Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

US School Banned Capitalist Lego?

I saw this over on classic-space, and figured you guys might get a kick out of this. I love how everyone is agreeing that this school is nuts :-D Just another example of why the East coast is better :-P

Lego Ban

Meh. This is not an American thing. It's a political thing that can occur anywhere.

This kind of stupid politically correct nonesense occurs anywhere. All it takes is some lunatic teacher with communist ideas who is pissed off that the cold war is over and communism lost. In my city (Toronto, Canada) the left wing leanings of the teacher unions, and many teachers, are beyond belief. In the past, many openly campaigned for the Communist party, when one existed. These people are self-brainwashed to the point of delusionality, and they bring their ridiculous ideas that fail in real life into the classroom to try to brainwash children.

Great to be a communist believer if you have never lived under communism.

This kind of idiocy occurs all over the Western world, it's not an American thing. After all, America is probably the last place in the world that will ban private ownership, no?

But, it's not like I feel strongly about this or anything. .... :-X

School goes communist after kids claim ownership of 'EVIL' Legos. :-$ The birth of capitalism lies in Denmark where an evil conspiracy was first thought of to convert the entire globe to the evil ways of private ownership by means of lego, the intrument of the devil. >:-)

Didn't they learn anything from Animal Farm? I'm surprised this happens in America, of all places, perhaps some old ex-Sovjet school, but not America?

This is just too funny, it's the most normal thing in the world, kids fighting over toys,

Americans seriously do lack perspective, no offense :-P

LOL! rediculous to say the least! They can only build public buildings?!? wish lego would do that! ;-) nice find!

If I understood the story...OH MY. A teacher of mine is so communist it's not even funny. He's a good teacher, but he has the bad habit of including his ideas in his lessons. When will they understand that these ideas don't work in real life? Not only that, they also try to teach them to their pupils. :-/

You're indeed right. Here's an awesome comment from Youtube:
I should make a little lego city, give it to a preschooler and when the teacher says "ohh how nice, what is it supposed to be?" I would have the kid say "Im playing with the communist Soviet Union, see, thats someone getting hanged because they oppose the government" Lol that would be funny to see what the teacher says.

*skull* Shakar *skull*

Edited by Shakar

hmm, i checked ebay recently and it seems the chrome gold c-3p0 is falling in price. you can get from bl for $150 or from ebay too for $150. some of those on auction stated that they were distributed in the san diego comic con. if that's the case, i would expect lots more than 10,000. anyone who attended SDCC know if everyone got one or they were raffled away or something?

That's pretty ridiculous..

I agree they are limiting the kids' imagination with those rules. Well.

If it's about this great toy called LEGO I can understand why kids say they are their property!! :-D

AND what's up with the: Lego bricks are not of an individual? MY LEGO bricks are MINE!!! >:-) >:-)

Mine is soo on!!

"My God", or... "My Avatar!" X-D

What the megabloks were these people thinking! Notice how this is FOX news, which is usually a bunch of propaganda, actually agreed that these idiots are probably legally skitzofrentic! :-D Communism? Give me a break! :-X Heck these kids are lucky they get lego! I never got to play with them when I was in school! :'-(

And I couldn't help but notice they said 'Legos' but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the plural of 'Lego' Lego? :-P And if I'm worng, didn't TLC release a statment saying they didn't want to be referred to as 'legos' but 'lego toys' or lego products'? :-P

Just another example of why the East coast is better :-P

Amen, brother! ;-)

hmm, i checked ebay recently and it seems the chrome gold c-3p0 is falling in price. you can get from bl for $150 or from ebay too for $150. some of those on auction stated that they were distributed in the san diego comic con. if that's the case, i would expect lots more than 10,000. anyone who attended SDCC know if everyone got one or they were raffled away or something?

Ehh, off topic to the next level? What are you talking about? *wacko* Anyway, this is what will happen if a liberal/Democrat becomes president! Legos are the toy equivalent of Boy Scouts to the Dems(Boy Scouts = a communist paramilitary orginization |-/ :-| ). I just can't believe they banned them. I mean, when will the kids learn about ownership? I know sharing is a good thing, but this has too far, IMO. *sad*

That's crazy, I think I saw it over on FBTB somewhere before, or something like that anyway!

Americans seriously do lack perspective, no offense :-P

As an American, I wish I could take offense, but it's true... :'-( Keep in mind we're not ALL like that :-P

I'm a teacher in here in the States, and I've never been allowed to get Lego with school money >:-( Maybe I should try a communist experiment to get the school to buy me a bunch >:-) . Let's see...for the best result, we should start with a UC M. Falcon...

As an American, I wish I could take offense, but it's true... :'-( Keep in mind we're not ALL like that :-P

I'm a teacher in here in the States, and I've never been allowed to get Lego with school money >:-( Maybe I should try a communist experiment to get the school to buy me a bunch >:-) . Let's see...for the best result, we should start with a UC M. Falcon...

LOL, I can see you ending up playing with the LEGO yourself and beating up any child who tries to take the falcon from you.

The next day in the news

"LEGO was banned from the school after the class, and I quote, started to resemble a fascist dictatorship with the teacher reigning supreme over the children. End quote."

:-D :-D

Edited by Hairy Ruben

LOL, I can see you ending up playing with the LEGO yourself and beating up any child who tries to take the falcon from you.

The next day in the news

"LEGO was banned from the school after the class, and I quote, started to resemble a fascist dictatorship with the teacher reigning supreme over the children. End quote."

:-D :-D

hehehe....yes, that's probably what would happen >:-)

It's hard to be objective when Lego is involved. Just last week a student presented a project he'd built with Lego (I encourage this), which I thought was cool. Upon closer inspection, however, I found that he'd mixed Lego and Megabloks together. The horror!

Anyway, sorry about being off-topic!

Why do all news parties say "Legos?" Don't they know it's supposed to be an adjective, not a noun? Lego Bricks. At least that one guy said "Building Blocks," instead of "Legos."

I can only say one thing about the situation, odd.

Situation: Dully noted.

Why do all news parties say "Legos?" Don't they know it's supposed to be an adjective, not a noun? Lego Bricks. At least that one guy said "Building Blocks," instead of "Legos."

Simple explaination. It's Fox News. :-P

I don

MY kids aren't going there...

(i just hope they learn how to clean up their lego, unlike me and how i drive my mom to near-insanity with how they seemed to be slowly filling the house, when my kids are concieved in roughly 10-13 years, at which point i will be old enough to have kids.)

Edited by maiq the liar