REVIEW: 9492 TIE Fighter

118 members have voted

1. 1. Does this TIE you over?

• 5. Excellent!
    • 4. Good
    • 3. OK
    • 2. Poor
    • 1. Horrid

No. That piece has a notch inside the tubes so the pin can fully click in.

Nice, and thanks for the answer.

I tried to build that on LDD. And it turns out that the pin seems compressed.

I guess the LBG part is not 100% accurate in LDD.

Great review there! I just found out the Lego store nearby where I live just got their shipment of 2012 Star Wars sets so I might be getting me a TIE this coming weekend.

And hehe, yep. They signed up for it knowing they can't see back or their sides... and remember, they have no shields too! Imperials are great pilots! :D

Great review! I saw this on sale on Barnes and Noble's website and decided to go for it. $38.21 including tax and shipping!!!

Great review! I saw this on sale on Barnes and Noble's website and decided to go for it. $38.21 including tax and shipping!!!

:oh:

I just checked for this and I don't even seen 9492 on their website...

:oh:

I just checked for this and I don't even seen 9492 on their website...

Try searching '9492', that's how I found it when I first heard about the sale

I tried to build that on LDD. And it turns out that the pin seems compressed.

I guess the LBG part is not 100% accurate in LDD.

Yeah, that's a known error in LDD. Who knows why they haven't fixed it yet? :wacko:

Thanks for reviewing this set! With this new line of sets just releasing, I knew I had to get my hands on this one! :wub: There are some inaccuracies here and there but in all, I think they did a stellar (no pun inteded! :tongue: )job with this one. Obviously the improvement with the solar panels is the highlight but the seat inside shocked me! Lol!

I am kind of torn with the new windscreen piece. Although it is an improvement over the older-style piece, It has some drawbacks for me like the darker grey printing and the way it doesn't go to the edge. I guess if you recessed it into the cockpit a little more to hide that, then it wouldn't be so bad. I do like the freedom to add cannons as you see fit now.

The piece that holds the outer border of the solar panels is such a smart choice. I remember looking at the pictures before this was released and wondering how the heck they connected them. Not too shabby TLG!

In my own opinion, if you do not have this set already, you need to get it! :thumbup:

Took my wife to go choose a Lego set a few days back, and this is what she chose. I was so impressed. ( With her choice and the set itself) She was watching me on builds but wanted to do one herself. She never had Lego as a child, but she sure likes it now, as well as her new Tie Fighter sitting on top of her PC :)

Ordered this set yesterday from yoyo.com, for only $37 after discount. Going to display it with the new X-Wing. Gonna be awesome! Waiting for the Millennium Falcon to come back in stock so I can complete the set!

This, for me, is one of the best mid size SW set. Very accurate representation, great display and swoosh value.

Yikes, seeing this review's original post date reminded me of just how long this set had been around - it feels to me like it's been out just a couple months, but I guess it's almost a year old now. I'm perpetually behind on getting sets I want, alas; I should probably move on this one quickly, especially since I'd like more than one...

I would act quickly. It really is a beautiful display piece. This was one of my first SW sets and I was very pleased.

I just built this bad boy this morning after it's been freezing in my garage for six months. (poor thing) I think the set is still available on sale and should definatley not be missed. I can't believe two people said it was horrid. What's wrong? ARE YOU CRAZY? This set is sweet, and so are the figs. Get it everybody, get it now! :excited:

thanks for the review.

I've finished building Anio's Tie UCS MOC, which is great,but not minifig sized, so I builded the old Tie fighter, and I can't stand it, too bulky and..blue. So I'll definitely buy this one, provide it EVER hit the shelves here in Reunion island store:/

I've put side to side the three Tie fighter, the 9492, the old blue one, and ANio UCS one, and urg, the old blue one really is looking bad. Too bulky.

I'll definitely try to create the tie bomber and the tie advanced with the same style as the 9492.

Really some interristing pieces in that set also.

I can't believe I haven't bought this set yet. I was hoping to get it for Christmas, so I passed it up at $35 when I had the chance. I scrapped my old blue and black Tie fighters the minute I saw pictures of this one. So, I've had an empty spot on my shelf for it for about a year now.

Nice review Sinner :thumbup: And now we know the exact width of your head :tongue:

Looks like a really nice set, I'm especially loving the minifigures.

I've considered getting more of this set because it is very good. The only issue is the side panel things Ties have fall off pretty easy. If you have to move this thing those will probably pop off.

I've considered getting more of this set because it is very good. The only issue is the side panel things Ties have fall off pretty easy. If you have to move this thing those will probably pop off.

Mm, are you sure you built everything ok? In my experience this is a very sturdy and swooshable set, whoever came to my place played with it swooshing it around and wing pins hold perfectly...

To clarify I moved this thing by placing it in a box and driving for 10 minutes. It did not survive a smooth car ride very well. I do not swoosh my models :P.