this  
paul_delahaye

MOC: Lawn Care and Farm Machinery

As we are well and truly snowed in today, a good excuse to post a couple of MOC's I made a while ago. Aplogies for the images sizes, maybe one of the admins can resize for me, i can only locate tutorials for resizing on a PC using MS Paint and I'm using a mac, ahhh

First up a little lawn mower

101_2918.jpg

I decided the grass was getting too much and he needed a more advanced ride on mower.

101_2942.jpg

101_2943.jpg

All mowers together

101_2950.jpg

Finally a couple of farm tractors and trailers, although I am not as happy with the results of these, lets call them version 1. I think they could be better.

farm.jpg

Open to comments :-)

Edited by paul_delahaye

I think they are gread, especially the riding mower with the fold down blades. They all look pretty good and right to scale.

Hello!

Using the old styled 1x4 car roof hinge pieces for a mower is an excellent idea! :classic:

You could, however, resize those huge images which take ages to load. :wink: Then you also could post the images or their thumbnails directly in this thread which makes it more attractive. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

You could, however, resize those huge images which take ages to load. :wink: Then you also could post the images or their thumbnails directly in this thread which makes it more attractive. :classic:

I'm open to offers of help! Can only locate instructions on resizing images for PC users and I'm running a mac!

Managed to fix the images, just they are a little large now.

Paul

Edited by paul_delahaye

Great lawnmowers, :thumbup:

If you have an account for flickr, you can chose the resolution you want to post.

the Inventor

Nice machines, I like their color!

First one is the best, imo!

You can turn the baseplate upside down to imitate flat surface (mowed grass).

Fantastic job on all these lawn mowers :sweet::grin::laugh: , especially the large green one with the very clever roof hinge pieces for the cutters/blades :thumbup: - OMG why didn't I think of that ! :wacko:

Even the simple push powered mower is a different take on my design which is based on the one out of a creator set - Excellent job !!! :grin:

The final photo looks very interesting - more photos of those items please - they look even more interesting than the mowers (those MOCed cows ?).

Keep up the cool work 'Paul_Delahaye' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

Great job on the mowers! I like how you made the cutting blades out of the hinges. I also like your cows :thumbup:

Good work on the mowers. I like your John Deere green and yellow colour scheme. With the snow storm in the UK, I would be tempted to replace the lawn cutting attachments with a snow blower or snow plow blade. :classic:

I'm open to offers of help! Can only locate instructions on resizing images for PC users and I'm running a mac!

Managed to fix the images, just they are a little large now.

Paul

Hello, fellow Mac user!! You can easily resize the pictures from within iPhoto. Select the pictures you want, then select Export. You'll get a dialog box, and you can choose the size of the exported file. "Medium" would probably be a good choice. Hope that helps!

Also, I like your mowers a lot. I live in Chicago, and we're currently getting hammered with snow, so the sight of these mowers was a pleasant little taste of summer!

I like the mowers, and I think the cows are great. Maybe if all the mowers fail, you can release the herd onto the lawn to keep it trimmed? :wink: