Next Modular Building?

Green Grocer:

The pram - family home

The cat - pet shop

The barbecue - appliance store

The flowers - flower shop

The post boxes - post shop

The grandfather clock - furniture store

Pretty much everything can be a 'clue' in some way to another building, and these sets are packed with details.

I don't think it's worth debating though, since people are divided into believers and non-believers and no one is going to change their mind. The only thing we can agree on is that we don't know for sure either way.

Edit: David Thomsen was faster with the point I wanted to make.

While I won't say there never were intentional clues, I am more reminded of psychological concepts such as "selective perception" and "hindsight bias" here. Based on the "clues", we can also draw the following absolutely false conclusions.

Cafe corner - bench (bus station), bike (bike shop), cups (china store)

Maket street - flower (flower shop)

Green grocer - cat (pet shop), children's push chair (daycare)

Fire station - dog (pet shop), tools (hardware store)

Grand emporium - ice cream (diner), mail box (post office), flowers (flower shop)

Pet shop - bike (bike shop)

Therefore, we can also draw absolutely false conclusions from the Town Hall, such as the spying glass meaning we'll get a library or a P.I. agency, when the facts say we'll get a Palace Cinema.

Edited by sgeureka

Has it been proven false?

Cafe corner - spilled veg

Maket street - the crossaint

Green grocer - the fire hydrant

Fire station - the shopping bag

Grand emporium.

There was definitely clues in the early ones, the later ones not so much but I find the idea that those things are complete coincidence hard to believe.

Technically, 10190 Market Street isn't a part of the Modulars line. It is of the old Factory theme. I consider it a Modular, though some don't.

Also, now that we know 99% that we're getting a cinema, of some sort, what are we to make of Jamies "burnt soup" clue?!

Technically, 10190 Market Street isn't a part of the Modulars line. It is of the old Factory theme. I consider it a Modular, though some don't.

Also, now that we know 99% that we're getting a cinema, of some sort, what are we to make of Jamies "burnt soup" clue?!

I'm thinking don't go to a soup tasting party that is hosted by Jamie.

Maybe it's already been said, but what about a computer store?? On CUUSO there are some nice ideas, with stickers to recreate Computer screen, in particularly MAC. :wink:

So what is in the Grand Emporium? An Ice Cream cart?

Maybe I'm wrong, but in the Grand Emporium should be a clothing store. :classic:

There are NO intentional references to future buildings in these products - anyone that thinks otherwise is simply trying to make the links for the purposes of speculation.

It is the Palace Cinema.

Has this been confirmed? Did I miss something?

Has this been confirmed? Did I miss something?

A LOT of people know a LOT of things... My only trust: Grogall! There has never been a news from him that hasn't been confirmed, at least not that I'd know of..:

"The next Modular Building is 10232 Palace Cinema!

No word on availability, price or piece count yet, nor are there any pics available yet

will update when I get more news!

Title can be changed!"

So ok, there is no picture and no confirmation by TLC but if Grogall confirms it, I do believe he's right. And this on top of all the others mentioning the Palace Cinema as the new Modular Building, I recall it all started with 1000steine.de.

So to answer your question: No, but yes :wink:

Edited by SwissBrick

I don't understand the desire among AFOL's to find some clue in past sets. You'll never know if your right even if a clue does exist until the set comes out, so why bother? (I don't believe any clues exist). I understand its fun to speculate but why base that speculation on something that probably doesn't in the first place? Okay, now my question

For the past sets, about how much time before the release date did a leaked photograph or official photograph appear on the net?

Also, how come Lego doesn't let one of us design a set kind of like Market Street every year? This could always be a less expensive set of $80 or so and could be released every fall. That way we could have to modulars every year. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a modular building. It could be a park, recycling center, or some other city lot that would work well for the street.

Edited by DMoney

Also, how come Lego doesn't let one of us design a set kind of like Market Street every year? This could always be a less expensive set of $80 or so and could be released every fall. That way we could have to modulars every year. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a modular building. It could be a park, recycling center, or some other city lot that would work well for the street.

Lego is a unique hobby because it doesn't require you to wait for the company to release an annual product as you've described. As fans, we can bypass Lego, build some great models, and share the virtual files. Lego's advantage as manufacturer is being able to set a cheaper price than what it'd cost us to collect a set brick-by-brick. And that's really where Cuusoo should come in. If there were a collective effort by modular building enthusiasts to funnel a campaign for 1 great model per every couple review phases, there's the potential to treat ourselves to an extra modular set per year.

Those are good ideas and all, but then you get collectors like myself that would not be able to budget for a 2nd modular every year. One is hard enough to get with all these other themes I buy. Obviously for Modular only people they would want more, but I agree that LEGO is there to be built however you please. Time to create your own modulars methinks.

I don't understand the desire among AFOL's to find some clue in past sets.

Pattern recognition is a fundamental human condition that seperates us from other animals. That's why we have 'useless' things like art. And that's why one can see those 'clues' as well ..

Also, how come Lego doesn't let one of us design a set kind of like Market Street every year?

That would open a boatload of can'o'worms. TLG have inhouse designers for a good reason. Copyright and lotsa screaming on forums would be a couple of reasons

If you think you can do it better than TLG designers, I'm sure you can send them a job application :wink:

Edit : fat fingers, sorry

Edited by 1974

That would open a boatload of can'o'worms. TLG have inhouse designers for a good reason. Copyright and lotsa screaming on forums would be a couple of reasons

If you think you can do it better than TLG designers, I'm sure you can send them a job application :wink:

Edit : fat fingers, sorry

You are aware that 10190 Market Street was, in fact, designed by a child by way of the now deceased 'Factory' right? :wink:

Edited by Legocrazy81

You are aware that 10190 Market Street was, in fact, designed by a child by way of the now deceased 'Factory' right? :wink:

Eric Brok (the designer of Market Street) was in his forties (I guess) when he designed the set. He passed away in 2007.

Why did you think it was a child that designed it?

You should do some research before posting things!

Eric Brok was not a child! when he designed Market Street.

eric01.jpg

From Eric Brok's home page

Edited by GRogall

First, excuse my poor english.

As many people, I think every modular building have a clue for the next one. In my mind, the clue in the town hall is the press photograph and the detective glass manifier.

I think next modular should be a journalist office (I don't know the english word of such a place... like the Daily Planet in Superman !)

The rumor about a theatre/cinema looks weird for me, I don't thing such a building can fit the current modular street. Every box have a picture of the view vith previous modular.

Can really a cinema be set just next the 1891 old style town hall ?

I have some questions to all of those who are looking for "clues". What would it take to disprove this crazy theory, and if it is true, what good is it? From my experience, every "clue" has only been picked out in hindsight, after knowledge of the next set arises. So why do people keep expecting to correctly predict sets using it? I imagine no matter what building comes out, subscribers to this theory will pick out one of the many, many details in the previous modular and use it as "evidence" for this theory. So it seems that short of Jamie Berard explaining that they don't put clues in the modular buildings, this wild speculation isn't going away.

Eric Brok (the designer of Market Street) was in his forties (I guess) when he designed the set. He passed away in 2007.

Bah, oops! :blush: I thought I remember reading about a kid designing this set(when it was available). Clearly I read something wrong. Ha, thanks for the correction.