Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Artillery Transport

indexed.gif

REVISED IMAGE:

4130384104_8656a75a37_o.jpg

This time our Civil War adventure will lead down the tracks to an Artillery Transport wagon. Not sure if I should post in Train Tech, I opted for the History Forum since it is a Wild West MOC:

4125734516_a06a5bed21_o.jpg

This is quite a nice one TheBrickster! :thumbup:

Wild West trains have my interest, and I hope there might be a small chance you expand this train. :sweet:

Though, I'm not too fond of the red in the wagon, I think brown or black will look better.

But weren't cannons transported in parts? That way they could carry much more cannons with them and they were less fragile during the trip.

I think it would be nice to place some cartwheels and gunbarrels plus some other needs like ammunion and cleaning rods instead of 2 complete cannons.

Again, nice job! :thumbup:

You are surely the master of creating new themed sets.

This falls in line perfectly with the rest of your creations.

Excellent job. Is the rebel flag a sticker or photoshopped.

Hello!

You could easily have your own section in the LEGO® catalogue. :classic: You really have got the knack of what an official set would look like. Another great addition to your growing theme collection! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Though, I'm not too fond of the red in the wagon, I think brown or black will look better.

I had initially used a black base later changing it to the red. I thought red went well with Fort Legoredo, as well as my Confederate Hideout. :grin:

But weren't cannons transported in parts? That way they could carry much more cannons with them and they were less fragile during the trip.

I think it would be nice to place some cartwheels and gunbarrels plus some other needs like ammunion and cleaning rods instead of 2 complete cannons.

Interestingly, I had considered, but was really looking for two cannons set at the same angle - like the old HO train wagons transporting different types of cargo (tractors, pipes, engines, etc.)

Is the rebel flag a sticker or photoshopped.

Actually photo-edited for the picture, but here's the real deal, which I just completed. I call them "Confederate Bricks":

4126650598_cb3f0a0e33_o.jpg

You could easily have your own section in the LEGO® catalogue. :classic: You really have got the knack of what an official set would look like.

Thank you Christopher. That's a really nice compliment. :blush:

The great feedback inspires me to continue building.

Really nice job Brickster. The wagon looks great. Its a bit innacurate since there was little railway out west at the time.

Very simple (meant in a good way) MOC, with - as always - an official set-like appeal. If TLG ever was to release a new Western theme, they'd probably get enough inspiration from your MOCs (the same goes for the Western sets designed by Brick Miner some years ago).

That's a great Western MOC, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

It looks absolutely realistic!

Although I fear that as an official set it woudn't sell that good it would be a great addition to a CS subtheme.

The tan-black-red colors fit very well.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Now let's get those dam Yankie's !

Great MOC, TheBrickster. :thumbup::classic:

I don't mind the base of the flat bed being red, it's very the south of dixie !

Is there an amno/gunpower wagon in the mix somewhere ?

This set would really sell well if released I think, having two cannon plus two soldiers and of course the wagon itself.

Really well done with this TheBrickster! :thumbup:

The colour scheme is Nice!

I love your custom decals! You should do more of these and include them in future MOCs! :sweet::thumbup:

Nicely made aswell!

CommanderFox