Mafia Sunset - Day 1: The Beginning

Players only, please!

11895468354_a1fb349b2d_o.png

~~~

June 5th, 1985

The Malone Estate, Puesta Del Sol, Nocturno Island

Evening

14363685995_8900d50a75_o.png

After a tiring day of debauchery, the bosses and the guests have been called over to the pool to discuss business with the Malones. Clouds loom over Nocturno Island, shielding everyone from the angry evening sun.

14383869553_e8fd6b0c41_o.png

Bernard Malone and his younger son walk out of the mansion, Bernard's cat in tow.

14340587016_e5b10cacff_o.png

"Everyone, may I have your attention, please!" he booms, pulling everyone away from their drinks.

14177114620_caf2acdc5f_o.png

"Now, I'm sure you're all wondering why I've invited you all here for this little visit. As much as I'd like to be able to say that we're all here for a much-needed vacation, that is sadly not the case..." he begins, making a welcoming hand gesture, "I've called you all her today for a very special project - one that I'd rather not botch."

Everyone listens in anticipation, waiting to hear what their task is.

"Now, since the United States' tensions with the Soviets are beginning to die down, this is bad news for us. I'm sure as most of you know, we've been making a pretty hefty profit off of the war industries. I'm not about to let some simple politics sink our family, though. With all of your help, we're going to get the international tensions up and running again."

"How the hell are we gonna do that?" someone blurts out.

"What an excellent question -" Bernard laughs before answering, "by stealing a bomb, of course."

14177108319_8b7185d2ce_o.png

"Our good friend, Mr. de Villa..." the Godfather begins,

"The Eighth!" the drunken drug lord slurs, interrupting Bernard.

"...The Eighth..." he calmly continues, "has in his possession several ships that the Americans have been known to use for secret missions - particularly over into Eurasia. We'll be using those ships for transporting the goods back home - in order to make sure the Soviets think the Americans are behind this whole thing."

14363685215_d86c3cf6ea_o.png

"All dealings with the cargo will be overseen by Miss Lombard, here, with input from Dr. Norton. These two are certified professionals in the field of nuclear rockets..."

"Actually, good sir, if I may add an addendum at this point in time, I'd like to make clear that while I am certified to teach nuclear physics - at Columbia University, at that - rockets are a bit... ahem, out of my..." Jasper tries to assert, fidgeting uncomfortably.

"Whatever. It was something like that. Who cares." Bernard interrupts, moving on.

14177215467_045f64bdeb_o.png

"Dr. Norton and Miss Lombard will be flying in to Moscow under the guise of reporters following Miss Jefferson and her photographer to the Kremlin, where she's scheduled for an exclusive photoshoot."

"Oh, I siiiiimply cannot wait to seeeee it, Calvin - can you!?" the model exclaims, twirling her dress.

Calvin Normandeau makes an apathetic grunt and replies, "Yes, it sure will be something to smell."

14340585786_80eae65c0c_o.png

"The hard labor will be supplied by the best men of my best men - the hardworking chiefs of the Malone Empire! Their grunt workers from each of their respective districts will come along on the ships and transport the cargo - under the supervision of our scientists - from the warehouses back to the ships."

Tiffany doesn't hear him, however, as she's literally drunk under the table.

14177215687_7403ec75e8_o.png

"And of course, the entire operation will be funded by Mr. Feng's generous investments..."

"I better get my money back, Malone..." the businessman mumbles under his breath.

"别担心,我的雇主。如果他们不给您您的钱,我就~杀~他。" Mei-Zhen says sarcastically, rolling her eyes. It loses it's comedic effect, however, since nobody else speaks Chinese.

14340585556_530a9cc56f_o.png

"Well, that's all, folks." he wraps up, "Enjoy the rest of your evening! I expect to see you all tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on the dot for further instructions. Sleep well, everyone!"

~~~

June 6th, 1985

Dawn

14340585576_0f8243725f_o.png

Sinclair, unable to sleep, sits by the pool, petting Bernard's cat, Ferrari.

"Aren't you a good girl?? Yes you are!" he purrs at her, stroking her head gently. He has to be careful not to let her fall into the pool - he may be a cool guy, but he's still got a long ways to go before he can get a feline wet that easily.

14177214657_df09472dc3_o.png

Suddenly, Ferrari begins to hiss at something in the water.

"Hey, hey, I wasn't gonna let you fall in, calm down!" Sinclair hisses at her, getting up.

