Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest Masters' Lounge

I assume its back to the drawing board with me?

I already replied to you. I can't make neither heads or tails about one sentence, so please send me more details about how you think the quest will go. If you are unsure what I mean, then please read the guide from the first post of this topic and then get back to me. :wink:

Great quest Rumble. The photos were great and I loved the look of the mansion. Was it made mainly out of an 8078 by any chance? The monsters were very cute as well. The only problem was when you went to Legoland and we caused a lot of confusion amongst ourselves. Oh, and Hlin is awesome. Thank you for taking us and choosing one more person.

I felt the difficulty curve was perfect and your photos crisp, Rumblestrike! It was an enjoyable experience, even when we caved in on ourselves while you were off in Legoland. (Hope you enjoyed that, by the way!) The skull puzzle was also very welcome, as was the dark room.

With all of our delusions, shenanigans, and at the end death threats, it seemed like a difficult time for a QM. I fear I caused the most trouble, though...

Overall, very enjoyable quest! Never thought I'd see cars parts used in the manner you used 'em.

Yeah Rumblestrike, It was a great quest in general. The pictures were great, the fun was great. The players arguing and confusing everything was great too, though using the large definition rather than the good definition. Sorry about that...

I especially liked the flexibility, in the dark room and with the Maginastra. I liked the Maginastra, too. Great beard and staff, and I hope he makes an appearance in a later quest.

Maginastra was awesome. I'm super psyched to see where he goes and who his higher ups are! The guardians were beautiful as well. Nice quest my friend! :thumbup:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. The learning curve I had when making MOCs has been enormous, as I only build stuff for Heroica, but I am very pleased with what I managed to create for the Guardians. I wanted them to look childlike, as if they had been created by children, and the cartoony Cars eyes seemed to do that nicely.

I used the black pieces from 8078 Portal of Atlantis because I wanted to give the third floor of the mansion a different feel from the first two floors which were lighter in look. I was actually limited by how many things I have in my collection, like doors! I had to build floors one and two separately because I didn't have enough.

As for the main part of the Quest, I didn't want the Maginastra to be a stereotypical bad guy. I do like some shades of grey. You guys had figured out a lot of it by the time you met him, but I hope that his urbane and charming nature made you question things.

I had a blast playing him, and also Hlin, who was initially just a throwaway character in Quest#13, but I had such fun playing him then that I decided to bring him back. I am sure both characters will return at some point - as you can see, this one did tie in with the overall story from Quest#13, so there does need to be a concluding part to the saga.

I do have a picture of the Maginastra and his team, prepared well before Erik's turn against the others. That was awesome by the way - the way Myrrdyn justified his actions completely in character, I liked it a lot.

As a QM I like to think that my plots and story are just a canvas for you guys to roleplay on, and I think most of you really took that opportunity at the end, so even though there was no fight, I hope you all enjoyed that.

Thanks again for playing, and I hope everyone following along also had a good time. Special thanks as always go to Sandy for allowing me to host Quests and add to the rich tapestry everyone has created.

Well done Rumble Strike. That was a sincerely lovely quest and I enjoyed watching it unfold. You have definitely improved in many different aspects and I look forward to watching you do more in the future. The battles were equally spaced and relatively challenging (sometimes you can't do anything about lucky rolls so don't worry too much about it). The loot was well proportioned and the appropriate. The scenes were great and your story was well thought out and accomplished with minimal rail roading. You gave the Party plenty of time to role-play and I think we saw some good development in the PC's. Personally I would have liked to see 1 more puzzle of sorts but that's just my preference. All in all, you did an excellent job. :thumbup:

Agreed with the others, great job QMing Rumble Strike. I just wanted to add that the whole quest had a very eerie feeling to it, while Quest #13 had a sort of depressing mood. I love how you can bring out these moods in your quests, and I'll be looking forward to what you have in store for the final chapter. :thumbup:

Yet again, another Runblestrike quest with the final battle aborted because some hero sides with the 'villain'.

It's becoming a trademark. But really, good quest all round. Loved following it, and your mocs complimented the story brilliantly.

I liked the Quest as well, Rumble. I love how it tied in with Quest 13, really looking forward to a continuation of that story. It goes without saying that the pictures were cool, and I liked the fact that there was this flexibility with were the heroes could go first.

Thanks all for the positive comments, it's great to know other QMs enjoyed watching it, as well as peeps who played in my previous Quest. Scuba asked me if it would have anything to do with Sorona and Haroka, and I told him no, which wasn't quite true, but really this one just set a little bit more of a scene before we see them again.

WBD, I would have liked to have done another puzzle, but didn't have one for pacing reasons. The warping door would have been another small puzzle similar to the dark room.

As promised, if you guys would have taken on the Maginistra, this is what you would have faced:

7252133248_0448bdfee3_b.jpg

I can also take more pics of the Guardians, if anyone is interested. Just let me know. I realised I hadn't set Snowy's pic to public, so apologies for that.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Yeah Rumble, another good quest for you. :thumbup: You had an excellent plot, and I can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks all for the positive comments, it's great to know other QMs enjoyed watching it, as well as peeps who played in my previous Quest. Scuba asked me if it would have anything to do with Sorona and Haroka, and I told him no, which wasn't quite true, but really this one just set a little bit more of a scene before we see them again.

WBD, I would have liked to have done another puzzle, but didn't have one for pacing reasons. The warping door would have been another small puzzle similar to the dark room.

As promised, if you guys would have taken on the Maginistra, this is what you would have faced:

7252133248_0448bdfee3_b.jpg

I can also take more pics of the Guardians, if anyone is interested. Just let me know. I realised I hadn't set Snowy's pic to public, so apologies for that.

Woah! 6v3... the free hits would've knocked us out before the Maginastra did! :laugh:

No, no specific numbers, in case we see them again.

I swear, if I have to deal with that suit of armor again, Syntax will compound his head into a soda can! :laugh:

WiP Quest questions:

1. Would any of the Houses steal from oneanother?

2. Do crosses have any significance in Eubric?

From what I can recall 99 Pieces of Pretzel, Inc. have trademarked the cross. So you'll have to ask the Director/CEO for permission to make one of your own. Sorry, mate!

From what I can recall 99 Pieces of Pretzel, Inc. have trademarked the cross. So you'll have to ask the Director/CEO for permission to make one of your own. Sorry, mate!

:laugh: :laugh: :hmpf_bad:

This is an example of the style/set design that I will be using for my Quest. Additionally, it is a group shot of some NPCs that will play a role in the Quest. C&C Please.

7322965948_78e82fdfc2.jpg

Edited by LEGOman273

This is an example of the style/set design that I will be using for my Quest. Additionally, it is a group shot of some NPCs that will play a role in the Quest. C&C Please.

Ooh. :wub: That's very good. I love the characters and those tiles. :classic:

7287909330_e5a83d7f8d.jpg

Wow, this is actually is really cool scene, nice NPCs, colors, and model. :thumbup: