Who IS this guy??

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic  – Started by Sting , Oct 19 2005 10:26 PM

#51 Scouty

Scouty
  • 6 weeks late to the party!

Member: 863

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:14 PM

I reread the story and realised, " wow, steves life must have been terrible".
Of course i know that he proved himself and such, though only being in piracy for 20 years or something, his family has pretty much ended and that he is truly an unlucky guy( to be killed by a canon, ouch)
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#52 Hinckley

Hinckley
  • Reay for 2017!

Member: 486

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:19 PM

View PostMister Phes, on Oct 10 2006, 11:01 PM, said:

He is Steve...

Steve was born in Liverpool friday march 13th 1701 in Liverpool. He was the youngest of a family of 9 boys and 3 girls. But life was hard in Liverpool, so his dad became an sailor but lost his life in a tragic accident, he feel down from a mast, wile he was trying to catch a segal..... Steves mom could not get a job, so she had to ask people for money, and if the month where hard sell her self..... She died in 1715 when she walked in front of a horse.. Some say it was an iccident, boths say she did it on her own.. she was tired of life, and did not want to see here anoying kids any more...

Phes, where did you get this story?

;-)

#53 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • WordPress Wizard

Member: 273

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

View Posthinckley39, on Oct 11 2006, 10:19 AM, said:

Phes, where did you get this story?
;-)

Its a joke.

#54 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:33 AM

View PostMister Phes, on Oct 10 2006, 08:04 PM, said:

Its a joke.
So was his post, if I'm not mistaken  :-P

#55 Hinckley

Hinckley
  • Reay for 2017!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:35 AM

View PostStarwars4J, on Oct 11 2006, 12:33 AM, said:

So was his post, if I'm not mistaken  :-P

Yes, that's what the wink means...

#56 Scouty

Scouty

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:13 AM

hmmm, I forgot that he is born on Friday the 13th, should have been in October  ;-)  *skull* .

I think the story was one of the first replys posted in the beginning of this thread.
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#57 Hinckley

Hinckley
  • Reay for 2017!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:25 AM

View PostImperialScouts, on Oct 11 2006, 01:13 AM, said:

I think the story was one of the first replys posted in the beginning of this thread.

We know. We're joking. At least I think we all know, Phes might still not understand...

;-)  (means joking...)

#58 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • WordPress Wizard

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:07 PM

View Posthinckley39, on Oct 11 2006, 12:25 PM, said:

We know. We're joking. At least I think we all know, Phes might still not understand...

;-)  (means joking...)

This whole "it was a joke thing" is getting really old so I must pull rank and insist everyone discuss the mini-figure in quesiton or I'll have to close the thread close.  Yes, I encouraged it but I didn't expect it to continue on for the next 5 posts, so now I must end it.  And no, I don't care if you continually repeat that I don't understand since you're making yourself appear unintelligent as I've explained 3 times I realised it was a joke and I just wanted to know where that joke came from.  You're like a parrot squawking the same thing over and over X-D

But the thread is about this mini-figure

Posted Image

So lets discuss

#59 Hinckley

Hinckley
  • Reay for 2017!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:58 PM

(Sorry I took the joke too far. I think you're a great moderator and have a lot of fun, so I thought we were just playing. Sorry I took the chop-busting too far.)

I like this mini-figure a lot! It's one of my favorite. I wish I had ten, but it looks like that would cost $300!
Anyway, besides the great story we got from double T, do you think he was included in the SES as part of the crew or as a prisoner?

#60 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • WordPress Wizard

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

That's something I've been wondering myself.  As far as I'm aware there's no documentation anywhere that provides an indentity for this character.  As much as I know by past pirate fanatics he's been dubbed "The Merchant" and his ship "The Cutter", but that's definitely not official.

#61 Scouty

Scouty

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:03 AM

Hmmm, prisoner. Kindof compared to the other pirates, that would seem logical, he doesn't look piratical to me at all!
.Posted Image

#62 jamtf

jamtf

Member: 971

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

Oh come on, he is no prisoner!

