Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

. . . If we added up the all time number of minifigs that are male vs. female, some of us might cry for days due to the lack of females.

This is getting old, and I would guess that more females in a set would really bump up sales. Of course as a lark, we could suggest that LEGO make 90% female and 10% male minifigs for the next 10 years or so to catch up!

Wow, that would be fun for many of us, certainly the females!

What the heck, we can always dream, can't we!

I can't say I see more females bumping up sales. A lot of boys wouldn't be keen on having a 50-50 chance to get a girl or a boy. . . :wink:

I got Santa Claus and the Fairy yesterday. That skirt on the Fairy is a pain to put on. It also gets damaged when on. :sceptic:

Any showing up in the UK yet?

I have viseted about 5 of my local stores and none seem to have any yet :sceptic: . Though one says they have an order of lego comeing this week so fingers crossed :cry_happy: .

Edited by The Joker1

Any showing up in the UK yet?

They are exclusive to Tesco (not including Lego Brand Stores) for the month of September, so don't expect to see them in WHSmiths/Toy R Us etc until the 1st of October. As for smaller independent stores, who knows.

Out of curiosity, anyone spy this set out in Singapore?

It will be released in September in Singapore.

I've read a lot of people thinking the conquistador is a fail of a minifigure and as far as I can tell, he is my favorite. Funny how that works. I guess that is why these series are so popular, something for everyone. And with less people buying conquistadors, the more for me. :devil:

But since my daughter is obsessed with the movie Tangled, I was actually planning on using the conquistador gold armor for a more elite castle guard similar that movie, but for my Lion knights. It might look nice not having a lion head on a few pieces of armor. Otherwise, I think the conquistador is brilliant. It doesn't bother me at all having gold pieces instead of silver.

Got my first lot of 5 today through Tesco Direct. Started off on a good note with the evil robot, who's just as jolly as they say. First time I've had a robot-arm torso, so that looks like it'll be fun to re-use, as will the fantastic head print. Straight after that came Santa. Santa is Santa. A decent fig, certainly, but with no re-use potential beyond being... Santa. Really not looking forward to getting another one.

Third bag was the Actor. Dear lord, if he's not everything I'd hoped for. The torso and leg prints are beautiful, the ruff is fantastic. The only thing letting the actor down is the rather basic hair, but still, I am not complaining. Give me more! More ruffs!

After that was the Vampire Bat. Bleh. Not my favourite, but the head print could have some value elsewhere. It's odd how these figs have the most innovation in minifig shapes since they were given arms in the first place... but they're still not all that exciting. Last was the Diver, and he's just fun personified. The helmet is great, and helps show off what an appropriate head print he has. He's having a wonderful time down there on the ocean floor! Best holiday ever!

Sadly I didn't get a Conquistador, but I'll be getting more of these for sure. I'm dead chuffed with this series so far. So long as I can get a couple more Conquistadors and Actors I'll be a happy chap.

Finally I got the Football Player. Now the only thing that I need to get is either Conquistador or Lederhosen Guy?

They are exclusive to Tesco (not including Lego Brand Stores) for the month of September, so don't expect to see them in WHSmiths/Toy R Us etc until the 1st of October. As for smaller independent stores, who knows.

I picked up the following from the White City brand store last Sunday:

Pteropine vampire x2

Pirate captain x2

Conquistador x1

Shakesperean actor x1

Alien queen x1

Fairy x1

Skier x1

Tyrolean x1

I'm still after Father Christmas as well as duplicates of some of the above. I've found this series fairly easy to identify by feel.

Before going to White City, I tried 5 Tesco stores including the superstore on the Old Kent Road. They didn't have them.

LEGO brand store: hero. Tesco: zero!

Tesco in Southampton (West Quay) had four boxes on the shelves today. It was very exciting.

I got:

Pirate captain x2

Cheerleader x 1

Skier x1

Deep Sea Diver x 1

American Footballer x 1.

I didn't do very well with my feeling/guessing technique; only managed two out of six. I am on the look out for a fairy and Santa.

Found them today at a Walmart in Charleston, SC. price was $2.97

Which Walmart? I went to the one on Rivers and the one by the airport today with no luck. Thanks!

I finally had the chance to buy some figures from series 8! I only got Santa for now, but I'll be back later to get the vampire bat and possibly others.

Which Walmart? I went to the one on Rivers and the one by the airport today with no luck. Thanks!

The one on Dorcester rd past Wescott. I think it technically is Summerville. They were in one of the hanging displays on an end cap.

I also found them at TRU on rivers but they were $3.50 there.

It will be released in September in Singapore.

Thanks White Fang! I got mine in Bricks World at taka yesterday. This series is much easier to feel. Hubby and I got what we wanted.

BatVampire

Cowgirl

Skiing girl

Pretzel guy

Uncle Santa

Pirate

Business man

Was hoping to get fairy but wasn't able to feel any. Probably will look elsewhere for it.

Thanks White Fang! I got mine in Bricks World at taka yesterday. This series is much easier to feel. Hubby and I got what we wanted.

BatVampire

Cowgirl

Skiing girl

Pretzel guy

Uncle Santa

Pirate

Business man

Was hoping to get fairy but wasn't able to feel any. Probably will look elsewhere for it.

Ah, so it is now released and available in Singapore. Thank you for the good news. :sweet:

Went through the same stores as last time but no luck finding the figs, Citymarket I did not go to as the yhad previously.

Oh well, ended up ordering 2 cases from amazon.it as they now are 105 92 euros per case with immediate avaibility.

last minute addition: Just checked and the price just dropped to 92 euros per case, now to hope I can get mu 105 eur/case order fixed to this price.. hnnnngh!

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B007OOX084

Anyone from the South West of England (Dorset.)found any yet? I have been looking and have searched again this morning all Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury, ASDA, WH Smith & Toymaster as well as a couple of independent toy stores in our area and no-body I could find had them. I asked in a few of the quieter stores and they said that they have been ordered but they have not arrived. Even the ones that said they had LEGO delivered last week but that the S8 Mini-figs were not in the order. Just wondering if they have a shortage or not as it seems odd for nobody at all to have them in stock yet?

Anyone from the South West of England (Dorset.)found any yet? I have been looking and have searched again this morning all Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury, ASDA, WH Smith & Toymaster as well as a couple of independent toy stores in our area and no-body I could find had them. I asked in a few of the quieter stores and they said that they have been ordered but they have not arrived. Even the ones that said they had LEGO delivered last week but that the S8 Mini-figs were not in the order. Just wondering if they have a shortage or not as it seems odd for nobody at all to have them in stock yet?

Tesco has exclusivity for the month of September apparently so check all of your local Tesco stores, failing that... wait until October