Jump to content


Infection - Confirmation & Discussion


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
172 replies to this topic

#101 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

  • Returning Nocturnian Master


    Posts: 6235
    Joined: 30-March 08
    Member: 2955
    Country: Australia

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:05 AM

Eskallon, please stop editing your posts. Makes you look a tad suspicious....

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image


#102 Quarryman

Quarryman

  • It's crap (again)


    Posts: 4059
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1620
    Country: Norway

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

View PostI Scream Clone, on Nov 18 2009, 11:05 AM, said:

Eskallon, please stop editing your posts. Makes you look a tad suspicious....
Indeed.

Eskallon, that's your second edit, remember that if edit your posts more than three times during the whole game, it's right out.
3.14159265358979323846264338327950..

#103 Eskallon

Eskallon

  • Plays with His Ponies in the Corner of His Exploding Glass House


    Posts: 1920
    Joined: 21-November 08
    Member: 4444
    Country: United States

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

Yes sorry, still new to it all. I have 1 more chance and I won't mess it up.

#104 simonjedi

simonjedi

  • PT Jedi are the BEST!


    Posts: 1813
    Joined: 14-September 07
    Member: 1965
    Country: UK

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

Jim was one vote away from becoming a Jimsicle.

Lets see what Night 2 brings.

Posted Image

| 7674 V19 Torrent Starfighter Review |

[*] Dr. Ben Elegnem, head of medical staff in INFECTED (Killed Night 2) (Not Infected)

[*]Jimmy Palmer (Gas Station Attendant) in Prohibition Mafia (Scum)


#105 Quarryman

Quarryman

  • It's crap (again)


    Posts: 4059
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1620
    Country: Norway

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

Sorry to say, but Day 3 won't be up until Sunday, as I'm away from my bricks for the weekend. Was hoping to get it done yesterday, but I was lacking some night actions and thus couldn't post it.
3.14159265358979323846264338327950..

#106 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14677
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

View PostQuarryman, on Nov 20 2009, 04:50 AM, said:

Sorry to say, but Day 3 won't be up until Sunday, as I'm away from my bricks for the weekend. Was hoping to get it done yesterday, but I was lacking some night actions and thus couldn't post it.
Tag Upgraded! :tongue:

Oh, and ... ARE WE DEAD YET? :laugh:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#107 Quarryman

Quarryman

  • It's crap (again)


    Posts: 4059
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1620
    Country: Norway

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

View PostShadows, on Nov 20 2009, 01:06 PM, said:

Tag Upgraded! :tongue:

Oh, and ... ARE WE DEAD YET? :laugh:
Go and take a look, Day 3 is up.
3.14159265358979323846264338327950..

#108 Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls

    Posts: 689
    Joined: 06-October 05
    Member: 507

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

Oi. Well, the whole "Traitor" thing was not my cup of tea from the start.

#109 Commander Flash

Commander Flash

    Posts: 1239
    Joined: 22-January 09
    Member: 5083
    Country: United States

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

Remember; less straight forward  :tongue: . Like Shadows in Noir  :thumbup:
My brickshelf: http://www.brickshel...manderFlash7707
Flickr account: http://www.flickr.co...rflash/?saved=1

Looking for any helpful Town/City based tutorials, such as buildings, cars, and other things in a city. PM if you would like to share tutorials

Posted Image
Carlo Fergusen in Noir Mafia...Died Loyal

#110 Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls

    Posts: 689
    Joined: 06-October 05
    Member: 507

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:27 AM

Hmph. I like how those who suspected me are now flouting it like it's a shield.

Well, I suppose I can tell everyone who the infected are now... :D

Edited by Darkness Falls, 23 November 2009 - 07:29 AM.


#111 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14677
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

View PostSvelte, on Nov 24 2009, 07:22 PM, said:

Plus, as Florentzia says, Suze's hovering finger over the 'edit' button is kind of distracting, since I've found that I've replied to posts that have had stuff added to them by the time I've composed my own reply.
Since this is gameplay and not plot related and the day has ended, I'll just reply to both of you here.