He would have been held captive below deck if he was. He is not even forced to walk the plank! On the front of the box he is shown with the (incorrect) Captain Roger head with red beard and eyepatch and he has a flintlock gun and a cutlass in his hand just like his fellow crew mates. That looks like a genuine pirate to me. Prisoners do not carry arms when the rest of the crew is present. Since he is the only one with the neat white shirt and the brown vest, I think he is the 2nd most important man on the ship and a superior compared to the horitzontally striped shirts crew and the 2 blue shirt guys. Of course Captain Roger is the man in charge but in my opinion this guy is the one that should hold the ship on course, the first mate or helmsman so to say. Imagine him at the steering wheel with a black or brown cape during rough weather circumstances and perhaps you get the same feeling about him as I do.
Pirate captain to governor: "Dear Sir, In answer to your request not to proceed with our current undertakings, we acknowledge that we will gladly arrange your settlements being attacked properly... Arrgh"

Posted Image

Died in the third night as Shiraz the wine seller (or was it poison brewer) in Prince of Persia: Death in the Sands of Time

#63 Hinckley

Hinckley
  • Reay for 2017!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:22 PM

View Postjamtf, on Oct 12 2006, 11:44 AM, said:

Oh come on, he is no prisoner!

As ImperialScouts pointed out he doesn't look piratical at all. Maybe he broke free from below deck where he was being held captive and grabbed a gun and is attempting a heroic escape!

#64 jamtf

jamtf

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:54 PM

View Posthinckley39, on Oct 12 2006, 07:22 PM, said:

As ImperialScouts pointed out he doesn't look piratical at all. Maybe he broke free from below deck where he was being held captive and grabbed a gun and is attempting a heroic escape!

Well, to me he looks like a pirate. Not all pirates have a pegleg and an eyepatch. He belongs to the ship anyway and fits the other guys nicely. Also, merchants sometimes became or were actual pirates!

Perhaps the lady on board isn't a pirate either. She is most likely the governor's daughter. No, to me they are all pirate crew and I think Lego intended it that way. They wanted to have more different minifigs and I think they added the rather unique ascot guy to the crew just for diversity.
Pirate captain to governor: "Dear Sir, In answer to your request not to proceed with our current undertakings, we acknowledge that we will gladly arrange your settlements being attacked properly... Arrgh"

Posted Image

Died in the third night as Shiraz the wine seller (or was it poison brewer) in Prince of Persia: Death in the Sands of Time

#65 Hinckley

Hinckley
  • Reay for 2017!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

View Postjamtf, on Oct 12 2006, 05:54 PM, said:

Well, to me he looks like a pirate. Not all pirates have a pegleg and an eyepatch. He belongs to the ship anyway and fits the other guys nicely. Also, merchants sometimes became or were actual pirates!

Perhaps the lady on board isn't a pirate either. She is most likely the governor's daughter. No, to me they are all pirate crew and I think Lego intended it that way. They wanted to have more different minifigs and I think they added the rather unique ascot guy to the crew just for diversity.

Let's just agree to play with our toys however our imaginations see fit. I think Steve would have wanted it that way...

Nice on the governor's daughter bit. I think you are right!

#66 Scouty

Scouty

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

View Postjamtf, on Oct 12 2006, 12:54 PM, said:

[snip]

I'm not saying all pirates have peglegs and such. To me, pirate's clothing weren't that good looking, they were rags or the striped. Steve looks alot nicer than that! I'm willing to say that he may be a pirate, but like hinckley39 says, let our imagination make people who to be who. :-)
.Posted Image

#67 Governor Broadside

Governor Broadside

Member: 777

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:43 AM

View Postjamtf, on Oct 12 2006, 04:44 AM, said:

On the front of the box he is shown with the (incorrect) Captain Roger head with red beard and eyepatch and he has a flintlock gun and a cutlass in his hand just like his fellow crew mates.
Which set is that?  I've never seen that before.  Got a pic?

I've always thought of Steve/Roy as brothers, and relatives of Red Beard, because of the red beard.  One was an honest merchant who worked for Governor Woolhouse(?) at ITP, and the other was a pirate that Red Beard allowed into his crew.

BTW, funny story about "Steve". :-D

#68 jamtf

jamtf

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:04 AM

View PostGovernor Broadside, on Oct 13 2006, 06:43 AM, said:

Which set is that?  I've never seen that before.  Got a pic?

I've always thought of Steve/Roy as brothers, and relatives of Red Beard, because of the red beard.  One was an honest merchant who worked for Governor Woolhouse(?) at ITP, and the other was a pirate that Red Beard allowed into his crew.

BTW, funny story about "Steve". :-D

The box I am talking about is the 6286 Skulls Eye Schooner box. Also the picture of the set on Lugnet shows the front cover photo of the box. If you look at it, you can see that "Steve" was given the Captain Roger head by accident. The head in the set itself is the one with the red beard but without eyepatch, a unique head that was only used on this fig and the merchant in 6277.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links