Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Well at least we don't have to wait any longer for the nice new pirate hat barbossa has,I made sure a grabbed a few of the new series 4 musketeers the other day, just for the hats! They do look nice. Only another month to wait for the sets.

I really want some of those hats! They look so nice and with those rapiers the series 4 minifigs will really add to peoples pirate collections.

I dont know if this was mentioned already but TRU has pre-orders for Lego POC game. If you pre-order you get an exclusive Captain Jack Sparrow figure.

Here is a picture of the pre-order ticket with a picture of the exclusive Jack.

dsc03488y.jpg

Thanks for share that picture Solscud007!! :D Simply awesome, in the official webpage of Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides, says that the toys and Lego sets are avaliable in stores... check your own! :D http://disney.go.com/pirates/#/products/toys/000/

Regards mates! :D

It also says avaliable may 2011. So dont get you'r hopes up just yet.

Edited by deskp

It also says avaliable may 2011. So dont get ur hupes up just yet.

Oks, sorry, I didn´t read it! The want to confuse us! :D

Please clean up your spelling and grammar a bit guys. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but at least avoid using "ur". :pir-wink:

I don't know if anyone has seen the new preview yet, but *SPOILERS*

It looks as though Blackbeard has captured the Pearl, with a strong suggestion that the QAR is the Pearl. Sort of a ghost ship possessing an actual ship, I suppose...well, former ghost ship in the Pearl's case.

TC

It looks as though Blackbeard has captured the Pearl, with a strong suggestion that the QAR is the Pearl. Sort of a ghost ship possessing an actual ship, I suppose...well, former ghost ship in the Pearl's case.

TC

That would explain why they're using the ship that portrays the Pearl as the QAR. :pir-classic:

It also means that the Black Pearl set will probably be based on the original 3 films, so there's hope for a Davy Jones fig yet! :pir-grin:

It also means that the Black Pearl set will probably be based on the original 3 films, so there's hope for a Davy Jones fig yet! :pir-grin:

was Davy Jones ever on the Black Pearl? I cannot remember

I'm not sure, maybe he was on the pearl when he and Jack were discussing how Jack could pay Jones in souls other than his own. There was also something about a spyglass and some teleporting. My memory could be wrong on those though.

Edited by Runamuck

I don't know if anyone has seen the new preview yet, but *SPOILERS*

TC

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

He has TAKEN the Pearl...Blackbeard appears to collect ships, hence all the bottles in the Captain's Cabin set.

He is for about a minute in Dead Man's Chest, and again in the brig with Tia Dalma in At World's End...not really enough to justify him in the set, but you never know.

Edited by punkkid364

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

He has TAKEN the Pearl...Blackbeard appears to collect ships, hence all the bottles in the Captain's Cabin set.

I dont think at Blackbeard collects ships in the movie, also i think at yes, Blackbard has the Pearl, but its in a small bottle. Somehow, the whole movie seems to be a little... Weird? Of corse its nice to have a lot of imagination amd action in this film, but something doing whit magic, mermaids, very lucky Jack and suddenly a real life person Blackbeard makes the movie just a bit stupid or too unrealistic looking IMO. (No offense) But i still cant wait to see the movie!

Captain Becker

Nice pictures mister Phes, i found another one(Not a real one), but it shows what POTC 5 would be. I give you a tip, its my favorite TV show ever made. :pir-tongue: )

Click Here!

Enjoy.

Captain Becker

I dont think at Blackbeard collects ships in the movie, also i think at yes, Blackbard has the Pearl, but its in a small bottle. Somehow, the whole movie seems to be a little... Weird? Of corse its nice to have a lot of imagination amd action in this film, but something doing whit magic, mermaids, very lucky Jack and suddenly a real life person Blackbeard makes the movie just a bit stupid or too unrealistic looking IMO. (No offense) But i still cant wait to see the movie!

Captain Becker

Have you seen the other films? They have always had supernatural things in them: Ghost Pirates that turn into skeletons in the moonlight (part one) and Captain Squidbeard and his deformed crew (part two and three). These movies have never tried to be realistic.. just plain old swashbucklin' fun! :pir-classic:

I agree, use your imagination and just have fun. Just like the SW collection, I've been to Naboo lately and didn't meet any Gungans... not even under water. :pir_laugh2:

...do remember that this topic is about LEGO POTC. Not the game, not the movies, nor is it about the theme park. People come to this topic hoping to hear more about the new sets and are disappointed. In the past we've been forced to close topics over this issue...

Does anyone really think there won't be a Flying dutchman set?? If they went to the trouble of producing a mould for the crewmember in the mill set then I'm quite confident we'll see Davy Jones.

Unless the whole first wave does worse than PoP (unlikely) then I think we will see a lot of sets, with the flying dutchman being one of the most prominent.

...do remember that this topic is about LEGO POTC. Not the game, not the movies, nor is it about the theme park. People come to this topic hoping to hear more about the new sets and are disappointed. In the past we've been forced to close topics over this issue...

Sorry about that Siggy, i get sometimes so easily off topic. Ill try to not to do it again. :pir-blush:

Does anyone really think there won't be a Flying dutchman set?? If they went to the trouble of producing a mould for the crewmember in the mill set then I'm quite confident we'll see Davy Jones.

Unless the whole first wave does worse than PoP (unlikely) then I think we will see a lot of sets, with the flying dutchman being one of the most prominent.

I belive at POTC will be doing a second wave pretty sure, but then again, even at this theme would be very good, they might discontiune it anyway.

Lets hope its not gonna happen.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Good to know. BUt my post was about an exclusive figure albeit it ties to the video game.

Big thansk for this review Vagrant, but unfortanelly, we cant read russia :pir_bawling: but its great to see what we will get. Im gonna get al least 2 of that set.

Captain Becker

EDIT: I just noticed at the new Gold bars arent Chrome golden ones, they are pearl golden :pir-cry_sad:

Edited by Captain Becker

Fantastic for that review find 'vagrant', GoggleChrome is having a hard time translating russian - need more speed out Macca's wi-fi....what do expect for free eh ?

Man, those figures are so good.....and gold bars....which I then should post this question in the town forum - why didn't the bank & money transport set get these new gold bars ? :pir-sceptic:

Aw, well it looks like a cool playset and yeah, I'll show my son to see if he wants it or not. :pir-wink:

Brick On....the high seas ! :pir-grin: