Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Well it looks like pictures of the set are roaming the web, first found on smarth's B-shelf

I know most of you are going to be disappointed in the Zurg and Buzz sets calling them Bionicle-y and slightly reminiscent of Exo-Force.

What can I say, most people hate Bionicle. >.>

EDIT: Beaten. :P

[-TA-]

Edited by The Alchemyst

HAW! I love the Jeep for the Army Men. It's like a little Star Wars battle pack. I think I may get a couple of those. :thumbup:

Otherwise, the theme isn't really doing anything for me.

Wow, that was perfect timing.

I personally am really really happy that all of the Army men are in one small set, that actually comes with a Jeep. (!)

Thanks for the link Boog! I really love the jeep. :wub: Buzz's spacecraft is also rather interesting.

I love the army men "battle pack"! :wub:

However, I am disappointed that there are going to be large Zurg and Buzz figures. I would rather have more system sets...

I am also not that happy about Buzz's spaceship. I was expecting the one that in real life is the box that he comes in.

However, RC is a must...

Thanks for the pics!

Not really my cup of tea, but the green army set is a must have and I quite like the look of that Wild West town.

The oversize Zurg and Buzz - is it possible these are the Duplo versions? It would be a new twist for Duplo, I admit, but we haven't seen any of those pics yet.

Certainly not Duplo, says I. I see definite studs and KK2 action figure type pieces. The action figure sets aren't really my cup of tea either, but it's interesting to see that they are making a set based somewhat off of "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command" (the starship).

The Woody's roundup set seems like a nice Western style thing, while the green jeep is beautiful and the set with the car is a nice way to get Woody and Buzz, who I both quite like.

Very nice find! The army men look like they will come in a type of battlepack set, and the Zurg and Buzz sets look like giant versions of the characters much like the giant Spongebob. The Wild West set looks very nice. My only qualm is the packaging. Too bright.

Brickshelf find: Toy story prelim images In my opinion, these look great. The Green army men jeep looks like the Indiana Jones one, but green. hope this helps. If this has already been posted, someone can close this.

Topic merged.

Since these are preliminary pics clearly marked CONFIDENTIAL, *DO NOT* create separate topics advertising this fact or post the pics directly in the Licensed forum.

Deeplinks to image hosting sites and continued discussion are allowed.

Hooray, preliminary pictures! :laugh:

My thoughts:

Army men "battle pack" - Wow, I can't believe that LEGO actually made a army men battle pack! :cry_happy:

RC car set - Looks great, but we already saw it at Comic-Con. I like the inclusion of the rocket (can't remember name) though!

Zurg set - I'll need clearer pictures before I comment on this, but it seems to be an action figure...

Buzz Lightyear set - See above.

Spaceship set - Looks a bit odd, but I might get this since it has Zurg in it.

Wild West set - Wow, an actual Wild West set! :oh: I probably won't get it, but I can't wait to see clearer pictures of it!

Overall, it looks like it's going to be a great theme!

Edited by ILikePi

Preliminary images seem to get worse from year to year. I mean, come on... tiny pictures of preliminary set designs on a low-resolution screen :hmpf_bad: Anyway: looks like the 2010 news season has officially been opened. I bet we'll see more and more of the 2010 line-up in the coming weeks.

*oh2* WOOHOO! Finally some set pics! :cry_happy:

Army Men: This set is pretty much everything we could have hoped for. Two :thumbup: :thumbup: Price estimate: $10

RC: No surprise here. It seems to come with some sort of ramp, though, like the Racers sets. Price estimate: $20

Buzz: Absolutely gorgeous! :wub: Words can not describe the happiness that I feel when looking at this set! I have been building such Buzz mocs since I was a little kid, and now it's an official set! :cry_happy: I absolutely don't mind the one-mold head, and I am actually very happy to see Bionicle style joints being used. I was hoping for a light brick on the arm with the wrist laser, but it seems to be just a flick-fire missile. :sceptic: Oh well, I guess I was being too optimistic there. However, the wings look great, and they even look like they just might be retractable somehow. :oh: And it's great that this comes with a Buzz and LGM fig. :thumbup: Price estimate: $40-50

Zurg: Looks also very good, but a bit <insert that tiresome argument>. I can't see much in this pic, except that it includes one of those Bionicle bazookas, and Zurg & LGM figs. I'll have to hold on to further judgment until I see a better pic. It would have been nice if TLC could have recreated his three-barreled blaster more accurately, but I guess this adds good playability, and might make the set a bit cheaper. Price estimate: $40

I'm very happy that those two come with their respective minifigure counterparts. I wonder if they are sort of mechs for the minifigs to steer. I could imagine there being little cockpits inside those one-mold heads.

Buzz's Star Command Spaceship: Now, this one is kind of a disappointment. I had high hopes for this set, but it turned out much different than I thought. :sceptic: It looks kinda thrown together and rather <insert that tiresome argument>, and it has little resemblance to its counterpart in the movie AND the cartoon. However, this might only be due to the preliminariness of this pic. I'll have to wait for final pics to judge it. Price estimate: $30

Woody's Round Up: This looks like a very well designed set, even though not many details are to be made out. :thumbup: Personally, I am a little disappointed that this got the spot for the larges set, mostly because I have way too many Western sets for my liking already, but I guess this was to be expected. Western fans should be very happy now. Can't wait to see the details on this beauty. Price estimate: $80

I feel quite relieved now that I know what the sets look like that I commited myself to buying since the Disney license was announced. :grin: I'll be getting these the moment I can get my hands on them, and I'll be sure to make some reviews. I might even get multiples.

As you can tell, I'm really excited for these sets, and I'll very surprised if most of them don't sell well.

Preliminary images seem to get worse from year to year. I mean, come on... tiny pictures of preliminary set designs on a low-resolution screen :hmpf_bad: Anyway: looks like the 2010 news season has officially been opened. I bet we'll see more and more of the 2010 line-up in the coming weeks.

Could it be because they're scans of retailer catalogues?

What did you expect?

Could it be because they're scans of retailer catalogues?

No, I think Rick is right; they do seem to be photos taken of a low-resolution computer screen. If they were scans, they would look much better.

What did you expect?

Well said. Some people should be more grateful about getting these sneak peeks at all. :sadnew:

What did you expect?

50 x 50 pixel 16 color pictures :grin:

Do some of those boxes really read "Constraction Figure" ?

Constraction = Construction + Action ?

No, I think Rick is right; they do seem to be photos taken of a low-resolution computer screen. If they were scans, they would look much better.

Actually, I think that they are screen caps or photos of the pictures which are scans from a catalogue. So it's basically a scan of a scan.

I like the Army men and RC car sets. I think I'll pass on the rest of them.

I still dont like Army men. I'm probably the only one :tongue: hehe

I like that bigger set which looks kinda like Wild West though :thumbup: But i'm not sure if i am going to get it. I despise those minifigs, blaah.

Again, I think the Army set will be just awesome, and a great "Army Builder / Battlepack" for us, literally. :wink: (There's a pun there) :tongue:

The rest of the sets look like they will at least be good for the parts. :laugh: Hopefully our dearest designers at Lego will throw in some useful bricks and some rarer colors, like Purple for one. (Zurg)

And no matter what anybody else says, I still think (primarily because of the figs) that this is practically a modern Fabuland, and probably the closest we will get to a new Fabuland theme.