Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Stage Coach Ambush: Wild West MOC by Sir Nadroj

Hello again. Here is my second WW MOC as suggested by Mr. M. in my Gold Mine thread. This is a Stagecoach ambush. I tried to stick with colourful, yet classic colours for the coach. You may also reognize the driver from the mine. ;-) This one was semi-complicated since the right and left sides of the vechile are built upside-down. There is a spot on top for luggage and money, of course! X-D

There is also a small cliff/rock formation, where my two bandits are hiding out ready to strike and make off with the loot! The woman's head, and the driver's head are reversible for a scared effect. Also, the green spheres on the rocks are cacti, in case you're wondering. ;-)

coach1.jpg

coach2.jpg

coach3.jpg

coach4.jpg

coach5.jpg

coach6.jpg

coach7.jpg

coach8.jpg

coach9.jpg

coach91.jpg

coach92.jpg

coach93.jpg

coach95.jpg

coach96.jpg

coach97.jpg

coach98.jpg

Thanks for looking, here's the MOC page: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/36672

As always, feeback is appreciated! :-)

Ah, here it is! And it looks great! I only have one complaint- the rear looks a bit weird. Stagecoaches usually had a flat tray in the back to put larger luggage, such as trunks, on. I don't have a picture of the rear, but here you can see some of it:

274%20Stagecoach%20at%20High%20Desert%20Museum.jpg

Thanks!

I know what you mean about the back. This was the referance pic I used, so I tried to make it look something like this:

coach3.jpg

Sorta looks similar. X-D

I like this one but then again I like all WW MOCs *y*

I love the small shutter technique used as doors it really looks nice

The best method for stagecoach doors by far

Thanks for sharing

Piranha

Wild West Nadroj strikes again with another great model. Good use of SNOT too by the way. *sweet*

good attempt, Sir !!! as stagecoaches are VERY hard. though, i think the yellow and red don't converge all that well. and the blue doors add to the color imbalance.

i wish i had more constructive input/suggestions for you, but i think the general opinion is that my first attempt at a stagecoach was a failure. so i don't feel justified in giving any suggestions. i really don't have any good answers myself for solving the shape of a western style coach... i like said, it's tough.

I love the small shutter technique used as doors it really looks nice

The best method for stagecoach doors by far

yes, it does seem like this is the best technique seen, doesn't it.

is TheBrickster credited with originating this 8-|

- BM

That's great! I wouldn't change ... ok, I'd change one thing. Luggage area railings. That's the only area lacking for me, it needs a higher top railing on the sides.

Oh, and glancing back, I'd tile off those studs facing down into the windows, but that's me. I'm not sure if that would make the openings too small, but I'd try it once to see.

With or without that, it's *y* *y* *y*

great work SirNadroj really nice Moc! ;-) love the little cacti on the scenery! Reminds me of my holiday to America this summer where we went to a little cowboy town. We got a little stagecoach ride and then a bandit jumped out and tryed to rob us!

My family convinced him we had no gold and he let us continue, it was great! :-D

(me was an actor obviously! X-D )

You've done really well with this! It looks really nice, and I like the way you built the rock piece, instead of using a BURP. The cacti look cool too. *y* Great job! :-D

Wow, a very interesting and innovative building technique, a strong color scheme and

an overall very lovely scenery with beautiful MFs and fine details. Very cool work! *y*

Thanks everyone! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I may branch out in the western theme i.e, Indians/town theme, etc. but I don't have any ideas yet. I'll look through those other threads! ;-)

Make more! Make more! :-D

That is really great SirNadroj! I prefer the mine still but what you've done has really redefined how to build stagecoaches. The upsidedown technique must have been hard! *wacko*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

I too, love the prickly pears. *y*

The coach is also an inovative creation. The use of inverted arches is perfecto.

Even the studs on the ceiling give the impression of curtains.

Thanks for the kind words!

Even the studs on the ceiling give the impression of curtains.

Yeah, I never looked at it that way, but you're right! ;-)