14360367321_b21f5a1755_o.png

Unfortunately, he saw all too late why she was hissing...

~~~

June 6th, 1985

Morning

14362794594_ea8770c487_o.png

Sinclair's bloated body floats face-down in the pool, his face discolored from a lack of oxygen.

"Oh my God!" Tam Malone yells, taken aback by the sudden corpse.

"No! No no no!" Bernard screams, his face contorting with rage. "Who did this to him!? Who!?"

14363683405_a98a695eba_o.png

"They're here with us, Thomas, they're after us - traitors! Go get them up. I'll line them up by firing squad if I have to - I'll kill every god damned lousy traitor on this island! They're gonna wish they never messed with the Malones!"

~~~

This is

The Family

14001015267_f60aeb5b28_o.png Bernard W. Malone - The Malone's Godfather; father of Colin and Tam. - NPC

14001015137_1cc22c8080_o.png Thomas "Tam" Malone - Waiter; son of Bernard and brother of Colin. - NPC

14000960429_c3f56a7e40_o.png Colin Malone - Waiter; son of Bernard and brother of Tam - NPC

The Bosses

14000980490_dec985db6c_o.png Tiffany Knightley - Boss of Boston - Played by Trumpetking

14187597364_2eff59cf56_o.png"Fritz" Fitzgerald McCarthy - Boss of New Brickland - played by fhomess

14185042942_586ff6bcd8_o.png Miguel "The Monster" Teixeira - Boss of El Paso - played by Mencot

14000980550_9b32a8dc5c_o.png Benito Fernandez - Boss of Puesta del Sol - played by Bob

14001015257_86c364bc2f_o.png Alan Vaughan - Boss of Las Vegas - played by adventurer1

14187597724_0971a77c33_o.png Abbot Malone - Boss of New York; nephew of Bernard - played by Adam

The Guests

14187637595_cb1e6002d6_o.png Bebe Theodora Jefferson - Model - played by badboytje88

14001015387_bd385065f2_o.png Jasper Norton - Nuclear Physicist - played by jamesn

14000960679_cf23430792_o.png Katalina Lombard - Rocket Scientist - played by Kristel

14001015347_9d8730c59e_o.png Calvin Normandeau - Bebe's photographer - played by Calanon

14001015327_25d82f868c_o.png Da-Shan Feng - Chinese Businessman - played by def (or whatever his name is now)

14187597614_24d8d59417_o.png Mei-Zhen Bai - Da Shan's personal attendant - played by Masked Builder

14207763393_00cec07d75_o.png Juan Lupe Hidalgo - Paco's bodyguard - played by jluckhaupt

14187597594_993d2b7737_o.png Paco de Villa VIII - Drug Lord - played by Piratedave84

The Rules:

1. Each player has been given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Malones or the FBI. To win the game, the Malonesmust eradicate all FBI Agents, while the FBI Agents needs to outnumber all other players. Third Parties have their own win conditions, which are outlined in their role PMs.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to execute a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. You may not vote in public, nor are you allowed to pretend to vote in public (through FoS: Character (Player), etc.). Discussion of voting is fine, but attempts to circumvent my rules here will be dealt with very harshly... Voting is mandatory, and should be done via your role PM. Additionally, there will be no public vote tallies, only a tally of how many votes I have, and how many I still need.

4. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. Voting is always open. The day will end when 72 hours have gone up, or if a unanimous vote has been reached (to save time). After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

5. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the Night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following Day.

6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or with anyone else. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. You may not edit your posts.

10. You must post in every Day thread.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a warning on your first offense, and your removal from the game on your second offense (you will be replaced). *

*(Violation of Rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.)

Oh my gowd this better not be true! A dead guy floating in the pool... Now the vast mayority of the day will be devoted to him instead of me! #justmyluck

Calvin you better not be taking pictures of that bloted corpse #selfie

Sudden realisation, the sooner we catch the killer the sooner all eyes will be back on me again. Let's catch that killer!

But Calvin first snap some pictures of me and Sinclair. #nofilter #nomakeup

Traitors!? I tell ya, Bernie, if you've invited a bunch of traitors here with us then you've clearly not done you're homework!

What a disaster! Somebody get his body out of the pool, it's just not right!

This is a totally uncool thing to happen! He seemed like such a nice lad.

Oh my gowd this better not be true! A dead guy floating in the pool... Now the vast mayority of the day will be devoted to him instead of me! #justmyluck

Calvin you better not be taking pictures of that bloted corpse #selfie

Sudden realisation, the sooner we catch the killer the sooner all eyes will be back on me again. Let's catch that killer!

But Calvin first snap some pictures of me and Sinclair. #nofilter #nomakeup

Snapping pictures of you with Sinclair? I don't mean to impede on your judgement, but I'm not down with taking pictures of Sinclair like this.

This is a totally uncool thing to happen! He seemed like such a nice lad.

Snapping pictures of you with Sinclair? I don't mean to impede on your judgement, but I'm not down with taking pictures of Sinclair like this.

