badboytje88

Mount up - Octobus

You know each realm of Heroica has its own means of transportation. There are however mounts who do not discriminate between the realms. They transport those who need transportation. One of them is…

The Octobus

The Octobus is related to the octopus, only real difference is that it is unusually large. They are quite often mistaken for the Kraken which is actually related to the squids. Where the Kraken is one of the most evil sea creatures, the Octobus is actually quite gentile and quite easy to domesticate. Their land of origin is the land of Avalonia but Octobusses can be found everewhere around the world.

This specific Octobus has been trained by a woman in red called Ariel who claims to have been born a mermaid. She attached a large chain around its head. If a person desires to travel by Octobus, they will be equipped with an underwater helmet, attached to a barrel of oxygen, and a pair of swim trunks with a large elastic band to prevent them from slipping of while being transported. Last but not least the traveler will cuff himself to the chain attached to the Octobus head. The Octobus will swim under water using the underwater currents to gather speed and to prevent himself from getting tired. It has been said that traveling by Octobus is the fastest way to cross the seven seas.

Octobus is not quite happy with it's small 16x16 base...

14813114194_b31c59466c_z.jpg

Octobus in mid voyage

14628945167_c76b12e61d_z.jpg

Standing proud and tall

14628775320_e0e43a5d5e_z.jpg

Hope you enjoyed that. C&C more than welcome!

Edited by badboytje88

Awesome mount and it's a really cool idea! :thumbup:

Edited by Behemoth

Wonderful idea! I am a bit biased though because I love octopi.

Which guild has this underwater technology!? Feels like a Kaliphlin innovation to me. I like your turtles a lot. Where are those male torsos from though?

Haha brilliant!

I believe the torsos are from the CMF boxer (not team gb).

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Awesome build! I normally do not like brick built creatures but this one was done really well and has a great presentation.

Sweet Octobus! One of my favorite parts is his eye, they look great! BTW, what is that compass on his tentacle from?

Awesome build! Love the eyes and the way you did the "suckers" underneath the tentancles is brilliant! Nice job! :classic:

Awesome mount and it's a really cool idea! :thumbup:

Wonderful idea! I am a bit biased though because I love octopi.

Which guild has this underwater technology!? Feels like a Kaliphlin innovation to me. I like your turtles a lot. Where are those male torsos from though?

They do not belong to one specific guild. They do not discriminate, they transport who ever needs transportation.

Haha brilliant!

I believe the torsos are from the CMF boxer (not team gb).

Thanks and yep indeed:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=col077

Awesome build! I normally do not like brick built creatures but this one was done really well and has a great presentation.

Thanks! Glad you like the presentation because to be quite honest this one turned out way bigger than I first intended him to. He barely fit in my light box :tongue:

Sweet Octobus! One of my favorite parts is his eye, they look great! BTW, what is that compass on his tentacle from?

The compass is from one of the old pirate sets, but I got mine from one of my sisters scala sets :grin:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=70001pb02&in=S

Awesome build! Love the eyes and the way you did the "suckers" underneath the tentancles is brilliant! Nice job! :classic:

Thank you! The eyes and the tentacles were most fun to build out of this entire creation. The head was a pain in the bum!

Great idea and very nice execution! I like the big eyes which make it look so cute :classic:. The posing in the 16x16 base is also perfect.

Excellent octopus and innovative idea of transportation :thumbup: The mini turtles in the base are really cute too :classic:

Wonderful job as usual BB! Love all the detail packed in the scene and that octopus is quite awesome. The posing works so well in that first scene. Really nice job with those eyes too! I could say more but I will go back to admiring this build!

Great idea and very nice execution! I like the big eyes which make it look so cute :classic:. The posing in the 16x16 base is also perfect.

Thanks!

Excellent octopus and innovative idea of transportation :thumbup: The mini turtles in the base are really cute too :classic:

I can't take credit for the turtles. I've seen them build by someone else and made them myself because I thought they were cute as hell. Don't know who it was though...

Really nice mount, it's titanic, and I love its colossal eyes :thumbup:

Thanks, the eyes were quite a nice challenge to make.

Wonderful job as usual BB! Love all the detail packed in the scene and that octopus is quite awesome. The posing works so well in that first scene. Really nice job with those eyes too! I could say more but I will go back to admiring this build!

Whaha you flatter me!

This one has my vote, but I'm a sucker for sea life.

:thumbup: Thanks!

Great design and very cute octopus! :) Rocks

Thank you very much! I removed 2 pics in order to stay within the contests rules. Pictures are still available on my flickr photo stream.

Hahaha, this entry made me really laugh!! Fantastic idea!! And the execution is perfect!