LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

1477 replies to this topic

#1426 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

I got six from TLG direct from the website with my last order as no-one was stocking them and they arrived today. Out of the six I got FOUR business men which I don't mind admitting left me feeling a little cheated!

#1427 Lightning Dragon

Lightning Dragon

Member: 29400

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

My TRU only has a few packets left. The little kids really mess the boxes up. I got a Fairy and an Alien. There are a few ways to put on the skirt, and after failing with the S6 Bagpiper's skirt kilt, I was determined to put the Fairy's skirt without bending it. You can put it like it says on the pamphlet (the slit gap thingy in the center), or with the slit off the one side. I like it off to the side better.

Edited by Lightning Dragon, 11 September 2012 - 01:30 AM.

Eh...

#1428 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostHrw-Amen, on 10 September 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

I got six from TLG direct from the website with my last order as no-one was stocking them and they arrived today. Out of the six I got FOUR business men which I don't mind admitting left me feeling a little cheated!
At least that can't happen to me; I orderd three and am hoping for at least one conquistador!  :thumbup:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#1429 Multiverse

Multiverse

Member: 17443

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

I bought three of these when I stumbled upon them in the local toy store a few hours ago. I got the Businessman, the Fairy and the Alien Empress. I'll have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the fairy - I like the wings, and I like the torso print, but I care little for the figure as whole. It just seems off to me, like it was thrown together at the last minute with little concern of aestethics. =\
The Alien Empress, on the other hand, is perfectly beautiful! I'll have to get a lot of multiples of that before it becomes a disappointment to find it. =D

Edited by Multiverse, 11 September 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#1430 JeagerEX

JeagerEX

Member: 9800

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostHrw-Amen, on 10 September 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

If you don't want to get doubles, don't order any random pack from online. Just go to the store and buy it.

I order online at ebay for some previous minifigure series that is not sold at stores like series 1 to 5.

#1431 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostJeagerEX, on 11 September 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

If you don't want to get doubles, don't order any random pack from online. Just go to the store and buy it.

I order online at ebay for some previous minifigure series that is not sold at stores like series 1 to 5.

I would and usually do buy them direct from a store where I can feel them, but local to where I live nobody has them. They are apparently supposed to be in Tesco, but none of the ones in my local area have any.

#1432 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Thanks to S@H I finally received a few random packs. I typically go to the stores and feel the packets, but no one around stocks them yet. They have areas set up, but no figures out on the racks yet. So I took the plunge and ordered some random figures. Luckily I got 3 different figures, but I only wanted 2 of the 3. I'm not a big fan of the female Alien, unlike most others. I may have to return that one. But I did get the diver and the pirate captain. I am more excited for the captain than I thought. I think the torso might come in handy. I'll have to see how it looks intermixed with the other redcoats. I don't care about having another pirate. I care about amassing a redcoat army (traditional or non-traditional).

I can't wait for stores to stock these. I will have my fair share of conquistadors and actors before it is all said and done.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#1433 Me2

Me2

Member: 31692

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

I got my full series of new friends delivered today.
One member seem to have sneaked out, but I am sure I will get that sorted.

One happy camper,
Me2

#1434 ACPin

ACPin

• Fantastically Plastic Man

Member: 9552

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Today got nine conquistadors and six actors from TRU with the current Buy 2 Get 3rd Free promo. So even with the inflated $3.19 per piece, I only had to pay for ten of them!  :laugh:

AC
Posted Image

#1435 JeagerEX

JeagerEX

Member: 9800

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostACPin, on 19 September 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Today got nine conquistadors and six actors from TRU with the current Buy 2 Get 3rd Free promo. So even with the inflated $3.19 per piece, I only had to pay for ten of them!  :laugh:

AC
Same as mine. I got the Conquistador, Cowgirl, Downhill Skier and Lederhosen Guy from Toys R Us.

#1436 nrg

nrg

• Bothan Spy #7

Member: 11533

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

71001 Minifigures Series 10 - 2,49 Euro
New gold packing

#1437 Jackattack7

Jackattack7

Member: 31623

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

View Postnrg, on 19 September 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

New gold packing

Where do you get this info (including superheroes)
My Youtube channel, http://www.youtube.c...x?feature=mhee My Flickr account http://www.flickr.co...tack7s_pstream
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ryanjack_1997

Want to buy Hero Factory 2.0, Star Wars clone wars, Power Miners or Atlantis Lego sets. If so check this out:
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=83625

#1438 nrg

nrg

• Bothan Spy #7

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostJackattack7, on 19 September 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Where do you get this info (including superheroes)
Are you curious? Hah? :sweet:

#1439 Jackattack7

Jackattack7

Member: 31623

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

View Postnrg, on 19 September 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Are you curious? Hah? :sweet:

Very, I want the minifigs and heroes so bad  :cry_happy:
My Youtube channel, http://www.youtube.c...x?feature=mhee My Flickr account http://www.flickr.co...tack7s_pstream
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ryanjack_1997

Want to buy Hero Factory 2.0, Star Wars clone wars, Power Miners or Atlantis Lego sets. If so check this out:
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=83625

#1440 nrg

nrg

• Bothan Spy #7

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostJackattack7, on 19 September 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

Very, I want the minifigs and heroes so bad  :cry_happy:
I have more infos about Super Heroes , but i wont tell you :vader:

#1441 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

Member: 17717

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

I scored today. Picked through all the S8 figures my TRU had. Can't beat the B2G1 sale. Got all that I wanted pretty much. Even a few multiples for myself and gifts. Need a few more too. This is a great series with them all together. I think the evil robot is the best with the manbat second. When the first pictures were released I wasn't fond of the manbat. Pretty cool in retrospect.