I have never in the history of mafia on EB, edited a post. For those of you who are dense, however, you should be made aware that if I need to add something to a post and it's been less than 20 minutes without any other replies, IPB automatically merges these posts.

It's why a smart poster will preview their message before posting it, especially if you are posting a long reply. As you check your own post, it will also show you if anything has been added by IPB during that time.

And to think that one of you is staff and should know this. :hmpf:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#112 JimBee

JimBee

  • Shroom Eating Cultist


    Posts: 10214
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2436
    Country: USA

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

View PostShadows, on Nov 25 2009, 07:16 AM, said:

Since this is gameplay and not plot related and the day has ended, I'll just reply to both of you here.

I have never in the history of mafia on EB, edited a post. For those of you who are dense, however, you should be made aware that if I need to add something to a post and it's been less than 20 minutes without any other replies, IPB automatically merges these posts.

It's why a smart poster will preview their message before posting it, especially if you are posting a long reply. As you check your own post, it will also show you if anything has been added by IPB during that time.

And to think that one of you is staff and should know this. :hmpf:
In the post I replied to, there were words added to the first line of the post. I don't know as much as you do, but I was aware that when your double posts merge, they get added to the bottom of the post, not change anything else.

Sorry if I offended you, but I don't see how it's fair if you get to edit your posts while everyone else gets yelled at for doing so. If I am wrong, and you did merge them, but changed the first line without editing somehow, then I apologize.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 54-year-old male imp Alchemist, and

Jinnipher Buchaire, 76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

in the Heroica RPG

Wiki


#113 Svelte

Svelte

  • We miss you Schmelt!


    Posts: 5208
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1768
    Country: Australia

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

Well that explains it, but it's still kind of annoying, especially in Mafia games where things move so quiickly.

I replied to one post which I thought was complete, but by the time I had done that another paragraph had been added which directly addressed me. Later readers of that conversation may have found it odd that I hadn't addressed the original post fully, but that was because it had changed in the meantime.

Are we supposed to wait 20 minutes then to make sure no new info is added?

That's why if I'm multi-quoting I generally open a reply in a new tab, edit it, and then submit everything at once.

#114 Quarryman

Quarryman

  • It's crap (again)


    Posts: 4059
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1620
    Country: Norway

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

View PostSvelte, on Nov 25 2009, 08:16 PM, said:

Are we supposed to wait 20 minutes then to make sure no new info is added?

That's why if I'm multi-quoting I generally open a reply in a new tab, edit it, and then submit everything at once.
That's what the preview button is for, it will also refresh the thread and then you can see if there's been any new posts you have to address. :wink:


Anyway, the conclusion to Day 3 has been posted.
3.14159265358979323846264338327950..

#115 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt


    Posts: 30736
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

Everyone, not just staff, merges posts that are posted 20 minutes or earlier after your most recent post. The topic will appear as unread if you finish replying and someone posted before you hit "Add Reply." So, if you finish a post and the thread comes up as unread, check the post or two before yours as well as any posts that appear after.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#116 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14677
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

View PostJimButcher, on Nov 25 2009, 01:10 PM, said:

In the post I replied to, there were words added to the first line of the post.

If I am wrong, and you did merge them, but changed the first line without editing somehow, then I apologize.
You are completely wrong. There were no words added, removed or changed in the first line of any post I've made in this or any other game (actually, I posted in MC2 after I died and edited my post without authorization while announcing the EB News coverage associated with it, but that was a joke). Any additions to any actual game post have been the IPB post merge which I would gladly disable if I could, but people make stupid mistakes and post things in triplicate that way otherwise. For that matter, I wish it was possible to disable editing completely just for specific topics, but that isn't even possible.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#117 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5615
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: USA

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

so what was in her belly with all that talk of scars and bad things happening when he dies, I'm confugled
(it's ok i I post here right? :grin: )

~Insectoid Aristocrat

OCTAN IS HIRING! SIGN UP NOW! Join us in Eurobrick's newest Sci-fi RBG, Andromeda's Gates! Let's build worlds together!