But you need to document how much this loss makes me sad. It´ll show my softer more human side! #tearrollingdownacheak

Or we could focus on who did this to Sinclair #blingblingbondgirl

Hidey ho, folks, I'm back, and I'm in full on scum fed-hunting mode.

We can talk as much as we like, but this secret voting thing means the scum can take out whoever they want. This is going to be a dreary day unless we have some sort of strong town majority. The scum can split their loyalties in public, but then just pile on to whoever they like in private. That's a bad thing.

Hopefully things get real chatty, and someone says too much.

Ok Ya'll, now this here is just real sad. Real sad now. We need to show the dead some respect! Some one get him out of the pool, what are you fools waiting for? A written invitation? Move!

Good morni...oh $&@%. This changes everything. I have to go check on Paco.

How awful for Sinclair to be drowned on such a nice island as this! Gosh, I hope we find all the traitors quickly so I can get back to teaching in New York.

God damn... Rest in peace, Sinclair. Havana will never be the same without you.

We're gonna find who did this, and find 'em fast.

"Miguel raises his head from the bartable and whips of some lime slices that has stuck to his forehead. Turns around to see what the fuss by the poolside is all about and replies"

Murder, did some just say murder?

"Fummels of the barchair and walks towards the pool still sipping on the drink from last night"

Murder that I tell you was when we superior luchadores, El monstruo and my wrestling tagteam partner El grande Burro (god rest his soul) crushed the mini-estrellas La mango dolce and El diablo fiero. AAh does days.

"Sees Sinclair´s body in the pool"

What the hell is that guy doing in the pool... I need a drink, he looks worse than the guy I won in a match Máscara contra máscara. After the match they couldn´t remove his mask because his face was so beat up.

I still haven't found Paco! I'm paid to stay by his side.

Paco

Paco

Paco

Paco

Anybody have any ideas or strategies for handling this situation?

Finally, my chance to be in charge of a project and show the boys what I am made of. And I get to follow Bebe around all day ... new BFF!

We need to find Sinclair's killer quick smart, so that I can get started on this project.

Hand me sum' mahhh booze, Colin sir. I'm gettin' really tired of hearing all tis bitchin'. Wait, what's it fahh? Sinclahh? Dead? Ugh, we need to get to the bahhtahh of this.

Oh my showing my more human side sure paid of already!

Finally, my chance to be in charge of a project and show the boys what I am made of. And I get to follow Bebe around all day ... new BFF!

We need to find Sinclair's killer quick smart, so that I can get started on this project.

OMG besties already! #NWLY #BFFFL #SFAM

Hand me sum' mahhh booze, Colin sir. I'm gettin' really tired of hearing all tis bitchin'. Wait, what's it fahh? Sinclahh? Dead? Ugh, we need to get to the bahhtahh of this.

Love would ya mind sharing your drink with the rest of us, And by the rest of us I´m thinking about me and my new BFF! #whitegirlwasted #swagpony #yoloooz

But unfortunately we are no step closer to find the killer...

#epicfail

I hate to be questioning so early into the day, but Juan, you do seem to be checking by every so often without saying anything... Is there any reason as to why you're so quiet?

I hate to be questioning so early into the day, but Juan, you do seem to be checking by every so often without saying anything... Is there any reason as to why you're so quiet?

Hadn't realized anyone had said anything yet, other than establishing character, as I am doing.

#BFFFL #SFAM

#whitegirlwasted #swagpony #yoloooz

#epicfail

Why are you saying random letters and using the pound sign? What are these strange abbreviations and words you're using? You do know that it's 1985, right? Are you some sort of a weird time traveler? :look:

What in tarnation do ya'll think your doin have'n drinks at a time like this? I like a good party as much as the next guy but this is not the time. There is a dead body in the pool! Why hasn't one of ya'll pulled him out yet and inspected this poor dead soul to see how he died?!

And Juan, where exactly IS Paco? I find it midy suspicious he isn't around here someplace!

Miss Tffinay drunk

Miss Tiffinay not drunk, and very clear headed I might add!

I find this midy suspicious!!

I still haven't found Paco! I'm paid to stay by his side.

Paco

Paco

Paco

Paco

The help should not question his boss's actions.

I have nothing to add on the whole nothingness that's being discussed at this point.

Let's talk about our options here; how are we going to catch those cursed feds? I've never had this setup where votes are secret; has anyone ever experienced this before?

Hadn't realized anyone had said anything yet, other than establishing character, as I am doing.

Constantly observing isn't going to make the uranium fission any sooner, you know! Tiffany is being obnoxious and accusatory, but you are certainly defensive beyond what Day One, Page One warrants (if anything at all).