Bluecoat officer

What is your favorite ship

If you were a captain would you sail a lego ship already made or would you custom one (if you do, what is it like) or do you think lego should make a real historic ship (if so which one, why, and what is it like)?

I would like to get a new Car.Clipper. But with 2 decks, 4 cannon and it should have a more military look. I don t want real Historie ships, because I think Lego shall be free of real nation, races, religions...

Edited by Matthias

I don t want real Historie ships, because I think Lego shall be free of real nation, races, religions...

Says the bluecoat... the bluecoats are obviously inspired by the British Navy and definitely not the French. pirate_laugh2.gif

I wish Lego would make bow and hull sections 6-8 studs wider to allow for bigger ships to be made

6-8 studs wider would be huge! I don't think I'd be able to afford a ship made to a scale that size.

I'd actually prefer a set of hull parts 2-4 studs thinner. I already have one huge ship (The Imperial Flagship) at the upper end of the scale I would want a Lego ship at, two mid-sized ones and I wouldn't mind a couple of smaller ships as well.

To answer the actual question of this thread, I'd go with the Imperial Flagship. It has actual decks, a kitchen (galley?), even an organ.

well,two mid-sized ones and I wouldn't mind a couple of smaller ships as well.57.gif

Edited by qixuedecs

The title of this topic is slightly misleading and I've been avoiding it for that reason. I've stated elsewhere that my favorite official ship is the first Imperial Flagship: she's very sleek, the decorated sails are lovely and she just looks fast and agile. But it's hard to overlook the BSB, SES, and 10210 IFS for their size, detail and larger sail plans. Anything is possible with custom hulls, but I'd like to see 24- or even 32-stud-wide prefabs - with accurate sloping at the waterline! I realize some people are happy with the 12s and "wide" 16s but some of us would gladly buy large, minifig-scale prefab hulls in wider sizes if they were available. No brick-built approach is perfect for creating the complex curves (especially the bow) but large prefabs would come close. I know I'm dreaming... so I guess I'll have to make my own!

The best Lego ship is 2010 Imperial Flagship. No posible doubt about that point. I admit I like BSB more, but being realistic, the Imperial Flagship is better

Proud owner of 10210 imperial flagship, best ship by far due to 2nd deck, seconded by 2009 pirate ship

Edited by blackdeathgr

I think I'd have to pick the 10210 Inperial Flagship as far as an official LEGO set goes, as it IS my most prized set and I love all the detailing and the plethora of cannons. However, as for a REAL ship I think It would be really cool to captain a massive early-19th century Ship-of-the-line, especially a wooden giant like the Santisima Trinidad or the famous HMS Victory.