How many figures will be in the portal?6 or 7?

It will be a great Atlantis set,if it have manta warrior and ship.

Edited by MantaMan

I'm pretty sure they're gills why do you think I called him that? :tongue: Anyway the eyes used to look like the manta mans eyes on a green head so they do look different.

Probably.

Argh! My edit function is stuffy (I'm on an Ipod Touch sometimes) so I double-posted by accident.

A while back, someone mentioned a portal key or something. Is that confirmed to exist? I'd like a new ring in a new colour, maybe purple?

Yes there is Yellow ring with portal pattern

4275927437_3781ae5590_o.jpg

Well, technically, all the rings have that pattern-- most just have a sea creature image in front of it.

I'd be really grateful if there were more than one "placeholder ring" of this sort in the set, so there's still an incentive to buy other sets. However, for all we know there might not be any of that sort in the final set, and this ring image could be preliminary.

Wow! Only about $3.50 each...that's like an impulse set! :oh:

Free shipping too!

But the question we're all dying to hear the answer to is: is the quality of the plastic normal or Chinese?

They have print on the neck so i would say its a safe bet they are not Chinese

Well, technically, all the rings have that pattern-- most just have a sea creature image in front of it.

I'd be really grateful if there were more than one "placeholder ring" of this sort in the set, so there's still an incentive to buy other sets. However, for all we know there might not be any of that sort in the final set, and this ring image could be preliminary.

If you look at the prelim boxes from the Toy Fair, all five rings were shown without the creature on front. It is almost certainly a preliminary image.

Some new news about the future of Alantis: TLC's internal magazine "The Brick" revealed that the theme will be continuing with new sets and a new storyline in 2011, making it the first non-licensed theme to be confirmed for next year. :wink:

Edited by Grevious

Some new news about the future of Alantis: TLC's internal magazine "The Brick" revealed that the theme will be continuing with new sets and a new storyline in 2011, making it the first non-licensed theme to be confirmed for next year. :wink:

Ooh, great! Can't wait to see what's coming up.

I'm guessing rings will be gone, possibly replaced with something else.

oh! yes!

So, I wonder what the new storyline will be? I go with my old theory, that they'll try to discover the origin of the creatures.

To be really honest, I'll only be interested in the new lineup if there are small sets or new creatures.

I still haven't got a single set yet; I'm waiting for the portal set. If I miss out on the set, I'll be really disappointed.

My bet is that they go to the center of the earth and find lava mantas.

Atlantis 2011 eh ?

How about the Atlantis crew sent in to recover a downed alien spacecraft off the sea bed and the aliens are still alive as they can breathe both in water and regular air ? ...........Just a thought !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

There probably just gonna switch from Divers submarines, to underwater mutant vehicles.

Our good friend Bobby Buoy translates what the Atlantian writing on the giant Shark says in the new Club magazine:

"A little rusty, but I'll give it a shot. "If... You... Can... Read... This..."

(Shark breaks out from rock)

""YOU'RE LUNCH!""

New to me! (Although we've seen the sea-dragon separately).

Thanks for the pic!

Thanks for the updated picture. I was wondering what ever happened to that set. The transforming function is definitely new to me.

Old, but bigger picture of the alternate model + sea dragon.

Thanks for the new pics Pig! You're on the frontpage. :classic:

I'll deeplink the other pics here as well.

4275927579_6e00bd9951_o.jpg

4275927483_ed7bc06194_o.jpg

4275927395_2c42514b2e_o.jpg

Love that snake!

It looks better as a mecha, I think.

Yeah the crawler mode is sorta ugly.

These are a little bit similar to the last wave of alphateam sets that could transform between walker and crawler modes.

Yeah the crawler mode is sorta ugly.

These are a little bit similar to the last wave of alphateam sets that could transform between walker and crawler modes.

:hmpf_bad: stupid dead sheep shoes, don't reming me.

Well, this is a surprising twist to what I thought was a mecha-less sci-fi theme. (S-P is sooo next!) I have to say, the mecha is definitely my favorite too. I wish we could see a bigger picture of that mecha!

The sea dragon is still disappointing, as it is incredibly large headed.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Have we seen this one yet?

8080-box.jpg

I found it in whungs brickshelf.I can't see a water mark so i guess it's ok to post.

awesome.... i'm sorry but I'm still having a hard time swallowing this up.... is this for real?

Atlantis Mecha Transforming LEGO!?!?!

if this is REAL.... WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Wow! That's awesome! I already liked the set as a vehicle, but this makes it a must-buy! :thumbup:

It's probably gonna be expensive though. :sceptic:

Wow, very cool! I don't remember seeing this set 8080 at the recent Toy Fairs, is this Europe only, or a store exclusive?

Thanks for the pic Black Rabbit, a very cool looking Atlantis set, espeically in mecha mode. And that sea monster is really neat too, I quite like the tail design.

Shame about the inclusion of the technic shooter though, it seemed like TLC was fading away from using those. Still, rare is good, and the rest of the set is sweet, though I doubt I'll buy it this is a great exclusive.

Batbrick Away! :devil: