Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

Looking at the prelims I cannot wait to see official pics soon. It looks to me like there are 2 types of mummy faces, one uncovered, and one only partially uncovered. The first reveals the mummy's entire face and the second only has one eye peeking out. It seems more than plausible to me that these are reversible, as in you have both printed on one head and you face out whichever you want.

Does anyone else notice this?

Nice catch. I did notice that till I went back and looked! :laugh:

/slightly manic/

Ok... If they are being stocked in US now and there will be a Lego Store in Cardiff opening "soon", ergo Pre-Christmas then they are going to stock lots of cool stuff to attract customers away from The Entertainer who are likely to have some kind of price cut due to sudden and real competition in the town center. This means that they will have new and unreleased in the uk before sets which means I can go buy Pharaoh's Quest at the opening :thumbup:

/insane troll logic off.

Now I just need to see the hi-res pics from TLG.

And so it begins! Hope we see these in the UK soon.

I think this is a theme that could have a lot of play value, I am really looking forward to Pharoah's Quest :classic:

I just saw the HD prelims on toysnbricks,and they were Awsome! :laugh:

Could you post a link?

I don't make a habit of reading that site, being UK based and all.

Over at brickset,the reports are coming in that someone got the set "golden staff guardians"!The fig pic is blurry but I will say that the sets look awesome!

Thanks to kevin1990 over at Toys N Bricks, we now have higher resolution images of the boxes. (They are marked as confidential, however).

Lookin' Good! :thumbup:

Yeah, and these are not the final versions either (no gold printing on the Anubis figs, wrong heads etc.)

But since the sets already is starting to appear we will have real picture very soon.

On this website there are finalized pictures of the Pharaoh's Quest 2011 sets, among other themes! :cry_happy:

Oh yes. These look great. :thumbup:

The Pyramid in particular is spectacular. It's full and complete looking with lots of great extras. My personal favorite, though, would have to be that biplane.

Atlantis looks fantastic too. 2011 is looking great.

EDIT:

http://www.superspeelgoed.nl/lego-2263-turbo-shredder-p-9296.html

What the $%*&?

Edited by Algernon

not to go off topic, but atlantis really looks outstanding, i love the color scheme, imo it's much better than from the previous bunch of sets.

not to go off topic, but atlantis really looks outstanding, i love the color scheme, imo it's much better than from the previous bunch of sets.

Atlantis looks good, yeah. Mostly the temple set looks great. PQ is more interesting imo.

Pharaoh's Quest pics for Peppermint_M :classic:

7305-1.jpg

7307-1.jpg

7326-1.jpg

7306-1.jpg

7327-1.jpg

7325-1.jpg

The sphinx looks weird, but everything else is awesome! :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Some observations:

- Looks like a lot of stickers. Or are they printed pieces?

- Every set has a cool vehicle except the one impulse set

- Modern assault rifles? Wow.

- Female minifig is always notable.

- What is the giant snake's head made out of?

- Pyramid set is huge, but it does have a big specialized baseplate

Pharaoh's Quest is looking pretty cool!

That pyramid is even more epic than I thought but I am deeply disappointed with the coffin and its lack of printing. :hmpf_bad: The sphinx looks like it could be really cool with some major MODs to the body and I really like the other Egyptian structures like the obelisk the staff and snake stands and that pyramid once again is just too cool for words! It looks like there's going to be a huge interior and the human vehicles are pretty nice too! I just wish we could get better pics of our jackal headed friend and Horus.

Is it just me or are those RAF logos on the wings of that biplane and machine guns on top?

The new curved swords (Kopesh) on the various mummies along with the Scarab beetle shields look cool, as does that red motorbike.

The only set that really interests me is the small one with the motorbike, the others only look good as sources of tan parts.

The only guns I can see in these sets are the old Rifle piece that has been around for years and the Batman machine gun (with the round magazine) stuck into various other parts to make the barrel longer. I dont see any "assault rifles" in these sets.

Edited by jonwil

- Modern assault rifles? Wow.

I just see the same old rifles that the Adventurers used, and the Tommy Guns on the vehicles, but those aren't modern.

This line is looking pretty awesome.