#1442 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

View Postnrg, on 19 September 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

New gold packing
Yes!  I've been telling my friends all along that S10 would be gold!   :thumbup:   (I hope you're right. . .  :laugh:  )

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

#1443 lifeinplastic

lifeinplastic

Member: 6742

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostKai NRG, on 20 September 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Yes!  I've been telling my friends all along that S10 would be gold!   :thumbup:   (I hope you're right. . .  :laugh:  )

I hope that the CMFs continue for a long while and that every tenth series (so Series 10) will  include a slightly larger accessory than usual like the following...

Cyclist with a bike in a different colour from any previous bike
Hospital patient in a grey manual wheelchair
Shepherd with a sheep
Drummer with mini drum kit
My Ideal CMF Series: (No figures with open mouths and no specific features preventing multiple use (e.g. name tags)!

(1) Hotel Bellhop (dark red uniform with 2 suitcases), (2) Amazon Explorer (with over the shoulder bag and new toucan mould), (3) Elvis Presley Impersonator (in classic white jump suit with microphone), (4) Frog costume (lime green colour with diver flipper feet), (5) Barbershop Singer (we'd all buy 4 for a quartet), (6) Peruvian (traditional Andean costume with tan coloured panpipes) (7) Zoo Keeper (dark blue dungarees, broom and new non-Friends penguin mould), (8) Table Tennis player (hair and head like Fry in Futurama with table tennis bat), (9) Air Hostess (light blue uniform but hat to allow varied hair colours), (10) Prisoner (traditional orange or grey uniform with arrows, plus ball and chain), (11) Violinist (evening suit - an orchestra army-builder + bald-head piece with white hair), (12) Tourist (new white Panama Hat, brown beard & sunglasses, Hawaiian shirt & camera), (13) Australian ('Steve Irwin' olive/dark green outdoors safari suit with new koala mould), (14) Gardener (green watering can & purple/orange flowers + bald-head piece with brown hair), (15) Teddy Bear costume (light brown colour - generic without any bow tie or clothes, etc), (16) Brass Band (with new instrument like a tuba/trombone to help create an orchestra)

#1444 AmperZand

AmperZand

Member: 2470

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

View Postlifeinplastic, on 21 September 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

I hope that the CMFs continue for a long while and that every tenth series (so Series 10) will  include a slightly larger accessory than usual like the following...

A lovely idea, lifeinplastic, but I suspect that larger accessories would necessitate bigger bags. If the number of minifigs per box remained the same, TLG would need larger display boxes and shipping cartons. The extra parts combined with the additional packaging and logistics costs would put the price up significantly. I wish the CMFs did come with more accessories but I don't see it happening. What I suspect is that we'll see more of the themed minifig box sets such as the beach, rock band and horror monsters we've already seen.
My Brickshelf Gallery
From Family Guy... Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."

#1445 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Got the Fairy today, she looks so much better in person, trust me. :wub:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 43.8 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #102
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#1446 RaincloudDustbin

RaincloudDustbin

Member: 25368

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

I was always afraid that TLG would put the CMF in boxes
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/91926269@N06/

Please click on my YouTube channel for great videos based on LEGO and comics. Subscribers greatly appreciated: http://www.youtube.c...ser/ComicBricks

Posted Image  Posted Image

#1447 purplepeopleeater

purplepeopleeater

Member: 7375

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

My local Tesco has started putting the Minifgures (along with all the other toys of that type) in a display box with a sign saying that if you want to buy any to go to customer services.  I'm really annoyed.  I'm presuming it's because they must be easy to pinch and maybe because they don't want people feeling through the packets, although the other day they had no problem with it.  One of the Tesco guys even asked us to find the vampire bat for his son!  So, has anyone else found this in Tesco?  I think I'm just going to wait until October 1st and go to John Lewis to complete my collection.  It's just really annoying.  I am desperate for a fairy!

#1448 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

I found some in Tesco (At long last!) in my area, they were behind the Customer Service desk, but the lady was happy for me to have the box up on the counter to feel through the packets. Mind you in was 5am and they were quite empty, maybe she would not have been so happy if it had been mid day or some other busy time?

#1449 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

View Postpurplepeopleeater, on 22 September 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

My local Tesco has started putting the Minifgures (along with all the other toys of that type) in a display box with a sign saying that if you want to buy any to go to customer services.  I'm really annoyed.  I'm presuming it's because they must be easy to pinch and maybe because they don't want people feeling through the packets, although the other day they had no problem with it.  One of the Tesco guys even asked us to find the vampire bat for his son!  So, has anyone else found this in Tesco?  I think I'm just going to wait until October 1st and go to John Lewis to complete my collection.  It's just really annoying.  I am desperate for a fairy!
I think once the store has only a few left they keep them separate so you can't feel.  Of course, that's not necessarily the case there, but once my local TLG store had, maybe 30 S2 minifigs left (Tesco probably had more than that though - of course they would have S8), they stuck them in their own separate containers - my guess is several of them were witches and no one wanted them!  And once they got down to 5 or so S7, they went ahead and opened the packages so you could see what you would be getting (for all I know they could have done that with other series as well).

#1450 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

Member: 23274

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

Just picked up 8 at Target:

2 Thespians
1 Santa (3rd.)
1 Pirate (4th one! :thumbdown:)
1 Alien Villainess
1 Red Cheerleader
1 Vampire Bat
1 Fairy

A little backstory: I was there buying groceries when I saw a guy about 30-ish feeling packets. We talked for a while, both feeling packets and stuff, and we found everything except a Lederhosen Guy. We felt for about 20 minutes and I finally found one. I had to get going, so I left, and gave him the Lederhosen guy (t'was the only one he needed) and waved goodbye.

Pretty fun, ^^

-Sci

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users