Here's my Flickr account.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sylph Solanum LvL 25 Druid in Heroica

Danr the Dragon Slayer! In TPRU's Ragnarok Now 3, Mafia game!

/|\_M_/|\
|


#118 Quarryman

Quarryman

  • It's crap (again)


    Posts: 4059
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1620
    Country: Norway

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

View Postdannylonglegs, on Nov 26 2009, 03:42 PM, said:

so what was in her belly with all that talk of scars and bad things happening when he dies, I'm confugled
(it's ok i I post here right? :grin: )
Everything will be revealed once the game is over, I have no further comments. :wink:
3.14159265358979323846264338327950..

#119 JimBee

JimBee

  • Shroom Eating Cultist


    Posts: 10214
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2436
    Country: USA

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

View PostShadows, on Nov 26 2009, 06:51 AM, said:

You are completely wrong. There were no words added, removed or changed in the first line of any post I've made in this or any other game (actually, I posted in MC2 after I died and edited my post without authorization while announcing the EB News coverage associated with it, but that was a joke). Any additions to any actual game post have been the IPB post merge which I would gladly disable if I could, but people make stupid mistakes and post things in triplicate that way otherwise. For that matter, I wish it was possible to disable editing completely just for specific topics, but that isn't even possible.
Alright, then, I am sorry, I must have been mistaken. I also wish editing could just be disabled in the Wargames forum, but at least it's not a huge problem.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 54-year-old male imp Alchemist, and

Jinnipher Buchaire, 76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

in the Heroica RPG

Wiki


#120 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5615
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: USA

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

View PostQuarryman, on Nov 26 2009, 11:13 AM, said:

Everything will be revealed once the game is over, I have no further comments. :wink:

Oh thanx this is gunna be killing me :tongue:
~Insectoid Aristocrat

OCTAN IS HIRING! SIGN UP NOW! Join us in Eurobrick's newest Sci-fi RBG, Andromeda's Gates! Let's build worlds together!

Here's my Flickr account.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sylph Solanum LvL 25 Druid in Heroica

Danr the Dragon Slayer! In TPRU's Ragnarok Now 3, Mafia game!

/|\_M_/|\
|


#121 Quarryman

Quarryman

  • It's crap (again)


    Posts: 4059
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1620
    Country: Norway

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

And yay for quick players, Day 4 is up. :classic:

(and yes, I do need to a) build another corridor, and b) take some more pics of Ivanova :blush:)
3.14159265358979323846264338327950..

#122 Darth_Legois

Darth_Legois

  • Bagel Heretic


    Posts: 2241
    Joined: 03-April 07
    Member: 1496
    Country: Australia

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:24 AM

Sorry for not being very active, Hard to think straight when you're throwing up and have a massive fever. :sadnew:  :blush:

I'm fine now though. :classic:

#123 Zapper Brick

Zapper Brick

  • Another fan of the wet pants


    Posts: 675
    Joined: 17-May 09
    Member: 6112

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

Heavily God? *huh*  Esk, Quarry will kill you for calling him fat. :tongue:
Dead Sandy Sanders and Zane
I died as loyal Zita in Noir Mafia, and I was appearing as Mme. Florence in Mafstraw Manor. (I won!) I was appearing in Prohibition Mafia as Mayor Franklin White. Appearing as Zane Collinham

#124 Quarryman

Quarryman

  • It's crap (again)


    Posts: 4059
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1620
    Country: Norway

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

View PostZapper Brick, on Nov 27 2009, 08:17 PM, said:

Heavily God? *huh*  Esk, Quarry will kill you for calling him fat. :tongue:
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant "heavenly" :tongue:
3.14159265358979323846264338327950..

#125 Eskallon

Eskallon

  • Plays with His Ponies in the Corner of His Exploding Glass House


    Posts: 1920
    Joined: 21-November 08
    Member: 4444
    Country: United States

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

View PostZapper Brick, on Nov 27 2009, 07:17 PM, said:

Heavily God? *huh*  Esk, Quarry will kill you for calling him fat. :tongue:

Sorry I meant heavenly :tongue: , at least I didn't edit any posts. :laugh:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users