Lady K

[Challenge 2] [Cat A] The Black Dragonfly

With the strange signals coming in from the center of the galaxy, The Council Of Five set all M.A.N.T.I.S. operatives on high alert. Ship design and construction flourished under the new pressure to build lighter, smaller and faster spacecraft. The result was The Black Dragonfly. A light weight highly maneuverable spacecraft that can sneak up on any opponent before they even know it is there. Designed for deep infiltration behind enemy lines, The Black Dragonfly can carry a crew of two, or in the case of the very first one built a crew of one human and one ORB. With the latest in sensor technology and three smaller more powerful engines, the craft can fly in to spy or pirate data from enemy sensors and fly out without being detected. If a combat situation arises, the craft carries 4 guns, 2 in front and 2 in back. Initial test are proving worthy of a fleet of Dragonfly spacecraft to be built.

20090901172_db47acbbd6_c.jpg

19910838920_9d1d902e51_c.jpg

19910829240_33f65105d7_c.jpg

Rumors have it that The Green Dragonfly will be built next.

Thanks for looking and reading. C&C Welcome.

Badass! Love the Insectoid vibe! The flipper-like wings are an awesome touch! The design is very unique, and quite effctive! Excellent work!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

This is just menacingly awesome! I loove how the cockpit canopylooks - kind of reminds me of a shiny insect exoskeleton...which is just the way M.A.N.T.I.S. cockpits should look like!

Really cool design and some great choices in colors. MANTIS doesn't use red enough.

A very appropriate name for a beautiful ship!

It's elegant, and I can completely imagine its wings undulating as they flap through the alien skies, sneaking up on an unsuspecting target.

It really looks like a dragonfly. Great use of the trans orange windshields, and the wings being set at varied angles looks great :thumbup: